Discovery Gaming Community
Nomad healing - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Nomad healing (/showthread.php?tid=36846)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Nomad healing - schlurbi - 03-21-2010

' Wrote:Nomads are given through SRP so I dont think there will be any lulwuts who are going to abuse this
No, Keepers are given through SRP.

Nomad healing - Guest - 03-21-2010

' Wrote:No, Keepers are given through SRP.

And Morphs are free, indeed. But if you enter combat with them, it's usually your own fault, since they can't attack.

Nomad healing - Shryke - 03-21-2010

So basically, Tenacity, you'd like a way to be impervious from combat so you can RP? Well guess what, everyone else has enemies. Nomads might have a lot, but so do Phantoms and a host of other factions, and they also have few bases to land on. They have to put up with their enemies without game play advantages, yet Nomad should get another one?

Nomad healing - Guest - 03-21-2010

' Wrote:So basically, Tenacity, you'd like a way to be impervious from combat so you can RP? Well guess what, everyone else has enemies. Nomads might have a lot, but so do Phantoms and a host of other factions, and they also have few bases to land on. They have to put up with their enemies without game play advantages, yet Nomad should get another one?

Where does he say that? All I see is a request for rad immunity, not admin shields.

Nomad healing - Tenacity - 03-21-2010

Quote:So basically, Tenacity, you'd like a way to be impervious from combat so you can RP? Well guess what, everyone else has enemies.

I wasnt the one who brought up hiding in the sun, that's not the kind of thing I'd do, since I rather enjoy blowing people up =P

However, I would like to fly through my own systems, and fight in them, without suffering extreme repair bills, equipment loss, or even death because of radiation damage. Most keepers fly smaller ships - fighters and bombers - which will always be taken out by radiation before a capship will. Guess what kind of ships we see barging into our space most often?

Quote:No, Keepers are given through SRP.

This would not need to apply to morphs, only the 'real' nomad ships. The distinction can be made, as this would be accomplished through an FLhook addition - Cannon has already said it's possible to do so.

Nomad healing - globalplayer-svk - 03-21-2010

you know what is funny?
that i read in this thread like 1500 times, how will nomads become uber and how we will use this advantage to kill all on server...

but few things:
are you sure that only what we will is kill all on server? or are all the others really happy when they can kill our lightfighters with battleships????? (yes i know, not all, but really lot of you...)

when we go somewhere far away from our home systems, are you sure we are going to gank/kill everyone in the target area? or it is something in line: omg. 4 keepers in new york, SKYPE,SKYPE,SKYPE,SKYPE get 1800 people online...

someone here typed about that all factions have enemies, but which faction has majority of enemies that are lolcaps and pvpwhores????
(you know why i type this? because in 99 percent of situation when keeper/nomad/wild/morph meet someone who can and will rp, situation ends WITHOUT fight....)

and people typing about how annoying it will be when nomad can spam chat with asterixes.... bassically when they can RP with feeling that you, in your uber super big capital ship can not kill them, what is bad on that???

just my few opinions...
this is game,,, games are for fun... no fun from finding capital ship fleet in your GUARD system almost every day ....

Nomad healing - komet - 03-21-2010

' Wrote:You also take out the fact that there can and WILL be lolcrafts out there who would take that advantage and $!$%@^ what you call "dumb" players while loling amongst themselves.

Oh... @Blaze - I augment your comment... I think it's been said before, but radiation immunity would allow Nomads to LOL you in ANY STAR SYSTEM to brain-implosion if they were given this...

and they will...

Since when do Nomad players "lol" anywhere? Granted, there are people who fly the morph that don't know how to properly RP a Nomad, but hey that's what the Morph is there for: learning how to roleplay as a Nomad.

If someone in a Morph is just annoying you then why not use /ignore, or fly to another system, or log on to a different character?

Lastly, I don't see how giving Nomad morph's the ability to heal a little bit at a time would be bad. I mean, what is a Nomad LF with Krakens going to do to you anyways? So long as you try to roleplay with the guy (and by roleplay I mean actually talk to the guy, not try to blow him away 'cause he's in a Nomad ship). However, if you do have to fight a Morph, I really doubt he's going to try to run to the sun corona to get 10 points of health if he needs to sit still.

' Wrote:It will be abused.

Back on corsair times mostly we tried to lure hessians to the highier radiation sectors. Why? .. becouse Titan is a tank and can suffer much more damage than odin could at those times in a same period of time. Why you think nomads won't abuse this?

The answer they will. We all are players, and we all want to win pvp. You can act or lie that you don't but that will be just hypocrasy. Sometimes pvp brings to frustration in which even good player starts to act in abusive manner. That could happen. After luring few players near, lets say, neutron star of omega 41, voidrunners will just dodge, while odins/titans get eaten by neutron star. Or players simply retreat which will mean pvp death anyway.

No, this shouldn't be implented, nomads have enought of advatages already.

Abused? Everything in this game gets abused.

Like I said before I REALLY doubt that giving Nomad morphs the ability to heal very slowly by sitting completely slow in a sun's corona (not to be confused with a sun's death barrier) would give them a huge advantage. As Laran has said before, it's usually your fault if you're fighting someone in a Nomad Morph (because of their ID's restrictions).

I would like to reiterate that the Nomad Morph exists as a roleplay tool, not as a PvP tool. You think someone is abusing it by mind eating other people, ignore it and go to another system. You think the morph is being an idiot, use /ignore and go on with your day.

Nomad healing - mjolnir - 03-21-2010

' Wrote:when we go somewhere far away from our home systems, are you sure we are going to gank/kill everyone in the target area? or it is something in line: omg. 4 keepers in new york, SKYPE,SKYPE,SKYPE,SKYPE get 1800 people online...

And in 1 hour firing at the turbosquid they manage to take 2 bots by a random lucky shot :lol:

Nomad healing - pieguy259 - 03-21-2010

PanGal should regenerate health when given fancy cocktails and hot towels.

But srsly. Why not rephax morphs neutral to Nomad NPCs? It would make sense in RP, give them extra places to resupply and also prevent them from dying to their own kind in Omicron.

Nomad healing - globalplayer-svk - 03-22-2010

' Wrote:And in 1 hour firing at the turbosquid they manage to take 2 bots by a random lucky shot :lol:

strange hear it from you mjolnir...
how many times i destroyed you in your RM in past? wait... 0 times...
how many times was my keeper turbo squid destroyed? hmmm many times....

so why not scream about your lovely rheinland ships ???
strange is, that you never throw a stone at your prefered ships, but you never miss a chance to throw stones to nomad ships...

(and you know best that nomads are in rp far far away in ships as humans.... so you will scream that nomad light fighter is faster as human light fighters??? why you dont scream about that nomads are missing shield buster... that nomad bomber is much weaker as rheinland bomber,,, that nomad assasin is weaker that half human ships?.... hm? when scream about advantage, scream also about disadvantage...)