Discovery Gaming Community
Random Bounty! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Random Bounty! (/showthread.php?tid=559)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Random Bounty! - Firebird - 01-31-2006

marauder,Jan 31 2006, 12:39 PM Wrote:7) this hunt for the Phantoms, started by you Dab, now seems (to me at least) like it has turned into a fully-fledged vendetta against them.
[snapback]11427[/snapback]

Well a vendetta against the Phantoms wouldn't be surprising from a roleplay point of view, we did after all flatten both New London and Manhatten.

Random Bounty! - Wolfpack98 - 01-31-2006

Firebird,Jan 31 2006, 02:48 PM Wrote:Well a vendetta against the Phantoms wouldn't be surprising from a roleplay point of view, we did after all flatten both New London and Manhatten.
[snapback]11429[/snapback]

By that definition, Dab has no right to have a vendetta against us as AW doesn't control either New London OR Manhattan.. SF does.

So.. Lance, Me, Met would have the Vendetta. Sorry, but that logic doesn't tack.. unless Dab has ulterior motives ;)

Random Bounty! - marauder - 01-31-2006

Firebird,Jan 31 2006, 08:48 PM Wrote:Well a vendetta against the Phantoms wouldn't be surprising from a roleplay point of view, we did after all flatten both New London and Manhatten.
[snapback]11429[/snapback]

From the SF yes, it wouldn't be surprising for them to launch a vendetta against the Phantoms.

But the AW's terroritory is the Borderworlds, House Faction relations with the Phantoms would only affect the AW if they were hired to attack Phantoms.

The "Phantom Hunt" was started by Dab at least a week or 2 before New London was bombed. New London and Manhattan were both attacked in response to the hunting of the Phantoms by the AW.

Personally I think Dab started this "Phantom Hunt" because he thought the server was too quiet again and he knew no-one would support his going to war, again, just to 'spice things up a bit' it was the excuse that the -=?=- used when they turned up.

Random Bounty! - Dab - 01-31-2006

marauder,Jan 31 2006, 03:39 PM Wrote:I've got a few points here:

1) you attack Phantoms in every system you find them. NOT just the Omicrons and other AW systems.

We are at war. And this has nothing to do about Phantoms anyway its me and Damned and I only fight him when he is in my territory. Except the times you, him, Virus, Micro, and Sid chased me (not all at once thank god).

marauder,Jan 31 2006, 03:39 PM Wrote:2) I've never attacked/pirated ANY AW traders. RP wise or at any other time and I've never pirated anyone in AW space.

AW and Phantom are at war so I will attack any Phantoms that I see. Whether you did anything to us or not you are part of the Phantoms deal with it or leave them. I don't see why your complaining about this.

marauder,Jan 31 2006, 03:39 PM Wrote:5) When you tried ordering the group of pirates to leave Gamma other week NO-ONE left until it was time for the Server Event that Firebird had organised. You promptly started claiming that you'd won and that most of us were leaving because of you.

I never said I won and never will. I lost (alot) in that battle. Though it wasn't exactly fair...

marauder,Jan 31 2006, 03:39 PM Wrote:6) it sounds alot like your trying to rule the server. BUT you can't kick people out of your terroritory when your not on and you can't tell them not to go where they like if your not on.

So why all this fuss just because people don't want to be told what to do by you when you are on?

I won't complain if someone tells me they WERE in Gamma or Alpha or wherever but If I am on at the time they are there then I will do something about it.

marauder,Jan 31 2006, 03:39 PM Wrote:7) this hunt for the Phantoms, started by you Dab, now seems (to me at least) like it has turned into a fully-fledged vendetta against them.

WHY?

You havent been in Phantom for long enough to know, and it also has a RP point to it. The Miraluka thread explains why I attack you like it was a vendetta. I'm just doing what my RP says I do.

And Firebird, I did talk about the lack of RP in a thread, which noone read, And nothing was done or even talked about.

Also Wolf I never told him to get out I asked him he refuse we would fight I would ask again he refused I attacked again. Eventually it might have sounded like I told him but that was because I was getting in a bad mood by it all.

And okay I won't enter Gamma unless I see Phantoms in there. Sorry but I can't just let them go in there and do anything. But I will switch to a char get them out then switch back I won't be in there if there isn't a hostile in there.

Also you said if the freelancer (though he is now known to everyone that he is a terrorist) has attacked AW before then I could call him hostile. Well he did fire first. In that battle with all 4 of you in Gamma I said the Phantoms must leave he fired on me and told me he was "allied" with the phantoms. So I have three reasons to call him hostile to AW. Fire upon a AW member, Allied with a hostile faction we are at war with, and being a terrorist.

And to you Phantoms don't take it personally its just RP.

Random Bounty! - Wolfpack98 - 01-31-2006

Dab,Jan 31 2006, 03:07 PM Wrote:And okay I won't enter Gamma unless I see Phantoms in there. Sorry but I can't just let them go in there and do anything. But I will switch to a char get them out then switch back I won't be in there if there isn't a hostile in there.

If I say stay out for 24 hours that MEANS 24 hours.

No exceptions

If you prefer, i'll make Omicron Gama a DMZ, where no one can enter for the next 24 hours... I'm in no mood to debate this.

Dab,Jan 31 2006, 09:07 PM Wrote:AW and Phantom are at war so I will attack any Phantoms that I see. Whether you did anything to us or not you are part of the Phantoms deal with it or leave them. I don't see why your complaining about this.

I never said I won and never will. I lost (alot) in that battle. Though it wasn't exactly fair...

You havent been in Phantom for long enough to know, and it also has a RP point to it. The Miraluka thread explains why I attack you like it was a vendetta. I'm just doing what my RP says I do.

And okay I won't enter Gamma unless I see Phantoms in there. Sorry but I can't just let them go in there and do anything. But I will switch to a char get them out then switch back I won't be in there if there isn't a hostile in there.

And to you Phantoms don't take it personally its just RP.
[snapback]11437[/snapback]

according to the AW faction post the status with the Phantoms is:

'Hostile, being Hunted.'

NOT:

'Hostile, at war.'

----------------------

I'm not even going to comment about your claim that it wasn't fair.

----------------------

I've been a Phantom for at least a month, if not longer. I know about your alien race post and I did read it.

That by the way is an excuse, NOT a reason.

-----------------------

I'm not taking it personally, I never have done.

My comment about a vendetta was the way you've been fighting and speaking on the forum about the Phantoms and what they've been doing.

Wolfpack98,Jan 31 2006, 04:12 PM Wrote:If I say stay out for 24 hours that MEANS 24 hours.

No exceptions

If you prefer, i'll make Omicron Gama a DMZ, where no one can enter for the next 24 hours...  I'm in no mood to debate this.
[snapback]11440[/snapback]

Okay make it so noone can enter Gamma that would solve the problem at least temporarily.

And I'm kinda sick of everyone telling people on the server that I restrict the Omicrons to pirates. I don't Only people who have attacked us are attacked back. Pirates want in Gamma fine but don't shoot at us, and nothing bad will happen.

Dab,Jan 31 2006, 09:19 PM Wrote:Pirates want in Gamma fine but don't shoot at us, and nothing bad will happen.
[snapback]11444[/snapback]

Well it's all well and good saying that, it's a good idea.

But how can you say that when you shoot people on sight?

It would be nice for people to be able to do missions in the Omicrons and not have some trigger-happy nut come looking for them just because of the faction they are in.

Some people/places would consider that as being prejudiced. I certainly do, I choose the Phantoms because I wanted to have a Pirate character who was hated by the NPCs and ignored by players, unless I was in the same system, then I wouldn't have minded if they shot me on sight.

Your attitude and conduct towards the Phantoms recently is guaranteed to force some people to leave the Phantom Faction, you've already succeeded with Phantom L.O.K.I and I'm pretty sure if you keep this behaviour up that they'll be more.

I personally think that you Dab should consider leaving pirates/phantoms in the Omicrons alone unless they shoot at you.

The AW faction post says that your not taxing your systems so what would be the problem with that?

The only other person who regularly hunts us Phantoms is Angel and then only if we're within 2 or 3 systems from her.

Random Bounty! - Met2085 - 01-31-2006

marauder,Jan 31 2006, 04:51 PM Wrote:trigger-happy nut
[snapback]11461[/snapback]

Looks at Dab :rolleyes: :P

The thing you forget is that you are part of phantoms when you were in Gamma. I don't care if you are a pirate with a pirate NPC tag if you are part of a faction that is hostile to us. I have every right to attack you and any other phantoms if they enter Gamma. Right now the only freelancers I don't want in our territory (or zone of control if you want to call it that) is Damned and Sauron. I probably won't attack Sauron though because he hasn't done, or rather I havent caught him, doing anything against AW. Now Damned on the other hand... Also if you are wearing a phantom tag expect to be attacked if you enter Omicrons or Sigmas. You are part of a faction that is hostile to another one. Don't expect for them to just say "oh go ahead enter our systems" they ARE going to attack you. when we fought the SDF did you see us let THEM in Tau-37? No we attacked them just as we attack Phantom now. You want to go RP a pirate in Gamma make a pirate without a PC tag on it.