Discovery Gaming Community
Order| tech chart change request. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Order| tech chart change request. (/showthread.php?tid=67212)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Order| tech chart change request. - Friday - 10-08-2011

' Wrote:Dragons shot up Zoners.

What, is that it?

GMG are also Zoner allies, and also the direct backers of the Dragons. I can just see the conversation now...

Zonerzonerzoner: DRAGUNS SHOT ME UP IN CHUGGY! U BREAK ALLIANCE NAO!

GMG: That is a dangerous part of space - you get permission from them?

GMG (to Dragons): Did that Zoner get permission from you? What was he doing in there?

Dragons: Just some numpty in a Barge dude.

GMG: Okay no worries.

GMG (to Zonerzonerzoner): Dude! That is like the most dangerous part of space EVER! You are a total retard!

Seriously - its Dragon space. You want to go into the Dragon's lair and complain that his breath stinks? I can tell you right now that the GMG wont give a toss, and neither should the Order.

There are also three official Zoner factions - the Order only needs one of them to maintain its relationship with the Zoners. What makes people think any of them will care about some indy Barge that got shot up?

If Zoners actually bothered to cut trade deals with the Dragons, then they would have something to barter with. They don't, so why would the Dragons care if they live or die?
Shooting Zoners is bad RP?
NOT shooting Zoners who don't play ball is bad RP!

Order| tech chart change request. - Klaw117 - 10-08-2011

' Wrote:Whats your point?
Official Faction doing bad RP so let them get away with it cheap cause noone cares about RP anyway?
You may be right but then there remain just the RP like the RP-faction(leader)s responsible. Bad examples.
The two Blood Dragons being discussed weren't official faction members, they were independents. I'm sure that the official Blood Dragons would be less inclined to shoot Zoners. As far as I know, they don't even condone piracy (read the rumors on Kyoto Base) and only focus on attacking Samura because of its corruption.

Order| tech chart change request. - Ryummel - 10-08-2011

' Wrote:GMG are also Zoner allies, and also the direct backers of the Dragons. I can just see the conversation now...
Zonerzonerzoner: DRAGUNS SHOT ME UP IN CHUGGY! U BREAK ALLIANCE NAO!
I don't even think that Zoners should know about GMG-BD relations at all.

' Wrote:As far as I know, they don't even condone piracy (read the rumors on Kyoto Base) and only focus on attacking Samura because of its corruption.
If you read Kishiro NPC rumors at Yukawa, you'll see Dragons storm Kishiro convoys (Rarely) to get supplies. Now rumors in Ainu say Dragons usually let foreign corporate ships roam freely around Kusari, but since this is Disco and we have a ton of capital ships, guess that pirating them explains somehow their ability to build/restore them caps.

Order| tech chart change request. - Omicron - 10-08-2011

Let me sum it up so we can end with "ololo u shoot me, hey you severe relations with them" and go back to topic.

Hammerstein, I very doubt you have power to severe Order-Zoner relations considering I heard about you here for first time. I doubt you will be even supposed to know about Order-BD relations and very doubtful any Zoner faction will listen to you. If you want do anything, do it in-rp not OORP - that way you will achieve... nothing.

Order| tech chart change request. - Disco - 10-08-2011

' Wrote:My point was, the Outcasts have speciated, but are probably still capable of breeding with normal humans. That makes them a bridge-specie between humans and something else. Just like grizzlies and polar bears. They're technically separate species, but can still produce viable offspring (which is a massive pain for biologists, who are having to redefine the concept of what a specie is due to this).

In any case, no, they're not fully human any more. Possibly not even at all human. 800 years of nomming on DNA-warping alien LSD will do that to a race. Yeah, Cardimine was intended for the Nomads. I do take the idea of Outcasts worshipping Nomads with a pinch of salt, however. Well, the idea that they worship them knowing what they are anyway.

In any case, with the current <strike>stupid</strike> unusual RP the Outcasts are following, there's a very good chance there's an extremely high proliferation of Nomads throughout Outcast society. The Nomads would have to be bloody stupid to pass up an opportunity like that - a small, easily infected society of highly influential humans who have already been genetically altered to be more suitable as hosts.

Furthermore, Outcasts possess basically unlimited supplies of Cardimine (which is an evolution-accelerating super drug for Nomads). Even more to their benefit, is the Cardimine smuggling operation - contacts all across Sirius in all of the houses' underworlds to sink their wily purple tentacles into. Of course, while this is logical, Igiss write the storyline. So no, the thought wouldn't even have occurred to him.

I thought Outcasts were not able to reproduce and were sterile?

Order| tech chart change request. - Zahas - 10-08-2011

Don't forget that if you'r gonna do this people won't be able to make fast order chars and they'll have to go for some pain

Order| tech chart change request. - Omicron - 10-08-2011

commence /restart Corsair and swap ID for recruit BEFORE undocking.

EDIT: OC are not sterile, they have decreased fertility.

Order| tech chart change request. - Klaw117 - 10-08-2011

' Wrote:I don't even think that Zoners should know about GMG-BD relations at all.
If you read Kishiro NPC rumors at Yukawa, you'll see Dragons storm Kishiro convoys (Rarely) to get supplies. Now rumors in Ainu say Dragons usually let foreign corporate ships roam freely around Kusari, but since this is Disco and we have a ton of capital ships, guess that pirating them explains somehow their ability to build/restore them caps.
Well, I was talking in a much broader sense. I know the BD do pirate, but they don't condone large amounts of it, which is why the BD is sometimes ticked off over the GC's amount of pirating. In the end, their targets are still Samura and since Samura controls a vast amount of Kusari, I think you could argue that pirating Samura brings in enough to sustain the BD's capital ship fleet, although a few Kishiro and GMG convoys are also pirated to make ends make.

' Wrote:I thought Outcasts were not able to reproduce and were sterile?
Omicron beat me to it, but I also wanted to add this bit: If I recall correctly, Outcast births and conceptions are celebrated events in Outcast society.

Order| tech chart change request. - Not Espi - 10-08-2011

' Wrote:BD's capital ship fleet

i genuinely lol'd at this.

then i thought of a chugoku that is similar to gamma and i died a bit inside.

Order| tech chart change request. - ProwlerPC - 10-08-2011

' Wrote:I don't even think that Zoners should know about GMG-BD relations at all.

Yes it at first occured to me that this Hammerstein guy isn't spamming my PM box because he got shot by BD and GMG (allied to Zoners) are the ones funding BD, because well it's the exact same situation he's against happening if Order allied itself with BD (which by lore already occured once during the Nomad War). Ryummel is, of course, correct. Zoners shouldn't know of this relationship. Kishiro (GMG's other allies) is also in the dark about this and they shouldn't really be burdened with the kind of baggage in their rise to the throne that both GMG and Samura seem to willingly carry (I hope for that to be their legacy, to be the one that rise honourably above both Samura and GMG pettiness and symbolize the change in Kusari).

Back to the growing relationship between Order, BD and GMG. By lore standards GMG and BD have kept their relationship for a fair amount of decades and still continue to keep it quiet. Our relations with Order will be more open but it does show precedent that another group like the Order can keep their ties to the BD secret (we learned that BD won't tell anyone, honourable warriors that they are). But that is up them to work out which I don't wish to dictate.

Edit add: Klaw the BD do NOT make any hostile actions against GMG. No piracy on us whatsoever. It would be both an OORP breaking of the rules and a direct infraction against the ID itself. We are their biggest supporters and finacial backers.