Discovery Gaming Community
SF Message Dump - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: SF Message Dump (/showthread.php?tid=1027)

SF Message Dump - Wyvernhead - 08-11-2007

Transmit to: SF Personnel
Comm ID: Trainee Wyvernhead

I think restricting ship classes based on rank could be good in the long run. But for the moment it would make our mission harder if not impossible. The only reason I'm upgrading from a fighter to a cruiser is because of the greater firepower resistance that I encounter against our enemies. Usually it's just me or also another guy against for example two mollys where usually at least one commands a cruiser. To match their power I have to upgrade a step and with ship restrictions put in place that limits me such battles would be futile. If it wasn't for our enemies advancement I would still only be flying a Templar. Also I think that "Trainee" sounds so nonmilitary, "Cadet" is more appropriate.

Trainee Wyvernhead out.

End Transmission

SF Message Dump - Firebird - 08-11-2007

Comm ID: Admiral Firebird

Agreed on changing Trainee to Cadet. With regards to more duties for lieutenants, my thinking before was that the distinction between a Captain and a Lieutenant were the execution of additional duties for the faction. But lets stick to working out how we want to tweak things...

Here's a further expansion on the ranks, the ranks up to Commander could be considered training ranks and are designed to be relatively easy to obtain and pass through.

Combat Level

Cadet - Fighters Only (New member to Discovery)
Requirement for Next Rank: Has one SF fighter BAF Guard Friendly and tagged BAF or BAF Guard & 1 PvP encounter report (from the reports looking for some RP and good interactions with others, encounter can be as simple as scanning a bunch of passing traders or a full out battle, outcome of the report (win or loss, etc) would not be important, its the good interactions with others that is key)

Lieutenant - Gunboat and Down (Knows something about the operation of Discovery)
Requirement for Next Rank: Total of 3 or more PvP encounter reports and all SF ships BAF Guard Friendly and BAF or BAF Guard tagged

Lieutenant Commander - Cruiser and Down (Knows something about the operation of Discovery and the SF)
Requirement for Next Rank: Total of 5 or more PvP encounter reports, all SF ships BAF Guard Friendly and BAF or BAF Guard tagged

Commander - Anything (Knows about the operation of Discovery and the SF, highest obtainable "grunt" rank)
Requirement for Next Rank: Desire to become more involved with SF background operations such as recruitment, storage, recommendation of two or more Captain+

Command Level Ranks

Captain - Anything (Involved in the background operations of the SF)
Requirement for Next Rank: Desire to become heavily involved with SF background operations and the well being of the faction, recommendation of two or more Commodore+

Commodore - Anything (Heavy decision and adminstrator for the SF)
Requirement for Next Rank: Desire to run a faction and recommendation of majority of SF members, step-down or vote out of current admiral

Admiral - Anything (Held accountable for SF actions, End Descision Maker)

Any suggestion on requirement additions/changes make them now. I'm also holding out on the opinions from some of the longer term members of the SF. Although I think some of them are on vacation or exams:rolleyes:.

End Transmission

SF Message Dump - will ritson - 08-11-2007

To:Firebird
Comm ID:Lt.Nelson

OOC: got 2 SF BS's wot you want me to do with them ???

Lt.Nelson out

SF Message Dump - uspatriotsf - 08-11-2007

Comm ID: SFF-Wellington
To: All SF Personel

Delayed Battle Report

Last night while patrolling the Newcastle and Leeds systems I encountered the pirate Rogue63. After scanning his hold I noticed several BAF pilots being held captive. I immediately demanded he releases his prisoners, he of course refused. A battle then ensued, he was close to being dispatched when my nuclear mines decided to malfunction on me at the most unoppurtune time, while my shield was down. My ship was unfortunately decapcitated.

Later last evening after some repairs had been done on my ship, I noticed that two UOG ships had wrecked SFI-Tetra while he was patrolling Cambridge. I decided that it was my duty to then enact some Bretonian style revenge, upon approaching them I noticed that they had a bomber and a cruiser. Remembering my oath to defend Bretonia with my life, I engaged them anyway. After a very long battle, much longer than either party expected, I was dispatched and the UOG was unfortunately able to continue their pirating activities in our beloved home.

I look to forward my training from this point and will have reports of better news in the future.

Wellington Out

SF Message Dump - Hyperwave22 - 08-11-2007

Transmit to: All SF Personnel
Comm ID: Commodore Hyperwave

The ship restriction to rank sounds like a good idea, and would work well in both SF eyes, and outsider's eyes. However, it could be more flexible, and more rigid at the same time. I think that it would be beneficial to have designated roles for each battleship. For example, as of right now, the Repulse is in charge of Battlegroup Stormpike. This ship could operate independently of all of the other ships that are under its command. These other ships could be any range of ships from LF to BS. For example, the Repulse operates out of Leeds. However, because Newcastle is also under this jurisdiction, a different BS might operate out of this system. Edinburgh is also under this jurisdiction, but due to the fact that it is used less than Leeds, NL, etc., it may not require a battleship. This could be a destroyer, maybe even a gunboat.

Now, according to the above system, it would mean that any rank could end up with command of a system. This would mean that a rank requirement would need to be placed here. According to the new rank system, the command of a certain system would be placed under a captain (possibly a commander) or higher. This would mean that a lower ranking person could fly a larger ship, but the higher ranking person could still give orders and "pull the strings," so to speak. However, dependent on this system, it would mean that the captains would have either a battleship or cruiser depending on the system under their ship's "control." For example, Newcastle, while large, might not need a battleship due to the minimal usage, but New London, Cambridge, and Leeds would.

(OOC: now i'm out of time; i have to head back up to the mountains until tomorrow [and yesterday]. I might add/edit more when I return.)

=END TRANSMISSION=

SF Message Dump - Othman - 08-11-2007

Comm ID: SFF-Ronny

Roster involved: Will, Kiggles, Adun, Wellington, Ronny and thanks to the SSO| guys for help

Some unpleasant activity was detected in Cambridge today. A pirate cruiser engaged me and SFB-Kiggles. With the help of the rest of lawful ships in the area he was terminated on the spot. We have lost only single fighter during the engagements since he had no chance against 2 capital ships and help arrived a bit late. Yet, good work boys. Keep up the teamwork everytime.
[Image: screen10.gif]
However, after a while we had 2 pirate ships signal in our radars directly heading to planet Cambridge. Despite being destroyed minutes ago, one of the pirates re-engaged our ships. Thus 2 of em were engaged and they could not resist much.
[Image: screen11.gif]
After a short while an order ship was detected near planet cambridge and was immediately destroyed as well. Here are some pictures taken from the instant.
[Image: screen12.gif]
[Image: screen13.gif]

SF Message Dump - Firebird - 08-11-2007

To: Lt.Nelson, SF personnel
Comm ID: Admiral Firebird

Thank you for the continued reports. Its good to see the SF trying to make a difference in Bretonian space.

Quote:OOC: got 2 SF BS's wot you want me to do with them ???

Nothing at the moment, we've not fixed or decided on a final ranking system, and depending on how we decide to do things certain promotions will be done as necessary or ships will have to be placed in dock until certain rank requirements are met. Little patience for the rank system to be finialized and then everyone will know exactly what to do.

And another new recruit announcement, Silver_Valentine has decided to join the SF and will be assisting with the Bretonian Guard. Welcome him into the SF and as customary another round on the admiralty will be available at CRS from Joanne.

Cheers.

End of Transmission

Added: Phalanx declared hostile (Outcasts and matching their rep towards us...noticed their faction post)

SF Message Dump - Rabid_American - 08-12-2007

Transmit To: SF Personnel

Comm ID: Lt. Livingston

There is a smuggler called ~>BlooDThezZ<~ that should be added to the wanted list. I scanned him when he arrived in Cambridge and he was carrying artifacts that I explained were only allowed by RM. I then told him to drop the cargo or be attacked. He didn't listen and went to New London Jumpgate. At that time SFB-Beta5 arrived at the scene and I explained and we then went after him. Beta5 stayed on him and I followed going through New London,Poole,O 50,O 52 and then O5 (this whole time he was using out of RP chatter on system chat) He then docked at Cadiz. When he came out he attacked Beta 5 and Beta 5 quickly responded and took his shield down then he started fleeing again. At this point we lost him and he ended up in stuttgart. Be on the look out for him and please add him to the wanted list.

Cichlid Out

****End Transmission****

Transmit To: SF personnel

Comm ID: Lt. Livingston

I would like to talk about a trader named Unseelie aligned with the GC. As was explained to me they protect the women of Kusari and help care for orphans. I do not know if this is what her branch does. A strange pilot but overall obeys bret space laws as well as despises KNF,Samura and Kishiro. She has been in bretonian space but has not shown hostilities towards the bretonian cvilians nor smuggled anything illegal. I have spoken to this pilot with another SF officer I believe it may have been Lt. Kinda but not certain. If anyone knows of this character and her mission I wish they would share thier knowledge as I do not see this person as a threat when they enter bretonian space.

I was also told by RepEx-ship|001 that they posted a press release talking of the help needed by house factions in keeping their traders protected. I was told to ask the Admiral and Commodore to look into this press release I will post it once it has been found.

Cichlid Out

****End Transmission****

To all military and police forces:
In particular RM, SF, KNF, and SA:

Republican Express Shipping, Inc. would like to make the following disclaimer to all military and police forces in the Sirius Sector. Let me start by saying that we at RepEx appreciate the work that your organizations do to keep space safe for traders. It is dangerous out there but we know that you do your best to keep pirates and smugglers at bay.

Now, we at RepEx understand any suspisions you all may have as to our motives in this industry. Our CEO is an ex-pirate, and a large percentage of our employees are ex-cons and ex-criminals. But, we here at RepEx believe that everyone should be given a second chance. That was how the company was founded and that is how it will continue to be run. All we ask is that you do the same for us as a company.

With that being said, there have been a few failed attempts at our rehabilitation process. Unfortunately some people just do not change. Those bad eggs have been dealt with, and dealt with harshly. We give no leanincy to unlawful actions within our organization. Let me assure you of this.

Anyway, the purpose of this release, RepEx ships will be contacting you on occasion thanking you for your support and protection. They will give you small donations of undisclosed amounts of credits. This is not to be viewed as a bribe. We as a company are doing very well, and do seriously want to do our part in helping you do your jobs effectively. Again this is a donation not an illegal bribe.

In closing, we would again like to thank you for support and protection.

AC
Founder and CEO
Republican Express Shipping, Inc.
Freiburg Station
Stutgart, Rheinland