Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 (/showthread.php?tid=105467)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Veygaar - 10-17-2013

(10-17-2013, 04:51 AM)Black Widow Wrote:
(10-17-2013, 12:57 AM)TLI-Inferno Wrote:
(09-30-2013, 08:30 AM)Curios Wrote:
Make some videos like that one, maybe

We should definitely make videos like this for different factions, except a bit more focused on showing gameplay and roleplay content of the faction in the video, and then showing both the faction emblem and discovery emblem at the end of the video. People who are interested would click to watch other faction's videos which would be put into the same playlist, and they would be able to get an idea of what the different factions, ships, and such in the game are like as well as helping them get an idea of what faction they might want to join when they come play.

I, TLI-Inferno (Also TLI-Inferno on Skype), would like to advertise this game.

You guys should help us promote this Discovery Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DiscoveryGamingCommunity we created, it has already attracted a lot of attention from players old and new!

The page is a great way to advertise the game and funnily enough that Benitez Video has already been posted there.

Also the Facebook Page allows new players to get up to date news about everything that is happening on the server and forums. So they never miss something important whether admin notices, mod updates / other discovery content.

Players also engage with the page like they would the Angels asking questions and they get the answers they need.

So yeh the page needs new people who want to help generate content and post it. Facebook is a great way to advertise it.

Good idea. Is anyone making YouTube videos and attaching Disco links (Forum/FB/ModDB/Places to buy it online?)

Perhaps a "description format" should be made for new videos uploaded to YT to be put in so viewers can easily access other Disco content from the videos?

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Error - 10-17-2013

(10-17-2013, 05:01 AM)Veygaar Wrote:
(10-17-2013, 04:51 AM)Black Widow Wrote:
(10-17-2013, 12:57 AM)TLI-Inferno Wrote:
(09-30-2013, 08:30 AM)Curios Wrote:
Make some videos like that one, maybe

We should definitely make videos like this for different factions, except a bit more focused on showing gameplay and roleplay content of the faction in the video, and then showing both the faction emblem and discovery emblem at the end of the video. People who are interested would click to watch other faction's videos which would be put into the same playlist, and they would be able to get an idea of what the different factions, ships, and such in the game are like as well as helping them get an idea of what faction they might want to join when they come play.

I, TLI-Inferno (Also TLI-Inferno on Skype), would like to advertise this game.

You guys should help us promote this Discovery Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DiscoveryGamingCommunity we created, it has already attracted a lot of attention from players old and new!

The page is a great way to advertise the game and funnily enough that Benitez Video has already been posted there.

Also the Facebook Page allows new players to get up to date news about everything that is happening on the server and forums. So they never miss something important whether admin notices, mod updates / other discovery content.

Players also engage with the page like they would the Angels asking questions and they get the answers they need.

So yeh the page needs new people who want to help generate content and post it. Facebook is a great way to advertise it.

Good idea. Is anyone making YouTube videos and attaching Disco links (Forum/FB/ModDB/Places to buy it online?)

Perhaps a "description format" should be made for new videos uploaded to YT to be put in so viewers can easily access other Disco content from the videos?
That plus a standardized endboard (like what Curios suggested, pretty much) with the Discovery logo plus links to the forums/ModDB/a Discovery landing page sounds like a pretty good idea to me as well.

Do we happen to have any graphical designers who could make one, or possibly even a few different ones? I guess we're potentially looking for something high-res with a cool Discovery/Freelancer-themed background, the Discovery logo and space for a few links (captions) and possibly a faction logo to be shown at the last ten to twenty seconds of Discovery videos. Should be a nice way to clear up any questions viewers may have about which mod this is and how to get it, with the nice bonus of making it all look a bit more professional and organised.

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Coin - 10-17-2013

Bump for Makc_RU

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - sindroms - 10-17-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV1082TIuCM

8|

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Makc_RU - 10-27-2013

Logo sample on current splash screen.

[Image: startupscreen_1280_16.jpg]

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - mayu20 - 10-27-2013

If you ever need a lawyer hit me up. Also, I do have some PH skillz and video editing.

I don't get it. Why would I need a lawyer? What are PH skills? (PH=photoshop) ?

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - mayu20 - 10-27-2013

Yep, also, skillz sounds and look better.

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - glassofwater - 10-27-2013

Well, I'm down to RP with the new people. Show them the ropes and whatnot. So if any new players come around and are unsure who to go to for their first RP anyone can send them my way if they'd like. If they're too busy themselves. Fresh blood is best blood.

New Conquest Startup screen.

[Image: Conquest.jpg]