Discovery Gaming Community
Smugglers and Mooring Rings - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Smugglers and Mooring Rings (/showthread.php?tid=12058)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Smugglers and Mooring Rings - Lux - 10-05-2008

Honestly, if you don't have the time to blow up the smuggler, you won't have time to disrupt the mooring fixture. If we did make them disruptable, we'd give them more than just enough health to take out with one shot. After all, people could easily abuse of this, and so big ships wouldn't be able to dock on certain planets. I'm not saying the idea is all bad, but it's been suggested so many times before that I'm sick of hearing it. To destructable stuff, my answer is and will always be NO, until they fix all the problems that could result from it.

Smugglers and Mooring Rings - waddoff - 10-06-2008

Phew, I haven't read this for a while, lots of replies now.

I notice there are a lot of Smugglers posting their smuggling habits in regard to when they get cause/blown up. Its' nice to see there are other people who react that way while smuggling, but you gotta remember, the majority of smugglers are just powertrading. They know they can't be stopped, so they just ignore you. Cause I ain't caught a smuggler who's co-operated yet (aside from Civis' who don't know about contraband).

Smugglers and Mooring Rings - bearlee89 - 10-06-2008

Smugglers/Powertraders can be stopped.

It's how you do it.

And it's how many people you bring with you to do it.

Usually a bomber, fighter, and gb can stop alot.

As I said, it's all in how you do it.

Smugglers and Mooring Rings - Lupusy - 10-06-2008

how about my idea of a police super tractor beam which can lock ships in place provided it is used within say 2 kms of a base..?

i thought it was a neat idea:Pi dont suppose it is possible (i didnt read back to see any reaction yet.. its 11 pages)

Smugglers and Mooring Rings - Asgardian - 10-07-2008

' Wrote:Honestly, if you don't have the time to blow up the smuggler, you won't have time to disrupt the mooring fixture.

It would take 2 seconds to down the docking ring, whereas trying to take down a trader with up to 100k of shielding whilst in a fighter can take a while...

Smugglers and Mooring Rings - waddoff - 10-10-2008

' Wrote:Smugglers/Powertraders can be stopped.

It's how you do it.
And it's how many people you bring with you to do it.

Usually a bomber, fighter, and gb can stop alot.

As I said, it's all in how you do it.

News flash, LPI don't have bombers. Or Cap ships. We have Liberators. You could probably fly through open space on thruster speed from the Alaska JG carrying Artifacts with a single LPI on your tail the entire way, and still make it to Manhatten alive.

Smugglers and Mooring Rings - selsyn - 10-21-2008

okay, so i think we should *try* to remember the point of this topic. It is not an arguement about what constitutes ooRP smuggling and ooRP police tactics, and it is definitly not about complain that the LPI should be patrolling.

Personally, i almost soley RP as a Liberty Navy member. I enjoy it. The Navy ends up handling police work because th LPI is not around most of the time.

I agree with the OP's idea. I like it. I would love to see it implemented, but not abused. I do not sit idly above Manhattan scanning folks, and when i am in command of the armed forces, i do not let them do this either.

Now, the only time i believe it is acceptable for a lawful to sit above manhattan or any other base is when they are in a large capship. You dont see the Missouri or the Mississippi moving about do you? They sit in one place, otherwise the game mechanics would have them move.

perhaps make a weapon that is specifically designed for this? like the TLD Interface Driver from other mods.

Smugglers and Mooring Rings - jpo - 10-21-2008

Quote:Smugglers/Powertraders can be stopped.

It's how you do it.

pretty much sums up the whole thread. wanting to stop power traders is OORP to begin with. Wanting to stop smugglers without working for it is just as bad.

Yes, I admit, some of you work at it. However I cannot control anybodies RP but my own.

Smugglers and Mooring Rings - waddoff - 10-22-2008

' Wrote:pretty much sums up the whole thread. wanting to stop power traders is OORP to begin with. Wanting to stop smugglers without working for it is just as bad.

Yes, I admit, some of you work at it. However I cannot control anybodies RP but my own.

You're missing the point. It is currently not possible for the LPI to stop a smuggler. And they know it, this is why they ignore you and just speed dock.
'How you do it' has nothing to do with it. You try kill an Adv. Train with a Liberator before you go saying stuff like that. And if you succeed, try again, but this time do it in the 30 seconds it takes a smuggler to fly from the Tradelane to the Mooring Ring.
When you can't do that, try kill a smuggler from going from Manhatten to the Cali JG.
When you can't do that, come back here with some more constructive critisism.

So why don't you make an indie LPI with a Liberator, and try stopping a few smugglers? Then you'll know what its' like. Then you'll have the right to comment on 'how its' done'.

Smugglers and Mooring Rings - Dara_Byrne - 10-23-2008

Could be interesting to see a light-fighter only CD-slot 'tractor-beam' style device that can slow down vessels not in cruise, and force 'em to a stop if you can stay on their tail. If it was restricted to LFs only, it'd give them a nice role in larger battles also.

Might also not be possible given the lack of source code access.