Discovery Gaming Community
House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs (/showthread.php?tid=129217)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - nOmnomnOm - 05-10-2015

I dont believe there is a solution like that. If there is plz let me know.

concerning your loophole. Send the bhg or freelancer to do it. If the military is going outside its boarders isn't that gonna make some alarms? I dunno.

Police i think have to stay in house space. No question asked.

Yea sure is that influence though in a whole system? Yea ok so just because we have earth then we own the whole solar system.

Space is big like i said . What you claim would be a sphere around your house space. What about above? Below?
You are thinking like Sirius is 2D plane.

~note: from my cell

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Hannibal - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 05:04 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: This change was made primarily to help Unlawful/Corporate/Quasi-lawful factions have a bit more breathing room to engage each other, without having to worry about being FR5'd or face other dire consequences from House Governments.

There is obviously going to be some emotion with every change that is made. And with every change, you must give it time to see how things play out and possibly make tweaks here and there, as needed. Rebelling against the system, as was mentioned in some posts here, is not advised.

Not so long ago(a week ago)same peoples were arguing against house influence/laws in those very system that today was reduced .. (wait)

Gotta appreciate the irony ..thank you for listening to them (sun)

threads:
discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=128904
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=126835

Most active ones:
Lythrilux
Pro change(week ago):19 posts
Against change(today):15 posts

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Swifty - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 06:56 PM)HuggieSunrise Wrote: This change is perfectly in line with rp. Considering all the houses affected have been in a state of war for several years. Despite industrial output and stocks of supplies and volunteers. Armies shrink, boundaries of power shrink. Battles are more strategic and planned. Criminals and independent forces rise because of the slipping grasp and attentions of the governments as the inevitable truths of losing a war become more real.

Haha, nice joke but no. It's Police's job to take care of the Core systems of the Houses and Military's job to keep the Borders safe, if you didn't know. How about get educated about it just a little bit more, yes? This change makes no sense and i can bet you and a few more people know *excatly* why this change had been done.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - TheProphet - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 07:16 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: I dont believe there is a solution like that. If there is plz let me know.

concerning your loophole. Send the bhg or freelancer to do it. If the military is going outside its boarders isn't that gonna make some alarms? I dunno.

Yea sure is that influence though in a whole system? Yea ok so just because we have earth then we own the whole solar system.

Space is big like i said . What you claim would be a sphere around your house space. What about above? Below?

You do realize this is Freelancer we're taking about here? Everything is scaled down and on a 2D plane.

I don't suppose New York is actually owned by Liberty then? I mean what, it's only a couple of bases and two planets in a system that's pretty damn huge!

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Thyrzul - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 07:03 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: it makes sence to have a no-mans-land and also it is a good call in terms of gameplay I think...

Whole Omicrons, Sigma-17, Sigma-59, Tau-37, Tau-39, Tau-42, Tau-44, Omega-9, Omega-52, Omega-47, Omega-41, Omega-55, Omega-58, Cayman, Baffin, Coronado, Humboldt, Vespucci, Yukon, Alabama... there were a crapload of systems where house authority does not apply (maybe except for the Taus because of Gallia, but that's a special case anyways), was this not enough? Even if we rule out the home systems, that still leave us a good handful of contested space where no policeman will screw your day in case you want your daily dose of pew.

(05-10-2015, 07:16 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: I dont believe there is a solution like that. If there is plz let me know.

Read back a bit.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Lythrilux - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 07:21 PM)Hannibal Wrote:
(05-10-2015, 05:04 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: This change was made primarily to help Unlawful/Corporate/Quasi-lawful factions have a bit more breathing room to engage each other, without having to worry about being FR5'd or face other dire consequences from House Governments.

There is obviously going to be some emotion with every change that is made. And with every change, you must give it time to see how things play out and possibly make tweaks here and there, as needed. Rebelling against the system, as was mentioned in some posts here, is not advised.

Not so long ago(a week ago)same peoples were arguing against house influence/laws in those very system that today was reduced .. (wait)

Gotta appreciate the irony ..thank you for listening to them (sun)

threads:
discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=128904
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=126835

Most active ones:
Lythrilux
Pro change(week ago):19 posts
Against change(today):15 posts

That is completely different argument/topic and you know it. Garrett even says house governments. Lay off.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - nOmnomnOm - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 07:27 PM)TheProphet Wrote:

You do realize this is Freelancer we're taking about here? Everything is scaled down and on a 2D plane.

I don't suppose New York is actually owned by Liberty then? I mean what, it's only a couple of bases and two planets in a system that's pretty damn huge!

Obviously you dont understand what i ment by spheres. NY is in the center of it.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Vulkhard Muller - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 07:28 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
(05-10-2015, 07:03 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: it makes sence to have a no-mans-land and also it is a good call in terms of gameplay I think...

Omega-52.

Excuse me the SCRA Objects to this the Omega 52 system as well as all bordering systems are under our firm communist control. They are far from Lawless. Anyone who thinks other it can take it up with Kalashnikov Dragunov and Tunguskas

On topic. I like this change. It certainly makes it more fun for House Corps/Quasi-Lawfuls and Unlawfuls to do what they do best that being cause chaos. With out fear of retribution from House Governments.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - TheProphet - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 08:05 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Obviously you dont understand what i ment by spheres. NY is in the center of it.

It is my understanding that a sphere is something along these lines. Sphere

At the center of my arbitrary sphere is New London, and the influence of said sphere covers Omega-3 because of Sprague, lore and other developments that have already been covered in previous posts.

That aside, I want to reiterate what I said. Freelancer presents everything in a 2D plane. It's weird and wrong, but it's all horizontal.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Jack_Henderson - 05-10-2015

Quote: It got consumed by countries ''aka houses'' and turned into civilization and not left to be a lawless place where crimes, drugs, killings and what not thrived.

That's an interpretation some players think is valid.
But who decided that you managed to conquer it? To civilize it? And that you were successful?

Would these systems still look like they do (base locations, etc) -IF- Houses managed?

Answer is: they did not manage.

Bc then FP1 would not be in a O3 central position with Sairs staging from there. Freistadt would not be the central lane station in O7. Dozens of bases would be replaced by (boring) lawful bases, systems would end boring and bland. There are countless systems that would look radically different -IF- Houses really were in control.

What Houses managed is: They -STARTED- to push into the borderworld systems. Examples: O7: a Battleship. O3: a planet colonization project in its early stages.

I think this process should take a bit.
Years, to be precise. Decades irply.
And not: "We are here now. All is clear and orderly and safe. Here, laws. Here, police. Now behave or get shafted big time."

And, another thought:

What happened to colonies after the motherlands lost wars or wasted massive amounts of resources in wars? They all lost their colonies. Looking at Disco Houses, I heavily doubt that despite the understandable appetite for new systems, they can actually pull it off as easily as many seem to think. Controlling a system is a huge thing, time and ressource consuming.

So, yes. Wild West and independence for the "Independent Border Worlds" (excluding perhaps the main lanes, and a few k around the lawful bases - represented by the changed ID however).

Rest: wilderness, lawlessness (like... NY Badlands. Right there, Wild West, in the main capital, a few k off the lanes).

Yes, Houses are trying and their Navies should have some presence there (as there is already rp and the process should be rped actively), but: no laws can be enforced to avoid things like "you shot someone in BW, pay X or there will be consequences Y" to represent that they do not manage to do it yet.

That's what it should be in my opinion.
Middle ground between "total lawlessness" (as in vanilla) and "totally tame and under House control" (as many in here tend to think). A long process in which Houses try and get a foothold, but it's still faaaar out of their control.

Jack