Discovery Gaming Community
Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's (/showthread.php?tid=135010)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - Sylvie557 - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 09:19 PM)RicoValesquez Wrote: Being chased by a hostile craft that is trying to apprehend or kill you and docking at a base a counted as an RP death. Its not counted as "escaping". Why would you send a message to the administrators of a base for a character that is technically killed? This applies to people running and docking on Freeports, Barrier Gate stations, outlaw stations, etc... The reason it is different at Rochester or Beaumont is that it is a Junker base and Liberty thinks the server rules are different in the house space. Server rules are server rules. If you run away and dock on a base you have died inRP.

The docking PvP death is an ooRP rule to prevent some silly situations. They aren't actually considered dead inRP.

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - Laura C. - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 09:19 PM)RicoValesquez Wrote: If you run away and dock on a base you have died inRP.
What are you talking about? So when I once docked during fight, my character died inRP? That is quite a nonsense. You are dead from ooRP point of view by server rules. You are definitely not dead in roleplay environment.

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - Mephistoles - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 09:18 PM)Skorak Wrote: We are on an RP server. Let's ignore RP.

Where do we draw the line between good and bad indies? Who deserve reporting.

It can't be that we only consider official factions.

To be fair, I doubt many of those random, one-off indies care about the RP. You draw the line between those who do and don't deserve reporting by, as I say, ignoring the one-offs and reporting the repeat offenders.

The alternative is overloading the Junker FR5 system through unnecessary overuse. If common sense is exercised in general, then there shouldn't be many problems.

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - Swallow - 01-15-2016

Why don't just official factions settle it down?

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - RicoValesquez - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 09:23 PM)Laura C. Wrote:
Quote:If you run away and dock on a base you have died inRP.
What are you talking about? So when I once docked during fight, my character died inRP? That is quite a nonsense. You are dead from ooRP point of view by server rules. You are definitely not dead in roleplay environment

3.4 Fleeing from combat and then docking at a station or planet while you are in 10k range of the ship you were fighting counts as PvP death. Freighters and transports in this case may return to the system for the sole purpose of trading.

You are arguing semantics. Where does it say whether that is inRP or ooRP. I think you have been on the forums more than you have been in the game. If you are dead in the game you are dead inRP.

Quit trying to change the subject of the post.

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - Swallow - 01-15-2016

PvP death is not iRP death. Docking time penalty here is just a regulation that exists out of RP (iRPly you have just docked).

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - The Savage - 01-15-2016

Rico, don't dig your own grave. They are pointing out that inRP dead would mean their characters DEAD. Dead, not in escape pods. Death rules are ooRP, not existing in roleplay being sort of balance to avoid constant attacking.

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - Jayce - 01-15-2016

Seriously, if being killed in-game is character death, then JT and half of the Congress should be dead IRP. I killed them myself.

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - Sylvie557 - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 09:32 PM)RicoValesquez Wrote:
(01-15-2016, 09:23 PM)Laura C. Wrote:
Quote:If you run away and dock on a base you have died inRP.
What are you talking about? So when I once docked during fight, my character died inRP? That is quite a nonsense. You are dead from ooRP point of view by server rules. You are definitely not dead in roleplay environment

3.4 Fleeing from combat and then docking at a station or planet while you are in 10k range of the ship you were fighting counts as PvP death. Freighters and transports in this case may return to the system for the sole purpose of trading.

You are arguing semantics. Where does it say whether that is inRP or ooRP. I think you have been on the forums more than you have been in the game. If you are dead in the game you are dead inRP.

Quit trying to change the subject of the post.

It doesn't need to say whether or not it is ooRP as it doesn't make sense to be inRP. Also it says in the rule that it is counted as "PvP" death which implies it is just a mechanic to balance PvP. If anything it can be seen as the need for the ship to repaired after docking before it leave again inRP but when it comes down to it is just a rule to prevent constant refueling in PvP. It is similar to the no returning to a system after PvP death or is that character only dead inRP in that particular system for 2 hours? No it is just a balance mechanic.

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - Wildkins - 01-15-2016

Please refrain from off-topic discussion. Thread cleaned of off-topic posts, trolling, harassment, etc.