Discovery Gaming Community
The Rheinland Bomber - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: The Rheinland Bomber (/showthread.php?tid=2148)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

The Rheinland Bomber - Dab - 01-13-2007

' Wrote:Heh, i'll give you a cookie for that one too...

Back on topic, maybe some should have only 1 TORP slot, and 1 CD only slot. those could be more agile, i think kusari would be a good candidate for that. and another could be able to mount 2 mines, like the spatial.

Koolmo, VHFs already have one torp slot. The bomber would be no stronger than a VHF, and easier to hit.

The Rheinland Bomber - Koolmo - 01-13-2007

But it would have the advantage of the extra CD slot, I know many bomber pilots put one there anyways. Ant is an example of that, and a certain talarca can attest to the effectiveness of that config. What about the mines thing?

The Rheinland Bomber - Ant - 01-13-2007

' Wrote:But it would have the advantage of the extra CD slot, I know many bomber pilots put one there anyways. Ant is an example of that, and a certain talarca can attest to the effectiveness of that config. What about the mines thing?
Why not give bombers torpedos and mines instead of energy weapons?

The Rheinland Bomber - pchwang - 01-13-2007

' Wrote:El Gato, the result of your suggestion:
4 - 6 Novas will definitely make it uber, as now it uses about half the energy (maybe less) to fire 2 Novas in a row (72k hull, 36k shield damage), firing 4 Novas in a row would make it devastating (144k hull, 72k shield damage), firing 6 Novas in a row would make it definitely (216k hull, 144k shield damage). If you increase the damage...

Nova speed is 500 now, tracking is non existant.

Hull armor without an upgrade of a Rheinland Battleship is 600k. If you fire 8 salvos into it, it goes boom, not extremely hard for a single bomber to do
It simply won't matter if you take off all the other guns.

Then just get rid of the gun...It was never intended to be used on Small ships or much more, MOVING ships...

I say, Nerf the Nova, give bombers 4 torp slots and 2 mine slots a couple of guns, and thats it. Nerf the bomber's armor too.

Ever see Dauntless Dive bombers during WWII reenactments? It's pure skill that keeps them from getting blown.

Also, make sure that instead of CD/T slots, make bomber slots just T.

The Rheinland Bomber - Dab - 01-14-2007

There is no just T slots I believe. If it has a torp, it has a CD. The opposite CAN be just CD though.

I think any ship having more than 3 torpedo slots is a bad idea. Too much firepower, even without guns. Think; 2 infernos and 2 nova AM cannons. Thats the firepower of most battleships inferno/battlerazor armaments. Thats more than a fighter should have. Don't change one to CD/T and CD, keep it at 2xCD/T. Give them the OPTION of it, not making it a requirement for the ship. Most people, myself included, use dual novas on our bombers. Not CDs as we aren't meant to chase ships, but to drive them away or destroy them. Any bomber with just one torp slot will see little to no usage.

The Rheinland Bomber - pchwang - 01-14-2007

Could we mod the CD/T slot to just T?

Because in my eyes, my idea would totally turn the bomber into a support vessel that requires backup from other fighters.

Also, why are you not considering Nerfing the novas/infernos??

The damage of novas are fine. Its the amount of tizonas and Coladas and other guns the bomber can mount. The Novas only need speed reduction so they aren't so good against fighters.

If making it T only CAN be done, that is a pretty good idea.

The Rheinland Bomber - pchwang - 01-14-2007

How well does the Taiidan bomber handle compared to RH?

The Rheinland Bomber - Koolmo - 01-14-2007

Slightly more manuver, but your flying a cardboard box. and it has no turrets, as compared to 2. i think its better for fighting other fighters, if you had to.

Taiidan has a bit more agility and less firepower and armor. RH Bomber is the heavy hitter of the two, but can't turn quit as well as the Taiidan.