Discovery Gaming Community
The way you are - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: The way you are (/showthread.php?tid=22639)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

The way you are - Spear - 07-02-2009

Ganking comes and go's, it's nice when people make a concious effort to promote fair play, but sometimes it does not work out that way, for me fighting against the odds is also fun as succesfully retreating in the face of odds can be very rewarding.

The only time a gank really annoys me is when a missile boat appears and just spams missiles at the already outnumbered victim. A good player can survive a long time against the odds, throw in a spamming Gunboat and skill means nothing as someone just clicks there mouse at you to death..

Try not to let it bug you to the point you become angry, if superior force is flung at you, withdraw, taunt at the odds needed to force you to leave and be on your merry way. There is nothing disgraceful about falling back, moving to another system and continuing your operations there.

It's a bit disappointing to hear Ench has left the LN, hopefully that will be reconsidered. I think one bad player interaction is being a bit more blown out of proportion than it should be. We will never eliminate ganking all together, kudos to those that try to maintain balance, if the odds are ridiculous and you are being shown no mercy, fall back and in-rp mock the enemy!

The way you are - chovynz - 07-02-2009

' Wrote:It's a bit disappointing to hear Ench has left the LN, hopefully that will be reconsidered. I think one bad player interaction is being a bit more blown out of proportion than it should be. We will never eliminate ganking all together, kudos to those that try to maintain balance, if the odds are ridiculous and you are being shown no mercy, fall back and in-rp mock the enemy!
On the other hand it might be an awesome opportunity for her to go on her Phantom some more and absolutely rip Sirius up.

At least, I think she's got one. I'm not sure.

The way you are - n00bl3t - 07-02-2009

' Wrote:YOUR FUN IS NOT AS IMPORTANT AS SOMEONE ELSE'S FUN

Noted.

' Wrote:On the other hand it might be an awesome opportunity for her to go on her Phantom some more and absolutely rip Sirius up.

At least, I think she's got one. I'm not sure.

On that note, fair-play. (I think this note will stop here, at this point in time.)

I await a thread made with the intention of highlighting an issue without the creator having being involved in the incident which they wish to prevent happening again.

The way you are - Liberty Security Force - 07-02-2009

you already know my opinion since the beginning of time on the subject. I would not hesitate to tell a guy to wander off because he is unbalancing a fight...

Crush or be crushed... it is a question of dosage and justice/equity (ie use when needed only and when you feel doing right). However, not everyone is able to do so and everyone does happen to make mistakes when applying such way of thinking...

But I'd rather succeed 5 times and fail once than not doing anything.

Future's belong to those taking decisions and actions, not those sitting on their back choosing nothing.

You have to choose between two plates, if you choose one, you'll eat but may waste the other plate. If you can't choose any... you won't eat at all and you'll be even hungrier.

This reminds me about a personal story... ahhh ex-gf...

-king

The way you are - Rudo - 07-02-2009

I've been on the receiving end of many ganks and had the misfortune of having my honest even fights turn into swarms against opponents.

Neither is cool. What appalls me about the whole thing is the lack of consideration for the enjoyment of others. This is a community and should be treated as such. Be respectful of fellow players. This goes for old hands who snark on newer players too.

It's not about winning. It's about respect. Show it and keep your head on straight.

As for me, if I see a fight has gone too far toward my side's favor I'll back out and urge others to do the same. Sadly it's often only me that leaves.

The way you are - sean24 - 07-02-2009

Thanks for that Jihad :). Just when I needed it, just lost a fight that I thought id win for sure, I thought, this is it! Im actually going to win a fight!...but I lost. btw nice fighting [Cartel] dude;). But you know what? I dont care if I ever win a proper PVP fight, I usually have a good time. I dont get it though..guess I just suck at PVP.

I think, jihad, about people only wanting to win and not have fun. That can work the other way around to. Like, say you want to have some fun, so you join a large battle that looks fun, but you win as a result of the extra person.

The way you are - ... kur nubÄ—go? - 07-02-2009

I must say, in the huge battles, in the end, with the winning side leaves with much more firewpower then the loosing side is a normal thing. Just accept the thing that you lost. Its natural.

But then you meet a gang of people bloodlusting for the blue messege, and you are the only target that sucks a lot.

But anyway, Im happy to see a lot of fair players. Recently I had encounter with MR in my freelancer char. Thanks, guys, that was a lot of fun:)

The way you are - Blodo - 07-02-2009

Once again.. everybody on this forum will agree that ganking is bad, but then half will go and participate in a gank anyways along with all the people that do not care about nor visit the forums. And then another thread of this type will pop up, ad infinitum.

Bitching about Liberty or the Outcast-Corsair pvpfest won't magically change it for the better, because the sheer fact that it has so many people involved in it makes it a massive spasticfest for people who come here from other servers and have no idea about the unwritten rules such as "fair play" and "no ganking". Note that turning off blue messages won't remedy this, you'd need to switch pvp off altogether or something...

As much as most people posting here would like it though, lets not kid ourselves, this thread won't change the behaviour of the majority of the server. So once again: if you hate what is happening in Liberty, Gamma, Eta, Delta or Alpha... move to Bretonia/Rheinland/Kusari/Omega. Or other areas of space that are underpopulated that you can currently think of. It's a rather simple solution really...

The way you are - Primus Avatar - 07-02-2009

' Wrote:As much as most people posting here would like it though, lets not kid ourselves, this thread won't change the behaviour of the majority of the server. So once again: if you hate what is happening in Liberty, Gamma, Eta, Delta or Alpha... move to Bretonia/Rheinland/Kusari/Omega. Or other areas of space that are underpopulated that you can currently think of. It's a rather simple solution really...

/signed.

Some people like their in-game time to be challenging, and they consider ganking as a logical factor that everyone seems fine with (until they lose). If you can't take the heat, go play somewhere else.

As Blodo stated there are many underpopulated areas, so if you prefer "sandbox-gameplay" or "easy-mode" simply don't participate in cold-blooded conflicts.:)

The way you are - Jihadjoe - 07-02-2009

Adrian (bluntpencil) and anyone else who has used similar arguements... You know exactly what I'm trying to say, but you're choosing to kinda ignore it. Acting in a way that leaves other people angry isn't alright. You need to take more responsibility than that. It's absolutely no use saying "well I find it fun so STFU and stop whining" because your opinion is only one of many.

Just because you enjoy something doesn't mean that everyone else does. You need to consider the way they want to play the game as being more important to your actions than the way you play it.