Discovery Gaming Community
System Ideas - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: System Ideas (/showthread.php?tid=2452)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

System Ideas - Qunitinius~Verginix - 02-26-2007

Can you post some screenshots? As well, I ahven't told you some of the other stuff and what the bases will sell and etc.

Remeber, we want the people in the bars to say different things, so we might have to wait a bit.

Verginix Out

System Ideas - endlessvoid - 02-26-2007

I would like to see some systems with high level bounty missions. For example, a Liberty system between the Liberty Navy and the Lane Hacker guard systems. Missions pays 200k-500k+, and the Criminals and Corporations are Liberty Navy (with a base, nearby the Liberty Navy jump hole) and Lane Hackers (with a base, nearby the Lane Hacker Jump Hole), extra corporations would be nice. (Kinda like Omega-5, but it doesn't necesarely needs to be such a war zone); Since the only places i've seen such high level missions are around the Sigma systems. Also for Liberty Police and Xenos or/and Liberty Rogues, Bretonia Navy or/and Police and Mollys or/and Gaians, Kusari Navy or/and Police and Blood Dragons or/and GC's or/and Hogosha or/and Alliance, etc... (Why? Because getting high level bounties means joining other factions than the starting ones.)

Also, it would be nice to see those guard systems with their own faction-owned trade lanes, for quick transit between systems, maybe for the advantage of being friendly with that faction. Just an idea.:)

System Ideas - endlessvoid - 02-27-2007

Sorry for the double post,

I've made a couple of sketches of some systems ideas, I just let my imagination flew around for a few minutes :laugh:

[Image: example1ht0.png]

This is a system located between Liberty Navy Guard and Lane Hacker Guard, based on my idea I told before, heavelly guarded, high bounty pay systems (200k-500k+) only accessible thru Guard Systems jump holes. What I thought was a restricted Liberty system, with an habitable planet used by the Liberty Navy to train their soldiers. However, the Liberty Navy has been suffering constant attacks from the Lane Hackers, althought they haven't located their base of operations. I thought about making a mineable asteroid field containing high density valuables, (very risky since its a very aggressive system), just for the sake of fun:)

[Image: example4ow5.png]

This other one is just to fill the dead-end empty system (Yukon, I think that the name is?) thats links to the Liberty Rogues Guard System, this time with a Xeno base and a Jump Hole to the Xeno Guard System, and a Liberty Navy research station. Pink star is the other Liberty System Jump GATE. Yeah it's pretty empty, but that was for some planning on for the fourth system. Check below.

[Image: example3lx8.png]

This other one, however, is based on the first one, a system only accessible thru Guard System Jump Holes (same thought as the first sketch), however, the system has 3 factions on it: Bundschuch, GMG and Rheinland Military, based on some weird plot my imagination made about a system in the border of the crow nebula disputed by the GMG and the RM, with a planet taken over by the GMG during the 80-yo war.

[Image: example2dn1.png]

The last one, it's about a system with an habitable planet that has high resemblance to Malta. The Liberty Rogues occupied it first, and began growing Cardamine on it, but then it was attacked by Xenos. The planet was later abandoned due to the constant attacks from Xenos, but it still haves the Cardamine crops, making it a highly disputed system between the two factions (*Xenos can't allow the Rogues gain such powerful resource). Again, here's the idea of high level bounty missions between guard systems.

:wacko:Commodore, tell me what do you think about my ideas!:)

*EDIT: Yeah Xenos don't deal with anyone. Nightfall's right, the factions should be changed, maybe to something like Hogosha vs Xenos?

System Ideas - Nightfall - 02-27-2007

Umm... Endlessvoid... I don't know how to say... What were the Xenos descriptions saying in the game? Anyway, I think they would be trampled down by the Rogues allies (Outcasts and Lane Hackers)... mind the story I mean.

Anyway, that said, I think they are good ideas, need working on but yes, good ideas.

System Ideas - Dab - 02-27-2007

Hardest part about making those ideas reality would be the battleships. Lane Hackers have one, but there is as-of-yet no file that allows it to be a base. Working on that..

Also, GMG do not have a battleship, so I don't know what kind of battleship they would use. Perhaps a salvaged BS from Sigma-13 that they put together.

Also, we cannot add jump holes to the systems. It has a high chance of making crashes, so Igiss would need to do it manually on his own comp, instead of importing from someone over internet and risking a game-crashing messup.

System Ideas - Nightfall - 02-27-2007

Well Dab, the dockable battleships are not a big problem, the idea is to make a definition in the ini files, give it a loadout in the inis and adding the needed hardpoints in the .cmp. The rest is like any base out there.

As for the GMG using salvaged Rheinland BS as bases... I do have a wreck of a Rh BS in Omicron-85 that uses the model of the split-in-half one in Sigma-13 that was supposedly stolen from Rh Military (or at least the infocard says so:P) of course, to keep the story believable to an extent, not too many of those, please:)

System Ideas - Dab - 02-27-2007

Yes I understand the base-making part.. Thanks for that hardpoint editor btw, but how do I make those dockable BSs into flying patrols?..

System Ideas - endlessvoid - 02-27-2007

' Wrote:Also, GMG do not have a battleship, so I don't know what kind of battleship they would use.

Makes you wonder how the GMG won a war against Rheinland when their most powerful ship are Eagles...:huh:
Sorry, I don't know much the plot on that war, but, guessing by all those wrecks in the Sigma system it must be some scary huge swarms of Eagles to be able to tear down the entire invading Rheinland armada (according to wikipedia, it was reduced to a single Battleship)

EDIT: Sorry, just found this link that explains pretty much: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=2954&st=10

The idea of a base made from Rheinland BS's nice Nightfall:)

System Ideas - Nightfall - 02-28-2007

Base = Dab's idea

Wrecked Rh BS in O-85= Nightfall's idea

:)

System Ideas - Qunitinius~Verginix - 02-28-2007

Yea, Wikipedia Does say that. It also mentions that we won the mod of the year award! Wown, discovery is gathering steam!

Verginix Out