Discovery Gaming Community
Nomad healing - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Nomad healing (/showthread.php?tid=36846)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Nomad healing - Tenacity - 03-22-2010

' Wrote:PanGal should regenerate health when given fancy cocktails and hot towels.

But srsly. Why not rephax morphs neutral to Nomad NPCs? It would make sense in RP, give them extra places to resupply and also prevent them from dying to their own kind in Omicron.

this has been considered, problem is it would currently allow that morph to buy any nomad guns, equipment, or ships he could afford on nomad bases.

Nomad healing - Vergil - 03-22-2010

' Wrote:this has been considered, problem is it would currently allow that morph to buy any nomad guns, equipment, or ships he could afford on nomad bases.

Uh, ID restrictions?

Nomad healing - Blighter - 03-22-2010

' Wrote:And in 1 hour firing at the turbosquid they manage to take 2 bots by a random lucky shot :lol:

I lol'd.

I was with a buddy in O-58 or whatever with Turbosquids around not too long ago.

We were like: "Nano by Nano? XD"

Nomad healing - Shryke - 03-22-2010

Tenacity, I partially misread your post. Radiation damage immunity in your own systems would be fine. Other fields? No, not so fine.

Quote:(and you know best that nomads are in rp far far away in ships as humans.... so you will scream that nomad light fighter is faster as human light fighters??? why you dont scream about that nomads are missing shield buster... that nomad bomber is much weaker as rheinland bomber,,, that nomad assasin is weaker that half human ships?.... hm? when scream about advantage, scream also about disadvantage...)

It's not a disadvantage to be on a level playing field with anyone else. It's called balance.

Nomad healing - Tenacity - 03-22-2010

' Wrote:Tenacity, I partially misread your post. Radiation damage immunity in your own systems would be fine. Other fields? No, not so fine.

Pray tell, what's the difference between radiation from one star and radiation from another? There is no difference, nomads -feed- on radiation, it's what we sustain ourselves on, it doesnt make any sense that it harms us.

Quote:It's not a disadvantage to be on a level playing field with anyone else. It's called balance.

I hardly call being outnumbered 3-1 anytime we leave iota a "level playing field".

Nomad healing - Shryke - 03-22-2010

' Wrote:Pray tell, what's the difference between radiation from one star and radiation from another? There is no difference, nomads -feed- on radiation, it's what we sustain ourselves on, it doesnt make any sense that it harms us.

The difference is you can drag a fight into a radiation field and have that slowly eat away at the other player's hull. You could practically take over Omega 41 and not have to fire a single shot

Quote:I hardly call being outnumbered 3-1 anytime we leave iota a "level playing field".

That's not a Nomad-only problem. And definitely not a good reason to give you more gameplay advantages.

Nomad healing - Dusty Lens - 03-22-2010

I discussed this idea with a guy I met on the bus and he figured it sounded like a good idea. I just wanted to let you know that you've got his vote.

Personally I think that it's silly to argue that you shouldn't take radiation damage because of the radiation in your system when you modded the radiation into your system and also because you're outnumbered sometimes which is bad news bear.

In short: Any change which allows for silly tactics like turbosquids squatting on their rears in 41 ***LULZ***ing at the enemy whilst dodging sounds about as good to me as turbosquids sitting inside the deathzones of stars ***LULZ***ing at the enemy.

Which is no good at all.

No sir. Not at all.

Also I think that nomads should have to apologize everytime they drop a mine.

It's rude.