Discovery Gaming Community
Random Bounty! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Random Bounty! (/showthread.php?tid=559)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Random Bounty! - Dab - 01-31-2006

Met2085,Jan 31 2006, 04:53 PM Wrote:Looks at Dab  :rolleyes:  :P
[snapback]11464[/snapback]
:unsure:

Random Bounty! - Virus - 01-31-2006

This is a problem I've seen before I think, but not exactly the same.

Previously, the best six FL fighters on the face of the earth started a clan. Stole Omicron Gamma from another clan. Started taxing, everyone got pissed because IT IS THE MOST POPULAR SYSTEM next to New York for newer players.

Maybe Omicron Gamma should just be unclaimable. I mean, it would solve a lot of problems, but then again, it may REALLY piss off Dab that he is losing control of the most popular system in the game.

Random Bounty! - Virus - 01-31-2006

Dab,Jan 31 2006, 04:00 PM Wrote:The thing you forget is that you are part of phantoms when you were in Gamma. I don't care if you are a pirate with a pirate NPC tag if you are part of a faction that is hostile to us. I have every right to attack you and any other phantoms if they enter Gamma. Right now the only freelancers I don't want in our territory (or zone of control if you want to call it that) is Damned and Sauron. I probably won't attack Sauron though because he hasn't done, or rather I havent caught him, doing anything against AW. Now Damned on the other hand... Also if you are wearing a phantom tag expect to be attacked if you enter Omicrons or Sigmas. You are part of a faction that is hostile to another one. Don't expect for them to just say "oh go ahead enter our systems" they ARE going to attack you. when we fought the SDF did you see us let THEM in Tau-37? No we attacked them just as we attack Phantom now. You want to go RP a pirate in Gamma make a pirate without a PC tag on it.
[snapback]11465[/snapback]

Dab, I think YOU are the only one doing that. I've never seen anyone try to kill me from the AW unless you had ORDERED them to do so.

I don't restrict Gamma from anybody especially new players!!! Even hostile people aren't restricted but will be shot at if they enter.

Random Bounty! - marauder - 01-31-2006

Dab,Jan 31 2006, 10:00 PM Wrote:The thing you forget is that you are part of phantoms when you were in Gamma. I don't care if you are a pirate with a pirate NPC tag if you are part of a faction that is hostile to us. I have every right to attack you and any other phantoms if they enter Gamma. Right now the only freelancers I don't want in our territory (or zone of control if you want to call it that) is Damned and Sauron. I probably won't attack Sauron though because he hasn't done, or rather I havent caught him, doing anything against AW. Now Damned on the other hand... Also if you are wearing a phantom tag expect to be attacked if you enter Omicrons or Sigmas. You are part of a faction that is hostile to another one. Don't expect for them to just say "oh go ahead enter our systems" they ARE going to attack you. when we fought the SDF did you see us let THEM in Tau-37? No we attacked them just as we attack Phantom now. You want to go RP a pirate in Gamma make a pirate without a PC tag on it.
[snapback]11465[/snapback]

Okay, fine then perhaps we'd better ask the SF and the TG and the RM players why most of them DON'T chase Phantoms all over the place.

It might be because we don't do anything to them in their 'influence Zone' and they don't do anything to us.

You on the other hand will find and use any excuse to attack and harrass Pirates/Phantoms regardless of what they are doing.

You attacked The_Damned while he was helping another player with a transfer, you tried to attack me and micro while we were doing missions in Gamma (you never shot at us because you couldn't find us at the time).

You seem to be the only one on the server who can't let pirates do anything without either finding fault or complaining about it.

Stop trying to setup a blockade of the Omicrons and let anybody into them and people won't have to be banned from systems ever again.

I'm sorry for the double post

Dab,Jan 31 2006, 10:11 PM Wrote:I don't restrict Gamma from anybody especially new players!!! Even hostile people aren't restricted but will be shot at if they enter.
[snapback]11472[/snapback]

You are though!

Attacking people you deem 'hostile' is restricting access.

Random Bounty! - Kane - 01-31-2006

Ok, can I make one point here?

THE ZONERS OWN ONLY ONE SYSTEM! The only possible exception to that would be Tau 37, and that's because there are only TWO bases in that system! One for the Zoners, one for the IMG. You are takeing this "sytem ownership" thing a little far. The Zoners, with whom you are based off of per your own words, have NO BASES in Gamma or Alpha.

Here's a concept for you Dab; Stick to sytems that you have bases in. The Zoners have absolutly no presence in Gamma or Alpha. Not even traders or patrols. Gamma is a corsair system with two bases, both of them for the Corsairs. I don't remember seeing any Zoner bases in that system, so i'm fairly certain that the Zoners don't go there often if at all.

Maybe the 'Zone of of influence' for player factions should be altered to only being about 500m around bases/planets of the NPC faction that it is linked to.

That way there's no systems owned by any player faction at all. Maybe it would stop this argument as to when, where and to whom player factions can block access to systems.

It's either that or declare all Home systems Unclaimable, this would be New Berlin, New Tokyo, New London, Omicron Alpha and Omicron Gamma. Which would add another 5 systems to the unclaimable list, just so pirates can make money.

We have already had a thread about removing system owning and we have already decided the solution don't try bringing it up again because you didn't get your way.

Igiss,Jan 17 2006, 03:26 AM Wrote:Therefore, we need to agree on what NPC factions have similar reputation and alignment to custom factions. A faction might exist without alignment at all, but then it won't be able to have a home system or control any systems.
[snapback]10221[/snapback]

Notice the word similar? It doesn't mean we have to be the exact same. We had to pick the faction that most resembled our faction.

It was this, Corsairs, or Outcasts. Even Igiss said Zoners would be the best choice.

Random Bounty! - Virus - 02-01-2006

You don't act ANYTHING like a Zoner, Dab. A zoner does NOT kick people out of "their" systems. They don't mind if the BHG and the Corsairs fight RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR BASES. Until they are hit, they don't care. You are the EXACT opposite of that.