Discovery Gaming Community
Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing (/showthread.php?tid=70170)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - darkxy - 12-17-2011

screw this nerf. i dont blame the dev team for doing things as such, nor the admins for allowing it, but the fact that they dont play and think that these changes will somewhat help us ingame pisses me off 'coz they rly wont. look at mining for example. after it got nerfed, for no good reason, server population has reduced by 60% and all these other stupid rule changes that were and are unnecessary. made more and more vet. people on leave. there's nobody to enjoy playing with atm, only newbies with capspam ruining the fun.

for god sake

long live hoodlum and athenian

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - Vrabcek - 12-17-2011

' Wrote:EDIT: You do realize that tech and the possibilites to use XYZ tech are what makes factions attractive to an extent, right? Merely compare the number of existing LWB ID or Bundschuh ID players to the number of existing Red Hessian ID players. You will notice a huge difference with the latter ID having the highest amount of players. Why?

Hessians get: Lokis, Odins, Thors, Heimdalls, Vidars, Natterturns, GB shooters, Cruiser shooters, Dresden and the Omegas with their mining areas as their main ZoI.
LWB get: Destroyers, Stuttgart + Rheinland and to a lesser extent surrounding systems as their main Zoi.
Bundschuh get: Lugers, Frankfurt + Rheinland and to a lesser extent surrounding systems as their main Zoi.

That is actually a major part of the reason. It helps that Hessians can drive Cruisers and Gunboats around, and even Battleships come .86, while the other two can't and don't even have ONE single shiptype to call their own, much less a whole shipline.

Sad but true. I was Q.Qing so long about this situation, hoping at least for the storyline buff of the LWB and Bundschuh. But nothing really happened.

From my two years experience as a bundschuh I have used the faction guns only about one month and changed them to any other guns what were available for the official faction becouse the pvp disadvantage against the hornviper wraith was way too much.

Why should anyone join the bundschuh now when they could simply join the Hessians who have better option of choosing faction ships and weapons(what are more effective by less fighting skilled player than the bundschuh ones). Futhermore the Hessian RP slowly became the political ( bundschuh ) one, so that brought the bundschuh in even worse situation...

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - Ed Von Nya - 12-17-2011

' Wrote:It will be refreshing in galaxy of special people.

Indeed, can't wait to see :)

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - NixOlympica - 12-17-2011

What was said? If you all want to RP just mediocre people, why the hell even bother with RPing? Most of us are mediocre people in real that are coming here to roleplay something they can't be in normal life. It's bloody human nature to try having the best tools they can have.

Nah really, I just became double happy that I pre-ordered TOR.

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - McNeo - 12-17-2011

' Wrote:What was said? If you all want to RP just mediocre people, why the hell even bother with RPing? Most of us are mediocre people in real that are coming here to roleplay something they can't be in normal life. It's bloody human nature to try having the best tools they can have.

Nah really, I just became double happy that I pre-ordered TOR.

Then lets just get rid of the tech chart, and all tech rules, and see how well people (you, me, everybody) RP then?

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - NixOlympica - 12-17-2011

' Wrote:Then lets just get rid of the tech chart, and all tech rules, and see how well people (you, me, everybody) RP then?

I was playing here before tech-chart even existed and it bloody worked. I agree that tech-chart should exist for those really basic rules like no OC gunboat with Corsair weapons et cetera but that's about it.

Trying to make everyone equal makes everyone equally poor. Trust me, I live in a post-communist country.

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - Stefz - 12-17-2011

' Wrote:screw this nerf. i dont blame the dev team for doing things as such, nor the admins for allowing it, but the fact that they dont play and think that these changes will somewhat help us ingame pisses me off 'coz they rly wont. look at mining for example. after it got nerfed, for no good reason, server population has reduced by 60% and all these other stupid rule changes that were and are unnecessary. made more and more vet. people on leave. there's nobody to enjoy playing with atm, only newbies with capspam ruining the fun.
for god sake
long live hoodlum and athenian
Totally agreed with Darkxy on that one.

You have to actually be in-game first to know what would help people and what won't. Everyone's getting tech from others to have better combat loadout. Why would I, for example, request a Barghest from Mollys with my 101st if I knew I would get a nerf?

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - McNeo - 12-17-2011

The discussion about living in a communist country making any difference or not is a separate one, but I would say that the occupy protests in non-communist countries show your conclusion to be misleading.

That said, I was playing here before the tech chart too, if you remember. The reason it worked is because there weren't that many people. This was because the people who wanted to were part of a tighter community, like you'd find in a village. Now we live in a city.

@Stefz: That's exactly what this kind of tech chart is meant to do. Stop you from requesting things for their PvP advantage.

Unless of course, you like seeing Corsairs in Black Dragons...

' Wrote:The discussion about living in a communist country making any difference or not is a separate one, but I would say that the occupy protests in non-communist countries show your conclusion to be misleading.

That said, I was playing here before the tech chart too, if you remember. The reason it worked is because there weren't that many people. This was because the people who wanted to were part of a tighter community, like you'd find in a village. Now we live in a city.

@Stefz: That's exactly what this kind of tech chart is meant to do. Stop you from requesting things for their PvP advantage.

Well if it was about PvP advantage I should be jumping here with joy, considering how much I bloody suck at it.

We have barely about 150 people righto on server in peak times (Yes I know after 4.86 it will prolly go higher but still) and the amount of players in Disco community is much about the same.

People who were having a ****ed up tech combinations were here, are here and will be here. I don't really know what are we gonna do next? Force people good at PvP to cut their fingers so they don't have advantage?

PS: Occupy wall street is something much different. It's conclusion of financial crysis and the top 1% moving with the financial situation. But they still don't have to stand in front of fruit store 1 hour line for a banana. Nor having their kids not being able to go to school because you said something anti-regime. But let's not get political.

Edit no 2: I don't mind seeing Corsairs in Black Dragons considering BDS had tech permission for Imperators back. Corsairs and Dragons have mutual and strong ties to each other. Corsairs needed a faster fighter, Dragons needed something heavier. I find that pretty okay.

Techmix-nerf and factions which are unique in RELYING on techmixing - jammi - 12-17-2011

' Wrote:It doesn't matter. What you said is they are canonically non-existent. The Bundschuh haven't changed anything outside of Rheinland. They haven't even changed anything INSIDE of Rheinland. They're sure as [redacted] hell there, aren't they?
The Bundschuh have bases outside their guard system and have been developed by Discovery (Clopenburg base? I dunno. You should know more than me about that one, Kairen), so I'm really not sure what your point is there.
' Wrote:Then show me changes of other factions? As I can see only Galia makeing changes in Sirius, in Bretonia and Kusari more exactly. How could HF or SCRA make a change? We do those changes inRP.
No, those closest factions don't exist in the storyline. Read all of the .86 development documents, and you'll find no trace of them. More tellingly, you'll find no canonical trace of them outside their respective faction playpens.

There was an argument on the dev forum a while back (aimed at the CR, I believe) which stated that so long as a faction leader wanted to dictate their own storyline and diplomacy, they would never have a bearing on the mod's lore and storyline.

Basically, if you want to influence things like a real NPC faction, you have to become a real NPC faction and sacrifice some freedoms, i.e. the ability to determine the direction your faction travels in. Your personal story-arc would be decided by Igiss and the devs, the same as every other group.

Also, I'm basically in agreement with McNeo here. Tech chart was implemented because of a population boom, and this is being implemented now because the tech chart is too unwieldy to work properly. It was a stop-gap solution at best, and conceptually, the idea that something should replace it has been kicking around for yonks.