Discovery Gaming Community
Xoria for server administrator - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Xoria for server administrator (/showthread.php?tid=8664)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Xoria for server administrator - sovereign - 05-21-2008

' Wrote:Seeeeeerve the Hiiiiiiiiiiiiive...for the swaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarm...

Your will, Cerebrate?

Okay, people, break it up. Tony is one to talk about elitism, and yeah, it's there, no doubt, but I don't think you can justify shooting somebody down because of an extraneity. Xoria is one of only a few people who has published a guide or guides really and truly designed for new players, and has created one of very, very few factions where a newbie fresh off the boat can learn the ropes (read, the Hackers). Yes, he happens to have a lot of friends among the Old Guard. So what? He's already proven he has the will and the way to do this since the first day he got here, and he has done little to demonstrate anything but a fair and balanced mind, despite his friendships and associations, which I construe aren't nearly as evil and horrible as certain posters seem to believe they are... It's time credit is given where credit is due.

This sums up my impressions here too. Although the whole he's the antichrist thing is now endorsed by both Igiss and Korrd, so we're doomed. It will be an awesome, fair, and balanced kind of doom, but it is doom nonetheless.

Xoria for server administrator - Virus - 05-21-2008

' Wrote:as i have left this server i still think it should be known my point of view.

i voted No as he has been hand picked on friendship value to other Admins rather than how good he will be.

this is and i am sad to say another case of the inner circle of friends helping in the Old boy network getting buddies into top jobs.

doing this will only destroy discovery not make it better.

cheers

Now, Tony... No offense, but if that were true, I'd have been elected admin years ago (literally, I've been on this server two and half years). Most of my contact with the people on this server is actually the admins, LH, RM, and their enemies... Kane, Caylith, Hoodlum... They're usually just people.

Now, I've known Xoria for a while. I even would like to say I helped co-found the Lane Hackers before taking a short break from the game (not forums) to resettle my life, and help my friend out of a crisis.

Xoria, when I've talked to him or read what he has had to say on the forums, has been one of the most understanding individuals I have ever had the pleasure of communicating with. He's very good at communication--both ways. I think that his leadership in the LH is, if anything, a sign of his leadership capabilities. Better than myself, I bet.

Xoria for server administrator - ParanoidAndroid - 05-21-2008

I assume that the most part of the criticism has probably came from the people who as I supppose have never had a chance even to spoke a word to him. Also I've noticed many votes saying 'NO' while being justified with words 'i barely know him' or 'i even don't know him' so for the love of god how can you put forward any opinion about him? that makes simply no sense to me, but whatever.

I can only confirm Virus's words. His way of leading the LH says me enough of his capabilities to become an admin.

Xoria for server administrator - tfmachad - 05-21-2008

' Wrote:I assume that the most part of the criticism has probably came from the people who as I supppose have never had a chance even to spoke a word to him. Also I've noticed many votes saying 'NO' while being justified with words 'i barely know him' or 'i even don't know him' so for the love of god how can you put forward any opinion about him? that makes simply no sense to me, but whatever.

I can only confirm Virus's words. His way of leading the LH says me enough of his capabilities to become an admin.
I do believe people have mentioned that as "I do not know him in person" or "I've never really spoken to the guy". As for knowing him while active member of the community I believe everyone who's voted either way "knows" him.

Xoria for server administrator - ParanoidAndroid - 05-21-2008

I do bealive that emphasizing quotation marks from the word 'knows' would be in its right place. No more additions from this side of globe.

Xoria for server administrator - Jwnantze - 05-21-2008

I have known him since he started LH and have to say he is an excelent guy, with excelent leadership skills and standards. He will not deviate from the right thing to do whether or not the 'good ol' boys' say so or not. Tony, I think you judged him wrong on that mate. And I really don't think you should vote as you don't play anymore. Xoria is good guy. Furthermore, I would rather he stayed the full-time leader of LH rather than be admin, but that is up to him.

Xoria for server administrator - tfmachad - 05-21-2008

' Wrote:I do bealive that emphasizing quotation marks from the word 'knows' would be in its right place. No more additions from this side of globe.
Then wouldn't you consider it is rather pointless to ask the opinion of a bunch of people who just "know" him, and not really know him?

Please, do not go about disqualifying other people's opinions you do not to share because you happen to have a vantage point understanding of things that not everyone else is able to access. If you have something you think it's worthwhile to share from that perspective do so, but, please, don't go about patronizing others.

By the way, I have no strong objections as to Xoria becoming an admin. To my understanding it is much more important for the admin team to be able to communicate and come to terms with dealing with each other than it is for us to "like" them or not. If this poll has came to terms, it is not a random thing, but it is because the Igiss, Majkp and the admins all wanted him to be nominated. I picture this as a cordial invitation to have a say, but I think we should also respect that organization. In the end of the day, we can always go some place else, they are the ones who'll have to "live" with each other while they're onto dealing with Disco.

Xoria for server administrator - CCI45-px/Probe149 - 05-21-2008

After i see what Xoria is already doing here on the Forums, i voted *yes* for him/her.

Xoria for server administrator - sovereign - 05-21-2008

Xoria's a him, FYI.

Xoria for server administrator - Niezck - 05-21-2008

I know Xoria, i've spoken to Xoria, i've done deals and made agreements with Xoria, i've RPed with Xoria. Yet i still believe that somehow it's just not right. I can't put my finger on exactly why but to me it just feels wrong.