Discovery Gaming Community
The Pirate ID - New Changes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Pirate ID - New Changes (/showthread.php?tid=124513)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Fluffyball - 01-10-2015

And we come to the point where Freelancer ID offers more opoortunities than a Pirate ID, which was already nerfed as hell, rephacked as hell and so on.

I will pick up Junker ID and set Freelancer IFF on the ship. But if anyone will be frowning about that Kusari character uses Junker ID, I will point him to this very topic, even though this is very ooRP choice just to be able to continue roleplay.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Danny-boy - 01-10-2015

(01-10-2015, 02:13 PM)Haste Wrote:
(01-10-2015, 01:20 PM)Danny-boy Wrote: I fail to see how pirating a House's Police force/Navy (henceforth 'House forces') is an OORP thing to do.

It's not every day that I read about Somali pirates pirating a US navy aircraft carrier in their speedboats.

Think about it that way.

Because a lone patrol = US navy aircraft carrier and the biggest ship a pirate can get their hands on is a speedboat? Your analogy sucks.

(01-10-2015, 02:35 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: If you apparently have months of good RP with your character then make an SRP request for it and grab a SpecOps ID.

I am not sure how good this guys RP is but that isn't the point I am making here. Why should we need to SRP to be able to do the most basic of things on the server like pirating people that are not in a trading ship? What next, will I need to complete an SRP to trade because some people once killed on their trader return to the system multiple times when they shouldn't?

Don't be ridiculous. Those that are breaking the rules should be punished, not everyone else.

(01-10-2015, 02:44 PM)Shinju Wrote: Punish 3/4 of Discovery population.

Wow, that totally isn't over exaggerated...
Besides, if this was the proportion of people on the server breaking the rules constantly for the sake of it then this change doesn't really make much of a difference except to those 25% that follow the rules as everyone else would ignore this and continue to do the same thing because they do not care about following the rules.

(01-10-2015, 02:52 PM)Shinju Wrote: I just pointed out like 90% of Pirate ID'ed ships follows "2M or dai" ... You can rarely see a Pirate who cares for RP. Otherwise there's nothing to pirate, since PREMIUM SCRAP is the best way how to make money and Junkers/Zoners.

Then forward a sanction request about the pirates that go "2mordai", since when was this an acceptable level of RP? These people should yes be punished, but why on earth would you punish everyone else using the ID that isn't doing that? It makes zero sense whatsoever.
I feel like a broken record here but I'll say it anyway (maybe if you say something enough times people will start listening): punish those that break the rules, there is no need to nerf the ID for everyone else that isn't breaking the rules/abusing the ID.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - t0l - 01-10-2015

(01-10-2015, 05:48 PM)Danny-boy Wrote:
(01-10-2015, 01:20 PM)Danny-boy Wrote: I fail to see how pirating a House's Police force/Navy (henceforth 'House forces') is an OORP thing to do.

It's not every day that I read about Somali pirates pirating a US navy aircraft carrier in their speedboats.

Think about it that way.

Because a lone patrol = US navy aircraft carrier and the biggest ship a pirate can get their hands on is a speedboat? Your analogy sucks.

I don't see any Somalis running around with destroyers, do you?

(01-10-2015, 05:52 PM)Tal Wrote:

Think about it that way.

No, nor do I see a gigantic number of aircraft carriers. Shall we use a more toned down analogy eh? Think of a lone patrol as a single police car or a pair of officers on the beat, now these are hardly indestructible forces are they?

When we are done with the silly analogies how about we move back to disco (which is not the real world) and realise that there is no reason a band of pirates could not pirate a lone patrol (not the entirety of Liberty) that has moved away from the main fleet/central planet/whatever and won't be able to receive backup for at least 10 mins or so.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Pancakes - 01-10-2015

Think about it that way.

The cartels in Mexico have tanks. That's what you should compare organized factions to. Pirate ID'ed characters can be compared to bank robbers.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Sath - 01-10-2015

(01-10-2015, 06:05 PM)Danny-boy Wrote:

Think about it that way.

No, nor do I see a gigantic number of aircraft carriers. Shall we use a more toned down analogy eh? Think of a lone patrol as a single police car or a pair of officers on the beat, now these are hardly indestructible forces are they?

When we are done with the silly analogies how about we move back to disco (which is not the real world) and realise that there is no reason a band of pirates could not pirate a lone patrol (not the entirety of Liberty) that has moved away from the main fleet/central planet/whatever and won't be able to receive backup for at least 10 mins or so.

Pirates don't have the tech to do jack. Their tech is as bad as their intent to go and pirate a navy officer with "not so surprisingly" better tech than him. Pirates pirate for a living, and do so, with whatever they can get their hands on. So please, iirc, pirates are just a hit and run group that targets the wealthy ones.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Govedo13 - 01-10-2015

This is pure idiocy.

I can see ton of potential abuse and mocking towards Pirat ID ships now.

The ID is plain useless now.

(01-10-2015, 06:29 PM)Moriarty. Wrote: Pirates don't have the tech to do jack. Their tech is as bad as their intent to go and pirate a navy officer with "not so surprisingly" better tech than him. Pirates pirate for a living, and do so, with whatever they can get their hands on. So please, iirc, pirates are just a hit and run group that targets the wealthy ones.

A gun is a gun, regardless of whether you are shot by a high tech gun that can shoot 100000000 bullets a second or an old pistol (I don't know a lot about guns as you can see, but I do know this much) you are going to start bleeding and possibly die.

I am not saying that pirates have the military capability to take on an entire house military, not at all (although why this means we have to stop them from trying I don't know? Having a mentality of, it's impossible to do this so lets ban people from trying to do so is stupid as it limits RP a great deal), I am saying that there is no reason why a small band of pirates in a few ships could not pirate a lone police snub.

But offcourse unlawful Freelancers working for pirates must have such high tech that is as good as any house military, after all they are allowed to engage them. This is the reasoning people are using to say I am wrong after all. So far some people that have tried to say I am wrong have said to me (in a nutshell): Pirates don't have the tech to take on house military and therefore it is oorp for them to try. Fine - if that is the case then let us make it against the rules for Freelancers to attack house militaries as well then, after all a lone Freelancer is likely to have the sort of tech that a lone pirate would.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Tutashkhia - 01-10-2015

Nothing changed, I would say. Navies/polices mostly never used to pay money.

If you want PvP, it's enough to appear in NY for some minutes and you'll be attacked even without demanding anything.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Sath - 01-10-2015

(01-10-2015, 07:14 PM)Danny-boy Wrote:
(01-10-2015, 06:29 PM)Moriarty. Wrote: Pirates don't have the tech to do jack. Their tech is as bad as their intent to go and pirate a navy officer with "not so surprisingly" better tech than him. Pirates pirate for a living, and do so, with whatever they can get their hands on. So please, iirc, pirates are just a hit and run group that targets the wealthy ones.

A gun is a gun, regardless of whether you are shot by a high tech gun that can shoot 100000000 bullets a second or an old pistol (I don't know a lot about guns as you can see, but I do know this much) you are going to start bleeding and possibly die.

I am not saying that pirates have the military capability to take on an entire house military, not at all (although why this means we have to stop them from trying I don't know? Having a mentality of, it's impossible to do this so lets ban people from trying to do so is stupid as it limits RP a great deal), I am saying that there is no reason why a small band of pirates in a few ships could not pirate a lone police snub.

But offcourse unlawful Freelancers working for pirates must have such high tech that is as good as any house military, after all they are allowed to engage them. This is the reasoning people are using to say I am wrong after all. So far (almost) everyone that has tried to say I am wrong has said to me (in a nutshell): Pirates don't have the tech to take on house military and therefore it is oorp for them to try. Fine - if that is the case then let us make it against the rules for Freelancers to attack house militaries as well then, after all a lone Freelancer is likely to have the sort of tech that a lone pirate would.

Except that guns are shooting the hull of a ship here. So, it does matter, what type of gun is being used to shoot what. Freelancers, unlike pirates can have a wide range of tech to choose from. (given their diplomacy). Pirates, on the other hand, are a nuisance to even unlawful groups (competition on their turf blah blah). Logically speaking, pirates would never sweat it out to pirate a police/navy when they can have a better profit pirating traders, with half the effort.