Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes (/showthread.php?tid=23848)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Lunaphase - 07-25-2009

weapons dealers shouldent be camping planets anyway. Run the risk everyone else does.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Baltar - 07-25-2009

' Wrote:I can only imagine the reaction of a weapons trader with 30 Code guns when his connection accidentally drops one day.

Well ... I guess they'll need to be careful then. They need to justify the prices they're charging for those things anyway. I have no remorse for them losing their entire shipment when they charge as much as they do.

' Wrote:weapons dealers shouldent be camping planets anyway. Run the risk everyone else does.

// SIGNED //

These weapons dealers should be considered black marketeers anyway. They're selling weapons without licenses. If they're gonna do this stuff ... they shouldn't be hanging about house system planets.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Athenian - 07-25-2009

' Wrote:Well ... I guess they'll need to be careful then. They need to justify the prices they're charging for those things anyway. I have no remorse for them losing their entire shipment when they charge as much as they do.
// SIGNED //

These weapons dealers should be considered black marketeers anyway. They're selling weapons without licenses. If they're gonna do this stuff ... they shouldn't be hanging about house system planets.

Double signed.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - NixOlympica - 07-25-2009

I must agree with people before me. Disco have lot of f1ners but people who play without breaking rules shouldn't be punished for things which that "bad" guys do. I have very stable internet but sometimes I get disconnect too.

I really don't want loose my cargo only because someone is f1ing. You don't punish only people which break rules. You punish people for getting disconnects and I think 90% of Disco players get them sometimes.

That's my opinion

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Unseelie - 07-25-2009

Why, exactly, have we veered into weapons dealers?

And how can you assume a dealer has no liscense, for the one thing? Mine is most certianly liscensed. For another, in my experience in weapons dealing, much of the cost is foisted upon us, because, frankly, the codes are so very, very hard to get with a server full of umpteen however manny people every day.

Try and find a code, and then tell me my prices are unreasonable.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - NixOlympica - 07-25-2009

' Wrote:Why, exactly, have we veered into weapons dealers?

And how can you assume a dealer has no liscense, for the one thing? Mine is most certianly liscensed. For another, in my experience in weapons dealing, much of the cost is foisted upon us, because, frankly, the codes are so very, very hard to get with a server full of umpteen however manny people every day.

//Signed

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Baltar - 07-25-2009

' Wrote:Why, exactly, have we veered into weapons dealers?

Because weapons dealers keep large stocks in their cargo hold and would be affected by this new function within Disco. Because they are worried about losing their stuff ... and my response to that is ... tough and deal with it. Don't keep such a large stock if you don't wanna lose it. Not to mention that you're hanging out at some of the safest locations with no chance of losing your cargo as is. Weapons dealers aren't role playing ... they're just making money. They're like traders ... but instead of commodities they deal with weapons. They hang out within quick-dock distance to the planet in case somebody wants to try to pirate them and are thus never in danger. Its time these guys start to role play with everyone else. Ok ... that's my rant.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - n1kodemus - 07-25-2009

' Wrote:Weapons dealers aren't role playing ... they're just making money. They're like traders ...

Excuse me?
How would weapon dealers and traders not be part of the every day roleplay in Discovery GC?
Yes, they are for making money, but it doesn't mean they would be OoRP.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Unseelie - 07-25-2009

Baltar, I find your view of arms dealers personally offensive, as its a role I have occasionally played with relish (see what I did there?)
Its time you not make assumptions about every character. Its time, for instance, for Miners to RP like everyone else, or Junkers(both groups are people I've found who stay in one place).
Thank you, but my arms dealer RPs. That's one.

Why would you even suggest that a ship full of incredibly valuable cargo would be out of rp for trying to keep it safe?

Arms dealers have legitimate reasons to be worried. But I don't imagine that the 12 pages of this thread are fueled by arms dealers alone. I've persoally not undocked my bank for months, but I trade every day.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - farmerman - 07-25-2009

' Wrote:Weapons dealers aren't role playing ... they're just making money. They're like traders ... but instead of commodities they deal with weapons. They hang out within quick-dock distance to the planet in case somebody wants to try to pirate them and are thus never in danger. Its time these guys start to role play with everyone else. Ok ... that's my rant.

I think I both agree and disagree with you here. In my experience, weapon dealers are a pretty mixed group. There certainly are some who don't RP it out much, but there are some who do quite a bit.