Discovery Gaming Community
New NPC factions... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: New NPC factions... (/showthread.php?tid=2473)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

New NPC factions... - Panzer - 03-10-2007

Well, a nw human faction... I personally think, that there are human faction, that simply exist, becaues someone forgot to delete them, completely useless and not used at all by players. (ALG waste disposal is my best example, can't imagine anyone, RPing a trash collector lol) Then again, some factions could be expanded, for example, one does not see many LSF flying around and I belive there would be people willing to RP them.
What more could be done is the end of the Corsair-Outcast war (has to end some day) and forging an alliance between them, maybe later even a whole (not necessarily lawful) house of Hispania. (seen tis on another mod). But as for now, I believe it would not only mean a lot of work, but would spoil the games balance. As for the Dom Kavosh, imagine going into an order guard system in a starflyer. And now imagine the station there looks weird, like nothing human, yes it's an old, Dom kavosh weapons platform, and kills you ina matter of seconds, provided you don't evade the shots. an artifact, conisrmation of their presence. Does that spoil the balance in your opinion? the only difference between a guard station and that weapons platform would be the shape and textures used on it. No difference in the level of danger it would pose (then again, maybe it should have awesome firepower to keep the nosy ones away from it)

New NPC factions... - Asymptotic - 03-10-2007

Actually a few remnant worlds wouldn't be too bad... Or some artifacts. That isn't really a new faction, though, y'know?

New NPC factions... - Nightfall - 03-10-2007

' Wrote:Well, a nw human faction... I personally think, that there are human faction, that simply exist, becaues someone forgot to delete them, completely useless and not used at all by players. (ALG waste disposal is my best example, can't imagine anyone, RPing a trash collector lol) Then again, some factions could be expanded, for example, one does not see many LSF flying around and I belive there would be people willing to RP them.
What more could be done is the end of the Corsair-Outcast war (has to end some day) and forging an alliance between them, maybe later even a whole (not necessarily lawful) house of Hispania. (seen tis on another mod). But as for now, I believe it would not only mean a lot of work, but would spoil the games balance. As for the Dom Kavosh, imagine going into an order guard system in a starflyer. And now imagine the station there looks weird, like nothing human, yes it's an old, Dom kavosh weapons platform, and kills you ina matter of seconds, provided you don't evade the shots. an artifact, conisrmation of their presence. Does that spoil the balance in your opinion? the only difference between a guard station and that weapons platform would be the shape and textures used on it. No difference in the level of danger it would pose (then again, maybe it should have awesome firepower to keep the nosy ones away from it)
Well, if you looked a little more, there are quite some people RPing LSF (they are some kind of a covert operations/counter intelligence as part of the Liberty Navy, so they should be few in number), we even had the 8942nd Counter-Terrorism Unit that was sporting LSF tags. Also, you have a LSF base, which one it is I won't tell you except that it is somewhere where it's supposed to be. It's fine without LSF NPCs as well as without Interspace Commerce Inc. ones. It's the way it is meant to be, you shouldn't see them flying around the Border/Edge Worlds.
The Corsair - Outcast territorial dispute should end one day resulting in the birth of the House of Hispania, everything points to that, the many things they have in common should prevail but that is more of a point like the Bretonia - Kusari war. Not to mention that the combined power/numbers of the two pirate factions would be able to just swarm the Houses and take over the whole Sector considering the state of the House militaries.
So, in short: I don't see it happening.

New NPC factions... - Panzer - 03-10-2007

Yup, just as I predicted, separated the two big pirate factions maintain a status quo, together, they would be simply too powerful.

Remnant worlds? Sounds delicious. Something like Omicron lost perhaps, where there is completely no human or nomad life. Should something like that turn up, there could be something attractive in them. Like...Some new and very expensive commodity? A mineral? (Actually the whole mining idea in FL should be somewhat modified to make it worthwhile, because right now, trade is the only practical income source)

New NPC factions... - PARAKEET - 03-12-2007

' Wrote:I think we should do somethung similar to Nightstalkers,it would be like buying a system except you woild be buying an NPC faction.For example,GoR wants to buy an NPC faction,since GoR are Outcasts there NPC Faction would be named GoR and be stationed in Alpha.just an idea....:D

Sounds like good idea.

New NPC factions... - pchwang - 03-12-2007

True, but the GoR is a part of the Outcasts. Thus, they alone would be enough to make up the GoR, no need for NPCs.