Discovery Gaming Community
~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: ~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ (/showthread.php?tid=2591)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - exlibrismortis - 12-19-2010

She had ordered a good sized glass of that good ole Zoner coffee from Freeport 14. It's name was surly earned of course, for tere was none other like it anywhere across Sirius. Rich, succulent, and just a sweet nectar that could of only been gifted from "Heaven". Yup, it's name was duely earned.

Tina Criid sipped quietly as Josh came up besde her. She acknowledged his question, but not before she had finished her sip, which he almost rudely interrupted. Placing the cup on the glass before her she turned to the new Marshall, but only slightly.

"Pleased to meet you too, Marshall. I am Arch-deacon Tona Criid, advisor to Priestess Rheinheld. I'm currently in town to continue her efforts."

She slowly looked around the bar, for a glimmer of dark energy had passed before her senses. It was lingering, and faint, almost like a bad scent. Yet, when it touched her, it was just as strong as such a bad scent. Turning around, she shrugged as she saw nothing out of the ordinary.

She slowly reached into her pocket and pulled out a small data slate. "yes, I do seem to have something for you, you've been selected for a mission of great importance from the council. I was about to depart on this mission before Rheinheld required my services. All the details are there," she said as she slid the slate across the bar top, turning around rather quickly as she felt that energy again.

It was nothing she could ignore anymore. Sue was finally able to place the origin of this aura she was feeling. The nanites on her arms began to move like a sea and they shifted about her hands. She looked towards the door abd leaned towards Josh whispering, "there was a young girl here earlier that the Priestess had had company with. Where did she go?"

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - Glis - 12-19-2010

"Pleased to meet you as well." he said with a slight chuckle he looked at the data-pad he took it and said "A mission of great importance eh?" He chuckled again and continued his sentence "Hope its not Zhane's kind of mission, last time 'twas.. ahh nevermind in any case I'll handle it." he leans towards her "You mean Shukura? I don't know, a few days ago she left with some show-off punk, I'd like to teach him a lesson, either way I don't know where they went..." He slipped the data-pad into his pocket "I'll be leaving now I got this and another assignment that Zhane's secretary gave me and I don't think she has much patience.." he stands up bows and leaves the cafe.

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - NoxNoctisEra - 12-22-2010

Shukura enters Sophies looking slightly tired. She walks past everyone to the bar and grabs a Coffee to go. she lingers for a few minute letting the heat of it seep into her through her hands. She takes a careful sip of the steamy liquid.

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - exlibrismortis - 12-30-2010

As the girl walked into the room, Tona slowly let the nanites shift back into her sleeves, creating the bracers that they once were. a dull bronze color would show only slightly beyond her matte black jacket. She watched the girl go and order her coffee. Leaning back on the bar, she grabbed her drink and took a sip, just sitting there, watching her.

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - NoxNoctisEra - 12-30-2010

Shukura feels her hairs stand on end slightly on her neck, she turns slightly to scan the room an notices an attractive woman studying her some what intently. she takes another sip of her coffee. a twinge of discomfort at being watched so intently clenches around Shuks heart. her eyes dart at the woman. after a few more uncomfortable seconds she turns to addresses the woman.

can i help you with something? shuk inquires, her voice slightly quaking with nerves. she sets her coffee down on the bar.

She watched the girl nervously acknowledge her. Tona took a rather large gulp of the coffee before setting it down on the bar, never taking her eyes off her. Finally laying the cup down on the table she said, "The name's Arch Deacon Tona Criid, I'm a personal advisor to Priestess Nashida. I'm here to talk to you a bit..."

Her voice trailed a bit as that aura came back again. The dark energy laid infront of her and was swirling around her. Strong, but not present. Lingering, attached to something. By reflex, the nanites began to form a shifting glove around her right hand as she looked about the room, trying to find the source. Trying to act inconspicuous, she turned back to Shukura, "YOu must have some questions."

i do have a few questions, but i need to get back to the priory, i left a kitten in my room..... she grabs her coffee off the counter, taking a big gulp as she faces the door walk with me? she asks. her brow furrows a bit as she sees Tona look around, a hint of a troubled expression on her face. Shuk hesitates then asks are you ok? you seem bothered by something

Tona takes a quick glance around the room, over her shoulder sligtly, and rests her hand against her side. Without making eye contact, she says, "Everything's fine for now, nothing to be worried about."

She look back at Shuk and nudges to the outside, "It's pouring pretty hard out there now. You might need this." She hands Shuk an umbrella and grabs her overcoat before heading out. "Let me join ya."

She smiles her thanks and accepts the umbrella. i didnt intend to be gone so long that they would send some one after me she bites her lip, her face coloring slightly thats why you are here right? they make their way down the familiar streets toward the priory. Shukura pulls her coat tighter around her as the rain drives at them with slight wind

The wind truly did pick up a bit as they made their way through the streets of Port Canaria. Talking a bit louder so as she can be heard above the wind, "The priestess had some other matters to attend to. I -am- here to speak with you. The Priestess said you were a special one, and I'm here to confirm that."

They turned the final corner before the priory and the humble mechanical door opened as they approached. The two Coporis defense forms stood their silent vigil outside, emotionless. Once inside, Tona took her coat off and shook a bit, letting the cold seep off her. Her bronze bracers were more visible now, ornately etched, but dulled in humility. A breastplate was barely noticeable under her shirt, bronze too, and dulled also.