Discovery Gaming Community
Gunboats balance - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Gunboats balance (/showthread.php?tid=7624)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Gunboats balance - globalplayer-svk - 05-07-2008

i use corsair lunchbox (Tinky) i was in fight with all types of gb. (from bretonian to scorpion) and my biggest problem was again keeper in scorpion gb. but i was able to force him to retreat.(but i was also heavy damaged) i was fighting again bh gs many times and lunchbox always win in 1vs1 fight. i use 8 guns without any missiles. i was thinking about repalce some turrets with missiles, but i think corsair gb is maked as anticapship gb,not antifighter. and i can kill fighters/bombers with turrets too.slower as with missiles,but i can.

//edited my previous post, i was typing about liberty and i type kusari:)

Gunboats balance - frozen - 05-07-2008

glob, if the bh pilot isnt going to rely on the gunship's agility to win against a lunchbox, i call him an uber nutcase. taking on a lunchbox head on is suicidal, since its crucial for the gunship to have its shields up.

though, id like to give u a pvp in my gunship, to see if you still find it easier to kill the gunship or not when i get back ingame:P

ok, we can make a party in connecticut:)

Gunboats balance - Doom - 05-07-2008

' Wrote:Gunboats, in my limited experience flying them, don't seem to have much trouble against cruisers at all. Practically every cruiser has a blind-spot, which the more agile Gunboat can easily exploit and get a kill.

If gunboat kills pilot in cruiser, then pilot in cruiser doesn't know how to fly a cruiser...period. Most people try to dog fight a GB...you cant do that in cruiser...not ever...not even Talarca can do that...Gunboat must be kept under constant fire, from turret mode and with chain fire...cruiser needs to fly forward while strafing...no GB alone would defeat you...try and see...

In my opinion as very experienced GB pilot:

BHG gunship is by far best ship in game in that class...it needs fixed hit box, turrets reduced to 4....
Hacker gunship needs better agility, 5 turrets....

Orca needs better hit box and upgrade in agility
Rheinland GB needs better agility...otherwise it is excellent ship
Liberty GB is actually quite average ship...IMO
Kusari GB could use one more forward firing turret OR better agility...

Gunboats balance - mjolnir - 05-07-2008

' Wrote:If gunboat kills pilot in cruiser, then pilot in cruiser doesn't know how to fly a cruiser...period. Most people try to dog fight a GB...you cant do that in cruiser...not ever...not even Talarca can do that...Gunboat must be kept under constant fire, from turret mode and with chain fire...cruiser needs to fly forward while strafing...no GB alone would defeat you...try and see...

Well kusari dessie can't really do the latter (turret mode, constant fire)... but it can do the former... against any GB bar the BHG GS.. and maybe the LH one.

But Kusari dessie is a bit oversized GB.

Also this is why the BHG GS is uber... since it's so small and agile it can sit at 1500ms and strafe while the cruiser in turret mode doesn't score any hits.

doom, but when cruiser switch to turret mode, fly forward and try to shoot gb, its not big probolem stay at some distance (600-800m) behind him,strafe to sides or up and down and fire to him... then we will see who is bigger target and who win. i meet some cruisers or battlecruisers who use this tacitc (flying forward and firing from turret mode) but in the end all of them try to escape,because i was able to make bigger damage as they make me....

Gunboats balance - Doom - 05-07-2008

well...that worked for me many times...in cruisers, in battleships...even in gunboats against fighters...

but i dont have patterned way of fighting...i try to find weak spot...

but anyway...people simply dont use Cruisers against GBs in best way...GBs have agility...but cruisers have more power...and GB always need to be kept under fire...no matter what...

thats true, but other thing is, how is possible that single cruiser and single gb can meet each other:)cruisers are not for traveling trough systems, in crusier you can not pirate,nothing. (i mean in rp, i know that bh or corsair crusiers are verywhere:()

Gunboats balance - Muleo - 05-08-2008

' Wrote:Corsair. Well, I have blown one of these up without taking that much damage wityh just me in my falcata and someone else on a sabre. It is hopeless against fighters, but damn it eats caps for breakfast. I don't really know if this is to be considered ballenced or not. They get spammed so much they must be quite good. Maybe nerf it cos I'm sick of seeing so many of them.

I think after todays fight with me in Omega 5, you'll agree the Corsair gunboat isn't thaaat useless against fighters and bombers. Just needs the right type of flying.

The only get spammed so much because we have so many people who would spam them.
Trust me, if you nerfed it to the same size and speed for 6 turrets, I'd be willing to bet a fair amount of money, there'd still be tonnes of independent corsair noobs flying them...

Personally I find the range of gunboats available really balanced, makes for an interesting mix, except for the BH Gunship... that thing really needs to be dampened down a bit, takes ages to kill in bombers

In comparison I believe the Orca needs a bit of a boost, I've never flown it, but from my experience rather weak, maybe it's from the forward cannon not being able to shoot at usual target positions.

Gunboats balance - Friday - 06-26-2008

Just my bit,

I'd like to see the firing angle for the Kusari GB increased - I mean the weapon is a hood ornament - not integral to the hull like other forward cannons are.

Its a nifty little ship other than that.