Discovery Gaming Community
Xeno Alliance Faction Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Liberty (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+----- Forum: XA- (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=512)
+----- Thread: Xeno Alliance Faction Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=7749)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Xeno Alliance Faction Feedback - shemkel - 08-16-2012

Yeah, I was the one that was trying to RP with Lisa Baker. I hoped something could work with that. And then you bring 3 scyllas to Colorado...
Yeah. That was kinda pissing. And no, we did not ask for any navy help. They just show up to kill XAs so it's like... two-sided sword.

As to USI - well... search the comms channel. I'd piss my pants if I finally got some responses. The problem is that USI is kinda zombie faction now.
I will, however, send a broadcast to other USI pilots willing to cooperate with us. I didn't think about that actually, so thanks for the idea (bow)

Xeno Alliance Faction Feedback - Evo - 08-16-2012

Interesting conversation but personally, sometimes I have called in a navy or two to help deal with fights if our numbers completely give us no chance to fend off foreign/serious pirate threats like the time we had 2 OC dreads and 2 scyllas in Colorado. They didn't give a crap, though, and we ended up blowing them up ourselves. I try to RP a lot if the other side is cooperating but sometimes not everyone is in the mood for it. Personally I've seen good things, flying with the XA on both my hatchling XA fighter and my .Allerton bomber. Perfect and full of RP 24/7, no. But there's no faction like that. I've basically had to expect the worst but hope for the best rp-wise on this server, until recently it was vice-versa and er.. Well, Mike remembers that conversation. :D

Xeno Alliance Faction Feedback - shemkel - 08-17-2012

Quote:Cannot ally with any military, police, or corporate players.

Well... my interpretation is that calling for navy is allying. So I don't. And I don't encourage that as it's ooRP.

Xeno Alliance Faction Feedback - sindroms - 08-17-2012

Speaking of Navy, this is something I had asked before, but what are the Xenos relations to the Navy anyway?

Some say that they hate the corrupt police, but avoid shooting the navy ships because of the fact that they are the ones dying for their country and protecting their borders in the war with Rheinland and weeding out pirates and smugglers. A worthy cause, so to speak.

On the other cup of the weights, we have the Navy being a symbol of the government and established power. The same power the Xenos are trying to crumble, and it involves showing the general population their views by hitting the symbol of the established government.

So which of the two are the XA and which is more preferable for the indie players? Allertons, I suppose, really do not care for them. As soon as we see one navy on the scanner, we pop the cloak and gtfo anyway, so I suppose you could count that as the first option.

Yeah, that's actually a problem.

The general idea behind our RP - regarding the navy - is that if we're patriots, we should not backstab the navy as it fights rheinlanders.
But as the LPI is effectively dead, the LN - especially indies, but [LN] also - begun to perform police job.
And we can't tolerate that as they interrupt our operations.
The result is that we treat the Navy differntly when they're in combat operation against RM and differently when they just fly around looking for trouble.
Besides... it's not like we have to be any agressive to fight the LN. It's not us looking for 'em. In fact, we'd love if the Navy was all gathered around Norfolk all the time:D

Oh, and BTW, Spazzy...
Kudos for the action against those OC Dreads and Scyllas in Colorado. Been a pleasure.

' Wrote:Yeah, that's actually a problem.

The general idea behind our RP - regarding the navy - is that if we're patriots, we should not backstab the navy as it fights rheinlanders.
But as the LPI is effectively dead, the LN - especially indies, but [LN] also - begun to perform police job.
And we can't tolerate that as they interrupt our operations.
The result is that we treat the Navy differntly when they're in combat operation against RM and differently when they just fly around looking for trouble.
Besides... it's not like we have to be any agressive to fight the LN. It's not us looking for 'em. In fact, we'd love if the Navy was all gathered around Norfolk all the time:D

Oh, and BTW, Spazzy...
Kudos for the action against those OC Dreads and Scyllas in Colorado. Been a pleasure.

So it is pretty much situational.

And I heard about the Colo fun. Though I haven't been online on my Allerton ever since Raul left and dumped all of his projects on me. I am not even joking when I say that I am glad that you are having better encounters with the other allerpeeps without me being around. :laugh:

Well, it's only a matter of coordinating a bit and such.
I'm glad we have enough xenos around to be able to keep such "invaders" away.
Oh, and if some of you still aren't in the "XA&Friends" channel - which acts kinda like general xeno "yell for help" chat, poke Darius so he could add you in.

' Wrote:Well, it's only a matter of coordinating a bit and such.
I'm glad we have enough xenos around to be able to keep such "invaders" away.
Oh, and if some of you still aren't in the "XA&Friends" channel - which acts kinda like general xeno "yell for help" chat, poke Darius so he could add you in.

Nice, I will forward that to the allerpeeps.

Cheers.

Xeno Alliance Faction Feedback - ... kur nubÄ—go? - 08-20-2012

It's not that hard to be very ideological and "patriotic" and hate the authority in the same time. It just requires to be stupid enough. For example football ultras (hooligan fans). They are patriotic of their city to the bones, yet they are no afraid to shout A.C.A.B. time to time or get into few conflicts.

So again, you are trying to rationalize xeno position. Alltough, I still think that that's the wrong way on taking things. Everything is way more primitive than that.

Xeno Alliance Faction Feedback - shemkel - 08-21-2012

Thanks to - amongst others - your posts here, we have discussed a lot and we decided that we will probably change our stance a bit to make it slightly more extremist.
We will see how it works.

No matter the result, thanks for your input.