Discovery Gaming Community
Xoria for server administrator - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Xoria for server administrator (/showthread.php?tid=8664)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Xoria for server administrator - ParanoidAndroid - 05-21-2008

' Wrote:Then wouldn't you consider it is rather pointless to ask the opinion of a bunch of people who just "know" him, and not really know him?

Please, do not go about disqualifying other people's opinions you do not to share because you happen to have a vantage point understanding of things that not everyone else is able to access. If you have something you think it's worthwhile to share from that perspective do so, but, please, don't go about patronizing others.

Unfortunately your unbridled attempt to pull out proper conclusion from my inner intentions failed. PM me in case of any doubts. I don't really feel obligated to discuss it up here.

Xoria for server administrator - tfmachad - 05-21-2008

' Wrote:Unfortunately your unbridled attempt to pull out proper conclusion from my inner intentions failed. PM me in case of any doubts. I don't really feel obligated to discuss it up here.
Who said anything about inner intentions? I was directly referring to this:

' Wrote:I assume that the most part of the criticism has probably came from the people who as I supppose have never had a chance even to spoke a word to him. Also I've noticed many votes saying 'NO' while being justified with words 'i barely know him' or 'i even don't know him' so for the love of god how can you put forward any opinion about him? that makes simply no sense to me, but whatever.

I can only confirm Virus's words. His way of leading the LH says me enough of his capabilities to become an admin.
I was making a point out of your outright questioning of other people's understandings as irrelevant based on their lack of proper knowledge of the guy. Knowledge that you've acquired because you happen to have had the opportunity to be around him. If that wasn't the case, you'd be as clueless to whatever further understanding you're referring to as the rest of the other people who hadn't got the same opportunity.

As for inner intentions... Geez! I wouldn't go so far. I'll tell you this, I'm not antagonizing you directly rather than your original statement. I don't even know you, but I'll tell you this: From the very start if I've even entertained the idea that you had some sort of inner intentions, that would be something I'd restrain and keep to myself. I'm solely addressing things you've expressed in written form and to be bluntly honest with you, I didn't even figured you had any "inner intentions". If anything, what I'd say I figure from your reaction to the negative criticism and wasn't literally written by yourself is that you feel bad about a friend being misjudged, but I believe that's one thing everyone can relate to.

As for my replies, I'm opposing to things that you've expressed and registered in writing. God if I can get into people's minds and read what they're thinking. If this is all a big misunderstanding, well, then I'm awfully sorry. It comes with communicating through text. But you have to concede that when one writes in cryptic lines as...

' Wrote:I do bealive that emphasizing quotation marks from the word 'knows' would be in its right place. No more additions from this side of globe.

...one can only guess as to what they actually mean.

Anyway, I'm of the opinion that we're running after our own tails here in some sort of language barrier between ourselves. For my part I apologize if I sounded like I was antagonizing you directly. That is something I try not to do. I believe in qualifying statements, not people. People are mutable, statements are written. But, then again, written language is found wanting when most of us don't really share the cultural inclinations behind it.

Xoria for server administrator - Yngen - 05-21-2008

' Wrote:I assume that the most part of the criticism has probably came from the people who as I supppose have never had a chance even to spoke a word to him. Also I've noticed many votes saying 'NO' while being justified with words 'i barely know him' or 'i even don't know him' so for the love of god how can you put forward any opinion about him? that makes simply no sense to me, but whatever.

I can only confirm Virus's words. His way of leading the LH says me enough of his capabilities to become an admin.

My lack of opinion or acquaintance with this candidate should not diminish my vote or part in this decision. I don't believe one should vote 'yes' to anything without enough information to form a gut opinion. So the default is 'no.' 'No' because though there definitely is a need for more admins, there is an even greater need for good admins whom everyone trusts.

But, as you say, "whatever."

Xoria for server administrator - tfmachad - 05-22-2008

*sigh*

I just can't help myself...

' Wrote:My lack of opinion or acquaintance with this candidate should not diminish my vote or part in this decision. I don't believe one should vote 'yes' to anything without enough information to form a gut opinion. So the default is 'no.' 'No' because though there definitely is a need for more admins, there is an even greater need for good admins whom everyone trusts.

But, as you say, "whatever."

I think that it's much more valuable if you set up your default choice as, "I can't decide right now. Let me try and get more information so I can make a more educated decision." Maybe some of the guys who were too a bit uncertain, or had this "gut feeling" (as so did I, by the way) they couldn't quite place, should wait a bit longer and think more about it and evaluate their conflicting thoughts.

Anyway, as I've mentioned, I had second thoughts myself and decided to wait until I could make up my mind around something tangible or at least gather enough information to quantify the ups and downs of it. In the end, there's only so much you can get to know someone. You can't always be sure. Every deterministic decision in this world culminates in a leap of faith. Also, as I've mentioned before, I know for a fact that the people who run this place have put enough thinking into this and, if we grew to like it here as they've managed it so far, we should take their decision into great account. At least for my part I do.

My vote is "yes".

Xoria for server administrator - Eppy - 05-22-2008

Quote:So the default is 'no.'

In that case, wouldn't it be better to abstain and seek out further information? Sorry to pick on you, but people seem to have this black-and-white mentality about polls I thought needed pointing out.

I'd also like to remind the community that the fact that this poll is out there is essentially Xoria's commencement thread. Once these threads are up all it really means is that Xoria is the new Admin.

Xoria for server administrator - Xoria - 05-22-2008

' Wrote:I'd also like to remind the community that the fact that this poll is out there is essentially Xoria's commencement thread. Once these threads are up all it really means is that Xoria is the new Admin.

I think I can say from a position of some certainty, that this is not true.

Xoria for server administrator - Dopamino - 05-22-2008

Unless the majority actually votes no, which will likely never happen. Unless I'm nominated to be an admin:crazy:

Xoria for server administrator - Eppy - 05-22-2008

That was the way it was with Hoodlum, AC Merc, Caylith and Kane...maybe things have been done differently here, there's not really a large enough sample to establish a 'good' trend from, as I can count the number of Administrators this server has ever had on two hands, but that's what most of us decided last time, as I recall. But whatever, that could just be my faulty memory, which has been known to malfunction before...

EDIT: Dopa, I will break out every single alternate account I have to make sure than never becomes a very gruesome reality.:P

Xoria for server administrator - sn!p3r - 05-22-2008

there was a saying i saw on some movie a few years ago, spiderman 2 i think it was "With great power comes great responsibility"

Don't know him well enough to say he make a great/good admin, but i know he'll make an admin, and right now thats what the server needs, Someone thats willing to enforce the rules, and someone that will hopefully help players in need.

Voted yes, hope i made the right choice.

Xoria for server administrator - mwerte - 05-22-2008

well?

any news?