Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 (/showthread.php?tid=105467)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Flashâ„¢ - 11-24-2013

Dang Makc, those two pics look awesome bro. :O

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Mr.Fabulous - 11-24-2013

(11-24-2013, 08:29 AM)Core_One Wrote: Anyway Leonardo, Bretonia Fleet hasn't got large numbers... And it's nice atmosphere if you see remains tryking to keep Leeds.

Perhaps... but IMO, looks a little -too- empty in my book. Maybe -just- a few more ships? another battleship, and some fighters wouldn't hurt, would it? Still needs the fleet to be properly angled to appear organized in flanks, though.

(11-24-2013, 08:24 AM)Makc_RU Wrote: b.) Leonardo, make something yourself. Let's see what you got.

a.) Needless to say I did what I was asked to do in both scenarios.

c.) I just opened the 3d program I used, just to verify your feedback about the light source and I am afraid that you don't know what you are talking about. I appreciate your feedback though.

a.) And I respect that. Just pointing out my opinion on what I think could have been improved.

b.) Ehr... uhm... I only know how to use Paint.NET. Haven't used Photoshop, nor any of those other photo-editors cause those either cost money (which I don't have), and those things need powerful computers (which I -also- don't have).

[Image: JadensGaranchouPic.png]

^ is basically what I can do. While I don't have the editing capabilities to CREATE the perfect scenes, I can IMAGINE in my mind the perfect scene, then constantly (and I mean HOURS if I had the time) shooting it from different angles, finding the perfect shot in itself, and use as little editing as possible. (actually, all I did to edit is select, cut, paste in new window, and viola. means this signature is ENTIRELY IN-GAME)

Give me a project, maybe even let me organize a group of players to setup some Bret and Gallic Caps and fighters near Leeds, and I'll see what I can do. Will need Bloom for this, though. (ugh, my eyes)

EDIT: ... I should make a shot about my Liberty Dreadnought. Just wished that TZ worked.

c.)

[Image: 3495uu8.png]
//courtesy of this fine gentleman right here

Notice how the Nephilim blends its reflection seemlessly into the scene. It doesn't stick out at all because the ship reflects the same skyblue light as the star, and that's the beauty of it: making it seem insignificant, conforming to the vastness of the beauty of the universe, yet still knowing it has a mission to do. I think it's called "color filtering", perhaps?

In your pic, Makc, the ships were evidently shot using white-lightsource, different from the coloring of the system's yellow sun.

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Makc_RU - 11-24-2013

I am starting to like you.

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - mwerte - 11-26-2013

Feel free to use anything here, and if you need a reshoot or camera man let me know

Photojournal of Sirius

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Piombo65 - 11-26-2013

(10-11-2013, 08:01 PM)aakopa Wrote: Well, Discovery is based on Freelancer, Freelancer is Microsofts game, if they put it steam we could put mod to greenlight.
Taken from the website of the information greenlight:
"My game is a mod: Can I publish it on Steam Greenlight anyway?
Yes, you can publish your mod on Steam Greenlight, but to be able to release on Steam will need to possess a full license of the engine for your game. If it is a mod based on the Source engine, we can take care of the issue, but for other engines have to work with their owners."
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/about/?appid=765&section=faq

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Piombo65 - 11-26-2013

Let us try to make the game in 3 languages.
I think they could go well as...

1.English
2.Deutsch
3.Italiano

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Vrabcek - 01-17-2014

(11-26-2013, 06:44 PM)Piombo65 Wrote: Yes, you can publish your mod on Steam Greenlight.............

It would be really cool if somehow Steam or gog or whatever would offer Freelancer. Only with low prices freelancer could attract new people to play it and some of them trying disco aswell...
but until then i am afraid with any advertisement you wont really attract people playing a 11 year old game...

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - chase.way - 01-17-2014

Promote on reddit ?

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Piombo65 - 01-17-2014

(01-17-2014, 10:37 AM)Vrabcek Wrote:
(11-26-2013, 06:44 PM)Piombo65 Wrote: Yes, you can publish your mod on Steam Greenlight.............

It would be really cool if somehow Steam or gog or whatever would offer Freelancer. Only with low prices freelancer could attract new people to play it and some of them trying disco aswell...
but until then i am afraid with any advertisement you wont really attract people playing a 11 year old game...

To tell the truth is what people want out of steam, play old games that still collect a huge success!

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Ironwatsas - 01-18-2014

We should make something on TVTropes about Discovery.

They already have sections on mods like DayZ, Garrys Mod, and Black Mesa, among others.

Someone should just see about making a Discovery Mod page.