Discovery Gaming Community
Junker Congress - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Player Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=244)
+---- Forum: Official Faction Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=245)
+----- Forum: Official Faction Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=134)
+------ Forum: Archived Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=290)
+------ Thread: Junker Congress (/showthread.php?tid=11230)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Junker Congress - Elvin - 09-18-2008

I dont think its anything close to wrong if Junker uses Talarca cruiser, since its not really Kusarian ship - Its made by PRIVATE ship-building company, based in Kusari, so they dont have to share the ideas of goverment and factions based in the system, and basicaly, private companies would sell it to nearly anyone, who will pay them well, so its kind of civilian free-to-use ship. They make it purely for profit, so when it comes to, when small six-legged alien comes to them with 90 millions in one of his nine hands, they will be scared, but happy that they were able to sell another piece of theire goods.
Of course in this case, RH Pirate cruiser is much better (RP) choice (especially for base adjucators, since they are "pure" Junkers) , cause its made directly by Junkers - Though having Talarca is fully allright as well.

Junker Congress - Zelot - 09-18-2008

Quote:The Talarca Cruiser is a rare ship built by one of the private ship-building companies of Kusari. Origins of the Talarca remains unknown; some say it's based upon an early Kusari gunboat prototype, some assume that it was constructed by ancient alien race. Classified between gunboats and cruisers, the Talarca is an efficient and cheap capital ship, often used by freelancers of both lawful and unlawful alignment.

This is the infocard for the Talarca, I have noted a couple of things in it. It is a rare ship, meaning it would not be sold to just anyone, if that was the case, it would not be rare. Second, it is built by one of the private ship building companies of Kusari. This is vague so lets look at where it is sold. The first is Planet Honshu, where it is very very very OORP for a Junker to dock, the second is Chigoku, a Blood Dragon base. The Blood Dragons are neutral to the Junkers, and in my estimation, barely neutral. The Blood Dragons dont really care for outsiders either, preferring to keep the Outcasts (their Allies) at arms length, so I would assume they would trust the Junkers even less, the only group with anything even close to the RP to buy ships from the Blood Dragons are the GC. Another thing to note is that it is thought to be based off of a Kusari Gunboat prototype, indicating some connection to the Military, which again is very Nationalist, and would not allow it's ships to become freely sold all throughout Sirius.

Finally I would like to compare this with the Tiger Shark infocard;

Quote:

The Tiger Shark is one of the best fighter ships currently available for civilians in the Border Worlds. This light fighter is relatively expensive for its class, but its unmatched power, agility, and reliability are well enough to compensate the price. Built by Rheinland corporations, the Tiger Shark is a popular choice for rich freelancers from all Sirius houses.

This ship says much the same as the Talarca, although it says directly it is used all over Siruis, but the admins have clearly stated the only factions that should be using it are Rhienland factions, much the same way, the only factions and people who should be using the Talarca are Kusari factions.

Meaning no, a Junker should not be using this ship without posting in the Special RP section of the forums.

Junker Congress - Serpentis - 09-18-2008

Wow... You realy take this as an important issue huh?

Very well then, im of from Jack until i can afford the Pirate cruiser..

I was hoping on not having to trade for awhile -sobs uncontrollably-

But i dont take offense, not even after Rping the chr in the cruiser for the last few weeks..:P

(Sorry but awefully tired at the moment)

Junker Congress - Elvin - 09-18-2008

Somehow I knew that you will stalk around to critise my post, like always, altough let me say its rare because its made by one private company, and like such, they cant manage to produce 5 cruisers per day, not like so much people want to buy it and again its basically ok for anyone, as I have said, and theres nothing wrong about having it, ALTOUGH the RH PI cruiser is surely much better choice for sure, and to keep this about the faction, I think that Junker Congres will not have so much cruisers, and if, it will be RH PI, maybe for some highter purposes, Talarca.

EDIT:Wohoo I have said " Its surely better for sure" what a poem:D

Junker Congress - Zelot - 09-18-2008

' Wrote:Somehow I knew that you will stalk around to critise my post, like always, altough let me say its rare because its made by one private company, and like such, they cant manage to produce 5 cruisers per day, not like so much people want to buy it and again its basically ok for anyone, as I have said, and theres nothing wrong about having it, ALTOUGH the RH PI cruiser is surely much better choice for sure, and to keep this about the faction, I think that Junker Congres will not have so much cruisers, and if, it will be RH PI, maybe for some highter purposes, Talarca.

As I said it is not ok for anyone, it is ok for anyone in Kusari..... Big difference, the Junkers are not allowed in Kusari (by Lawfuls) so they should not be flying the Talarca.

I find it funny that a member of faction that has the ability to use (inrp) Outcast, Corsair, Rhienland Pirate, Liberty Pirate, and Civilain ships from three houses, should want to use the Most OORP ship available to them, a Kusari one, it is a bit ridiculous, chose from one of the many many many other ships available to you.

Junker Congress - Culebra - 09-18-2008

Oh lord lets not turn this into someting bigger than it is please. You have said what you needed to say Zelot the Junker in question is going to change his ship. The talcara is not on the Junker Congress ship list. What more needs to be said? Everything else can be answered in a PM by Tink to you.

Edit: Serpentis take your time to build up the money. Just let people know you are making the attempt to change. There is no need to put your characater away.

' Wrote:Somehow I knew that you will stalk around to critise my post, like always, altough let me say its rare because its made by one private company, and like such, they cant manage to produce 5 cruisers per day, not like so much people want to buy it and again its basically ok for anyone, as I have said, and theres nothing wrong about having it, ALTOUGH the RH PI cruiser is surely much better choice for sure, and to keep this about the faction, I think that Junker Congres will not have so much cruisers, and if, it will be RH PI, maybe for some highter purposes, Talarca.

You know i agree fully. With all the above statements.

I just cant see how the Talarca being Unownable by a junker. But hey im not here to get "sanctioned" -sighes deeply-

' Wrote:The truth of the matter is that a Zoner should not be using a Talarca either, they have the Zoner Dessie to use. Folks please remember the Kusari are a very insular people, their government controlled by the more nationalist elements in the society, so they are not likely going to sell their ships to outsiders. In any event, I looked at this persons RP (I am not going to put his name here, the members of the Junkers Congress will know of whom I speak, so I see no reason to publicly name him), and there is no mention of even where he got the ship, although it seems he has put some work into his RP, nice pictures and all, but that does not change the fact that Junkers should not be using this ship, and in fact if they are they should be posting in the Special RP section for permission.

' Wrote:This is the infocard for the Talarca, I have noted a couple of things in it. It is a rare ship, meaning it would not be sold to just anyone, if that was the case, it would not be rare. Second, it is built by one of the private ship building companies of Kusari. This is vague so lets look at where it is sold. The first is Planet Honshu, where it is very very very OORP for a Junker to dock, the second is Chigoku, a Blood Dragon base. The Blood Dragons are neutral to the Junkers, and in my estimation, barely neutral. The Blood Dragons dont really care for outsiders either, preferring to keep the Outcasts (their Allies) at arms length, so I would assume they would trust the Junkers even less, the only group with anything even close to the RP to buy ships from the Blood Dragons are the GC. Another thing to note is that it is thought to be based off of a Kusari Gunboat prototype, indicating some connection to the Military, which again is very Nationalist, and would not allow it's ships to become freely sold all throughout Sirius.

The person is me... .:j:.Jack.Matthews is the characters name if anyone is interested.

And yeah i agree somewhat of what your saying, but i just cant but ask myself. Why are you discussing this? Did i shoot you? No, i dont PVP with this chr or almost any of my chrs.

Is it because you feel this is soemething important to the Disco Community? Yes? Ok then, fine. Ive allready said that i'l change to Pirate Cruiser so that i can make sure that the congress in no ways at all get any problems cause of my RP. And i have RP on the thing aswell. Even made a ship description. But No i havent mentioned where it came from. But I can and would if it wasnt that people seamed to have problems with the Talarca.

But from my own point of view, the Talarca Looks very "junkerish". Since, woah, it's Fugly.. Real fugly.

But consider this for a moment.

The harvesters use The Talarca extensivly, and the Junkers are allied with the Harvesters. And i belive they arent allowed there either but hey guess what, no one complains if they do. Why? Cause they probably salvaged it. And Even if that doesnt work, look at it this way.

It's a "private" company. The Character makes a order of one of the Talarca Cruisers from this said Private company. And he pays a third party, that is neutral to get his Talarca down to The Sigmas..

But i simply cant figure out why your arguing this.. Hey, i cant even figure out why im arguing with you.

Edit: Ship description is in my Sig, check The Radiant.

And clarification; Even with getting allowed by Tink to keep the Talarca i wont, cause i can honestly say that it's just not worth it.

Edit 2: If anyone is feelins perticuraly generous i could use some extra credits to make this go a little faster -Serp does the "puppy eyes" look-

Edit 3:
Quote:"although it seems he has put some work into his RP, nice pictures and all,"

Junker Congress - farmerman - 09-18-2008

It's easy to misinterpret online, but it seems like people are getting a little worked up. We want some constructive criticism though, while we're still working on everything, right?

There does seem to have been some chaos though. Maybe post about it in the one section, Serpentis, and get things cleared up? I'd hate to see things get too messed up for you, though if you're going to change, what is your Junker's name? I'll see what I can donate - gotta help out those fellow Junkers!

' Wrote:It's easy to misinterpret online, but it seems like people are getting a little worked up. We want some constructive criticism though, while we're still working on everything, right?

There does seem to have been some chaos though. Maybe post about it in the one section, Serpentis, and get things cleared up? I'd hate to see things get too messed up for you, though if you're going to change, what is your Junker's name? I'll see what I can donate - gotta help out those fellow Junkers!

I just feel that ive spent quite some time working up for the character, the ship, images and other work concerning him. But Hey ive said im going to change and by the great Cthulu i shall!

Name: .:j:.Jack.Matthews

But im no begger -puppy eyes-

Junker Congress - farmerman - 09-18-2008

There's a gift from Kreuzberg, to further along Junker interests!