Discovery Gaming Community
Guard ID's in 4.85 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Guard ID's in 4.85 (/showthread.php?tid=12662)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Drake - 10-23-2008

' Wrote:merc will become freelancer. - so you ll only need to get a freelancer ID and you ll be fine. - the only ones you might get into trouble with is the liberty navy - for i m not sure if they like a freelancer to fly one of their military grade capital ships. - oh, and you ll need to work getting a freelancer tag, too ( which will be a pita )

Don't really need to get a Freelancer tag to go with the ID. It's nice, but a awful lot of work and not really a necessity. I'm currently working on getting a Freelancer tag on a character (and will get him a Vigilante ID in 4.85) and it really is a pain in the behind.

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Orin - 10-23-2008

While a merc flying a Libby makes absolutely no RP sense to me, why should she have to get the FL tag? My FL, and the new one I'm creating, don't, and won't ever have them. They have other ties in RP that represent their tags.

Just want to know what you meant by "you ll need to work getting a freelancer tag, too".

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Jinx - 10-23-2008

well - there is a rule saying that the tag must match the ID as closely as possible. - while factions like the harvesters / phantoms / novaPG cannot match their ID ... and so they gotto be "as close as possible"....

those that do have a tag to match it with - should match it. - or at least thats what the rule says.

of course, i agree that its both - a pain... and not always the best RP alternative, cause a merc is not a freelancer of course....

but i might remind you that there was a discussion about the zoners some time ago - how zoners without a tag would not be considered to be zoners. - and many players agreed that they should put the work into matching the ID as closely as possible - even if they were not RPing 100% zoners.

basicly the same thing here. - ... the problem that freelancers are NOT mercs is another problem though.

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Orin - 10-23-2008

Well, the FL tag isn't always a good fit. Freelancers aren't in RP actually a faction, therefore their tag is simply a way to show neutrality.

My Freelancer Orin worked for the GMG (still does in one timeline) and he still takes on work for them in his Freelancing. Therefore he is GMG IFFed for a reason.

I'll be making Holly Hawkins a Freelancer in a differnt timeline, and she'll be Synth IFFed for about the same reason.

So in the case of Freelancers and Mercs, there should be no necessity to obtain the tag. At all. In some cases (like mine) it actually doesn't fit as well as another IFF.

Guard ID's in 4.85 - MrCynical - 10-24-2008

' Wrote:My Freelancer Orin worked for the GMG (still does in one timeline) and he still takes on work for them in his Freelancing. Therefore he is GMG IFFed for a reason.

To be honest I don't see any problem with a Freelancer carrying the IFF of the faction they work for - since the purpose of tag/id is to enable players to establish who the character is for RP purposes, that's actually more useful to the server (imo) than carrying a 'freelancer' tag.