Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes (/showthread.php?tid=144552)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Kauket - 11-05-2016

(11-05-2016, 07:40 PM)Tutashkhia Wrote:
Quote: Pirates and Freelancers aren't supposed to be able to use any tech they want at full core, there's meant to be a downside to having an ID with a limitless ZOI

Do you think I couldn't come up with an idea to get a faction ID, have 100% power plant and use their tech?
That's the problem. Is there really a big difference for you whether I'll fly an Outcast ID'd Gunboat with 100% power plant or a Pirate ID'd Rogue Gunboat (or something else) with 75%?

yes
yes there is a difference

the kusari explorer is fine as a heavy, and the montante isn't even that bad.

if you don't want a bad powercore, stop playing at 75% lmao

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Tutashkhia - 11-05-2016

Okay, edited: "What faction roleplay do I want to take part in"?

I've always been role playing as Pirate and I've always liked it. That's simple. Things are changing and from what I'm getting from this changes, despite my strong desire to role play as a Pirate, I've to choose between two things...

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Reid - 11-05-2016

(11-05-2016, 07:40 PM)Tutashkhia Wrote: Do you think I couldn't come up with an idea to get a faction ID, have 100% power plant and use their tech?
That's the problem. Is there really a big difference for you whether I'll fly an Outcast ID'd Gunboat with 100% power plant or a Pirate ID'd Rogue Gunboat (or something else) with 75%?

Yes, there is. Because if you're an Outcast ID'd Tridente and you're getting ganked by the IMG, I'd come in and help you. But since you're a pirate ID'd Asco, I'm gonna let them do what they want. It's not a case of "what's the most OP tech combo I can get", it's a case of "What faction roleplay do I want to take part in". And from what I'm getting from this conversation, you're more concerned with the former.

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Vendetta - 11-05-2016

Pirate IDs aren't Terrorist IDs. They're not made to revolve around PvP'ing against every lawful you can find anymore.

The ID is a generic ID, in which you swap access to specific faction technology at 75% power core for an unlimited Zone of Influence.

You're not well established like the Rogues or part of a criminal nation like the Outcasts or Corsairs. You're out on your own, entrenching yourself on other faction's territory to rob people so that you as an individual can get by. You're not well funded, you don't have access to most gunboats outside of the civilian market, you don't have friends in other organizations because they'd realistically see you as someone stealing their business.

You're not a swashbuckling sword swinger, you're a genuine pirate. You don't care about a morale code or about people's lives. They have stuff that you want and you're going to take it so that you can continue to rob other people.

If you want to spend your time shooting lawfuls as an unlawful, choose another ID. Given how much you loiter in Kusari/Liberty/Taus, an Outcast ID is perfect for you.

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Tutashkhia - 11-05-2016

@Vendetta Thanks for all those information about the arse of Pirate ID. Every single time I've a discussion about something regarding Pirate ID, that's the most useful argument from the opposite side. Whatever... no point in discussing here.

Just it's easy to say. It's so damn easy to say that "you want to be a pirate? then be a real pirate".

P.S I want to have a Terrorist ID, want to Pirate, want to RP and want to fight all together. I'm a bit egoist, aren't I?

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Antonio - 11-06-2016

A couple of new updates:

Repair ship & Gallic repair ship - regens 200 -> 300
Nanotool upgrade - range 200 -> 600, turret hit points 5000 -> 70 000
Civilian carrier - removed bots, armor 700k -> 1.2m
Ranseur- armor 2.3m -> 2.4m
Libdread - armor 1.8m -> 1.7m
Kudessie - armor 280k -> 300k
Junker gb - armor 120k -> 105k, b/b 400 -> 350
Council secondaries - energy usage 15.5k -> 12k
Cerb gb turret - energy usage 12k -> 11k

OP updated.

@Tutashkhia The main reason basics were nerfed is to hit 75% gunboats, so it's working as intended. Gunboats are by far the least energy-demanding class in the game, and they were the only ones on which if you used 75% core you'd barely feel it, unlike other classes (Bombers are unusable on 75% for instance).

Edit: Added cruiser missile changes.

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Venkman - 11-06-2016

(11-06-2016, 12:32 AM)Antonio Wrote: A couple of new updates:

Repair ship & Gallic repair ship - regens 200 -> 300
Nanotool upgrade - range 200 -> 600, turret hit points 5000 -> 70 000

[Image: raw]

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Harley.Quinn - 11-06-2016

@Antonio Why are you at all trying to hit 75% gunboats? Because they didn't feel 75% core on basic turrets?

An example about bomber is quite logical, it should be as it was. For example, 75% gunboat would be unusable if it used something like Supernova or Nova Torpedo too.

P.S Back in 2010-2011, we used to fly unlawful Gunboats with Pirate IDs and faction turrets (most commonly Zoner Turrets). So we were living in a big lie and it was all a big unbalance? If I compared 2010 and 2016 I wouldn't say the game is more balanced now than it used to be.

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Reid - 11-06-2016

(11-06-2016, 12:39 AM)Harley.Quinn Wrote: P.S Back in 2010-2011, we used to fly unlawful Gunboats with Pirate IDs and faction turrets (most commonly Zoner Turrets). So we were living in a big lie and it was all a big unbalance? If I compared 2010 and 2016 I wouldn't say the game is more balanced now than it used to be.

The difference is that in 2010-2011 people used the Ahoudori, a civilian gunboat. One that is large, slow, and heavy. One still accessible to generic IDs today. And you may not remember this, but cap8 Zoner turret Ahoudoris were an absolute scourge on the server. Nobody liked fighting them because of how absolutely OP they were.

and trust me, the game is MUCH more balanced now than it used to be. Remember when Novas were useless? Or how the Chimaera had 4 codename slots and VHF armor? Or the freighter sized KuDes?

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Antonio - 11-06-2016

(11-06-2016, 12:39 AM)Harley.Quinn Wrote: @Antonio Why are you at all trying to hit 75% gunboats? Because they didn't feel 75% core on basic turrets?

Yes.

(11-06-2016, 12:39 AM)Harley.Quinn Wrote: P.S Back in 2010-2011, we used to fly unlawful Gunboats with Pirate IDs and faction turrets (most commonly Zoner Turrets). So we were living in a big lie and it was all a big unbalance? If I compared 2010 and 2016 I wouldn't say the game is more balanced now than it used to be.

That was before the core changes, and frankly I liked that system more (where you had to ask for permission from any faction if you wanted to use their tech, with no core nerf), but we roll with what we have. If you're using a 75% ship there should be a disadvantage, there was barely any before the basics nerf.