Discovery Gaming Community
Xoria for server administrator - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Xoria for server administrator (/showthread.php?tid=8664)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Xoria for server administrator - Varyag - 05-22-2008

two thumbs up!

Xoria for server administrator - centauri5pirate - 05-22-2008

Voted yes, it wasn't a hard decision for me....

Xoria for server administrator - mira - 05-22-2008

' Wrote:as i have left this server i still think it should be known my point of view.

i voted No as he has been hand picked on friendship value to other Admins rather than how good he will be.

this is and i am sad to say another case of the inner circle of friends helping in the Old boy network getting buddies into top jobs.

doing this will only destroy discovery not make it better.

cheers

sooo signed ;)

Xoria for server administrator - Angelfire - 05-22-2008

*throws in another two cents'.

Those who vote according to the likeability factor are making a mistake.

Think: 'what is good for this server' and not: 'what is good for me'.

Things that are good for you right now always change later.. this server needs great, dedicated, EFFICIENT Admins.

...And that Xoria certainly is!

Xoria for server administrator - caylith - 05-22-2008

I haven't read through all the pages of responses. I get the gist of it though. Lemme preface by saying that I was the one who nominated Xoria for the post. He's just as level-headed and collected as AC_Merc. He'd make a fine admin. No, he's not a skype 'friend'. No, we don't chat everyday. No, it's not an inner circle or elite/old guard thing. No, he's not a 'veteran'. Some of you have alluded to the fact that there are others who are more deserving of the job. By all means, let us know who you think would make a good admin. Just remember, we all have to agree on that person, trust them and their judgment and know that they'd work as part of the team.

I voted Yes. Duh.:D

Xoria for server administrator - Treewyrm - 05-22-2008

Pretty much it is about server maintenance and a community as a whole, so first and foremost my vote reflects those needs. I voted not out of personal reasons, I barely know him, but out of understanding what server needs in the current time, and what it does is more admin activity, hence more admins.

Who would be a better admin in my opinion, ha Caylith?

for the second time

Jinx and Malaclypse 666

:rolleyes:.......................................... :rolleyes:

I dont understand you admins, why did you opened this poll in a first place, when we all know that Xoria will be admin no matter what we all say.
Why dont we just get over with this, give him all admin rights and the end.
But just for the record you should think twice and look out for other members that have shown more dedication to discovery than Xoria did.
Open a new poll with few more names and then we will vote for the 1 we would like to see sitting in that leather admin chair

Xoria for server administrator - Angelfire - 05-22-2008

Ha! Caylith for Admin!

I thought Xoria was a chick with a deep voice!

Dang!

I'm retracting my vote!

Xoria for server administrator - Exsiled_one - 05-22-2008

here's the deal. They probably knew xoria will end up being an admin, but these no votes that have explained themselves have three times bigger impact and impression that a yes vote. There is enough of no votes to reflect on xoria and point out what he needs to pay attention to when he / if he becomes an admin.
I hope I explained well enough