Discovery Gaming Community
Firefly replacement. Done on 27.10.2013 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Firefly replacement. Done on 27.10.2013 (/showthread.php?tid=95363)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Firefly replacement. Done at 27.10.2013 - Pel - 10-28-2013

(10-27-2013, 10:41 PM)Treewyrm Wrote: Actually there is much better way than generating redundant and unnecessary geometry - exporting it from 3Ds max directly instead, vertex normals are then retained correctly. If you want I can do that for you, clean up the mesh and get it converted properly into FL.

Can you export from 3ds max to .cmp?

RE: Firefly replacement. Done at 27.10.2013 - Coin - 10-28-2013

(10-27-2013, 05:15 PM)Swallow Wrote:
(10-27-2013, 04:54 PM)Coin Wrote: nice. can you turn on the rear engines?
any chance that the weapon mounts are not 4 front and four rear?

Aerelm will turn them on, he is currently at the engine room, checking systems and fuelpipes.
And yes, I`ve made 6 forward, 4 straight right-left, 7 backward, and fine overlapping... But again, after the engines are being launched, Aerelm will run test on turret aiming system to adjust them properly... That room is located near the engine deck, right after the cargo bay... Just in case you would want to find Aerelm. Might be Blodo as well, though...Or Aeternus, depends on who will be on the shift.

Awesome. One of the major drawbacks of the ptrans is its looks, but that is counterbalanced by the firing arcs. The firefly was slightly larger, slightly prettier (the ptrans IS a garden shed), but the firing arcs sucked. The fact that the firefly was an import (i loved that show, can't bring myself to watch the season finale) was also a minor point.

Bump for devs. If swallow pulls his proverbial finger out and gets you all the files you need, can we include this in update four? I'm volunteering to write all sorts of infocards if you can make this happen.

Group hug for swallow

RE: Firefly replacement. Done at 27.10.2013 - Croft - 10-28-2013

Heres the infocards you wanted Swallow, let me know if you want something altered or rewritten. I've actually saved these verions Tongue

Serenity
Built in Bretonia during the Gallic Invasion, the Serenity is the second iteration in a line of robust cost effective ships constructed from mass produced sections, a method successfully pioneered by it’s smaller freighter class cousin the Tranquility.
The upshot of its modular construction lies in the ability to replace entire sections of damage quickly and cheaply, allowing captains to be spaceborne again well before any conventional ship can be repaired. This has made the Serenity a popular choice among pilots who traverse dangerous or unconventional routes.

Tranquility
A prototype for a new method of modular construction, the Tranquility marks the entry in a line of utilitarian ships designed to be rugged and cheap to maintain. Built in Bretonia during the Gallic Invasion, this freighter class ship departs from the standard all-round weapon coverage for a more aggressive, forward focused armament. Coupled with its pioneering construction method, allowing entire sections of the ship to be replaced at a fraction of the time and cost of a conventional ship, the Tranquility is an ideal vessel for those who prefer to brute force their way through hazardous situations.

RE: Firefly replacement. Done at 27.10.2013 - Coin - 10-28-2013

I accidentally grammar-nazi, what do?

(10-28-2013, 11:38 AM)Croft Wrote: Heres the infocards you wanted Swallow, let me know if you want something altered or rewritten. I've actually saved these verions Tongue

Serenity
Built in Bretonia during the Gallic Invasion, the Serenity is the second iteration in a line of robust, cost effective ships constructed from mass produced sections, a method successfully pioneered by it’s smaller freighter class cousin the Tranquility.
The upshot of its modular construction lies in the ability to replace entire sections of damage quickly and cheaply, allowing captains to be spaceborne again well before any conventional ship can be repaired. This has made the Serenity a popular choice among pilots who traverse dangerous or unconventional routes.

Preposition - verb agreements:
the second iteration of the robust cost-effective ship-line designed to be mass-produced from pre-fabricated sections,
the upshot of its modular construction is ease of replacement of entire damaged sections
(10-28-2013, 11:38 AM)Croft Wrote: Tranquility
A prototype for a new method of modular construction, the Tranquility marks the entry in a line of utilitarian ships designed to be rugged and cheap to maintain. Built in Bretonia during the Gallic Invasion, this freighter class ship departs from the standard all-round weapon coverage for a more aggressive, forward focused armament. Coupled with its pioneering construction method, allowing entire sections of the ship to be replaced at a fraction of the time and cost of a conventional ship, the Tranquility is an ideal vessel for those who prefer to brute force their way through hazardous situations.
Brute force cannot be used as a phrasal verb:

is an ideal method for those who prefer to use brute force in hazardous situations.

RE: Firefly replacement. Done at 27.10.2013 - Swallow - 10-28-2013

Uh...I am way unfamiliar with grammar, sorry, but could you edit it for me?

I'm aware they are far from grammatically correct, they are extremely rough first drafts knocked up in twenty minutes.

I see. No need to hurry up, actually, Max is having exams this week, so he won`t touch infocards so far...
Croft (and anyone wishing to), post your variants of the infocards here please...

Anything you think needs changing, removing or mentioning? Which company built it, why its sold all over Sirius etc?

It is all up to you - check the sellpoints and go ahead Smile
Contribute your ideas into it, mate.

And the only point I mentioned is that for transport, it might be wiser to use "captain" or "commander" or whoever else instead of "pilot"... But it is only how I used to see it, so might be wrong.

RE: Firefly replacement. Done at 27.10.2013 - Druen78 - 10-28-2013

WANT! O_O