Discovery Gaming Community
Buff Rotations - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Buff Rotations (/showthread.php?tid=120559)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Buff Rotations - Bubba2x4 - 06-25-2015

I like the idea of using freighter-only docks with crazy high prices to make trading in a freighter actually do-able. Currently freighters are completely useless for trading unless you're a brand new player and cant afford a big transport.

RE: Buff Rotations - Flinx - 06-25-2015

(06-25-2015, 04:37 PM)Bubba2x4 Wrote: I like the idea of using freighter-only docks with crazy high prices to make trading in a freighter actually do-able. Currently freighters are completely useless for trading unless you're a brand new player and cant afford a big transport.

+1 !

The only freighter dock I know is Leeds resistance

I would love to have at least 1 "small craft only" dock in every house area, and lets say 3-4 others for unlawfuls ect, scattered across sirius.

I even tried to request one as a SRP, at Houston.
Sadly I got the reply that it would be "against server policy"

I have not given up jet,
but without official faction status I suppose such an Idea would have to catch the fancy of a Dev, and can not be requested by a player over SRP

RE: Buff Rotations - Tyria Regalia - 06-25-2015

There are others. I know the Mollys, Rogues and Unioners have "Cruisers" that can only be docked by small craft. I don't believe they offer much in terms of smuggling opportunities however.

RE: Buff Rotations - Highland Laddie - 06-25-2015

I like the idea of freighter-only routes with higher pricing, but they should still not being making too much per run compared to a larger transport. I'm not saying your prices reflect that, but that's just something to keep in mind as a general rule. Otherwise, everybody will just ditch the transports and it will be freighters everywhere. I'm sure there's room for a nice middle-ground. It would definitely be a nice option for Smuggling.

RE: Buff Rotations - Vulkhard Muller - 06-25-2015

What could b cool would be Freighter only systems that cannot be entered for various reasons by jump drives ( massive system wide darkmatter storm anyone? ) and event were a random system has a darkmatter storm or something like that destabilized the jump holes making it only safe for snub craft to enter im sire the snub restriction is possible( fighter/freighter only area jump hole in conn)
Thoughts?

RE: Buff Rotations - Highland Laddie - 06-25-2015

Freighters don't need their own bloody system. They just need a means to be more useful in systems we already have.

RE: Buff Rotations - Mephistoles - 06-26-2015

I'm not a fan of freighter routes simply because freighters are very powerful in pvp. Traders are supposed to be vulnerable, so for this reason I think it's best to keep things the way they are.

RE: Buff Rotations - Sylvie557 - 06-26-2015

Yeah freighter cruise speeds kinda ruins any real chance of pirates catching the traders and these buff rotations are supposed to help create new interactions not just add a new route.

RE: Buff Rotations - Lythrilux - 06-26-2015

(06-26-2015, 04:35 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: I'm not a fan of freighter routes simply because freighters are very powerful in pvp. Traders are supposed to be vulnerable, so for this reason I think it's best to keep things the way they are.
To play the devils advocate, freighters are a lot worse when they have to fight two snubs. Even still, a trader can trade alone and thus a pirate should be able to pirate alone.

RE: Buff Rotations - FynnMcScrap - 06-26-2015

(06-26-2015, 04:43 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:
(06-26-2015, 04:35 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: I'm not a fan of freighter routes simply because freighters are very powerful in pvp. Traders are supposed to be vulnerable, so for this reason I think it's best to keep things the way they are.
To play the devils advocate, freighters are a lot worse when they have to fight two snubs. Even still, a trader can trade alone and thus a pirate should be able to pirate alone.

*sighs deeply*

Im usually not into "final nail" type of QQ, but :

WHY must all stuff be balanced towards the "bioggest" and " most profitable" ??

If you add a Freighter route or two, let them have more or harder to pass pivotal points. Or simply let them be dangerous... but generally this game is killing an freighter play to RP only, as the only ship class its "profitable" to fly is transports.

So I can evade a Pirate in a Freighter if he is not sitting in a fighter class ship.... and you have to decide between flying a bomber or combat transport to pirate, or fly a fighter and only hunt Freighters ?

Sounds like scissor <> stone <> paper to me, balanced enough. Where is the problem ?

I always try to build up teamwork projects and give small ships a chance, and get gunned down for "balance" ???

Sounds unbalanced to the Cap side to me ;-)