Discovery Gaming Community
Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event (/showthread.php?tid=148652)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Thunderer - 03-12-2017

When's the next event?

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Shaggy - 03-12-2017

This could be a lesson learned for all, make sure everything is in place before requesting an event, look at the Tau-44 one for example, it was months old, I re-requested it but was in a similar situation as this where one side done alot of work for the event and the other side didn't have much input on said event and retracted from the event. It could be a lesson depending on which way you take things.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Cursetantine - 03-12-2017

Dunno about the balance of the event, but I was willing to log a transport for any ID since a while, oh well, next time I guess.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Jeremy Hunter - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 05:01 PM)sindroms Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 04:58 PM)Auzari Wrote: Doesn't help how the Admins just literally don't care.

Thanks.

Yes, that reminds me.
You are not getting the NEMP refunded.

Spazzy, I got my issues with how this event went, but not refunding the NEMP is a bit mean. If all effects are cancelled, let them have it back so they can actually use it elsewhere.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - sindroms - 03-12-2017

On a related note.
The issue here is that this is not a NEMP bomb event. It is an official event requested via the official event thread, which just happened to involve a NEMP bomb in it. Had this been ''just a nemp bomb'' event, I doubt this would have been an issue. But of course the moment some sort of RP consequences are on the table, especially when it comes to bases - oh well.

The next event will happen next week.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Calo - 03-12-2017

Why not to just close this thread and let it go on Skype or Discord between faction leaders, Admins and pretty much everyone involved. Toxicity is not what we want to show to the new players, and while I believe issue is really hard to solve in here - it's not a way Discovery should go. The main problem why such a situation ever happened is lack of cooperation - not only between players and factions but also on line players-staff. On the other hand, forcing factions into things they openly said they do not want is also a huge mistake.

Do we really want to go back to circle-jerking and childish hate again?

Because we are on a good way to do so.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Jeremy Hunter - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 05:09 PM)sindroms Wrote: On a related note.
The issue here is that this is not a NEMP bomb event. It is an official event requested via the official event thread, which just happened to involve a NEMP bomb in it. Had this been ''just a nemp bomb'' event, I doubt this would have been an issue. But of course the moment some sort of RP consequences are on the table, especially when it comes to bases - oh well.

I didn't know that.

As for RP consequences - I was talking with many people in a single chat, Clav, Justin, Gaians, and indie Order for this, and maintained I would be willing to negotiate Atum driven out of Inverness.

My only question was - what would Auxesia have truly lost?

Who knows.

Sorry for the trouble and headache I gave.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - sindroms - 03-12-2017

This should have been handled before this event was proposed.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Kauket - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 05:15 PM)Jeremy Hunter Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 05:09 PM)sindroms Wrote: On a related note.

I didn't know that.

As for RP consequences - I was talking with many people in a single chat, Clav, Justin, Gaians, and indie Order for this, and maintained I would be willing to negotiate Atum driven out of Inverness.

My only question was - what would Auxesia have truly lost?

Who knows.

Sorry for the trouble and headache I gave.

People. Supplies. Ships. Would probably decomission some of the boats. And a lot of inRP butt-smacking would be ordered for failing. Probably another major loss would be that there's a hostile ship roaming around. Doesn't matter now.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Mao - 03-12-2017

I know there was a vote a few days back with the next location for an event and Gallia won (I think). Will the next event happen in Gallia?