Discovery Gaming Community
unpopular opinions thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: unpopular opinions thread (/showthread.php?tid=179734)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: unpopular opinions thread - Thunderer - 06-10-2020

Lucas: Git gud urselves, then balance fights

Lucas: *Gits gud*

Also Lucas: *Doesn't balance fights*

RE: unpopular opinions thread - Traxit - 06-10-2020

(06-10-2020, 08:52 AM)Auzari Wrote: the majority of pvp aces usually have a fragile ego and usually join the winning side or band up together because they're scared of losing

:^)

pierced straight through us all, let's not forget the cap people too which are guilty for the same crimes.

RE: unpopular opinions thread - Thunderer - 06-10-2020

(06-10-2020, 12:02 PM)Traxit Wrote: pierced straight through us all, let's not forget the cap people too which are guilty for the same crimes.

I know I'm not! Everyone who I train always switches to the enemy's side and kills me! It just keeps happening, I'm shooting myself in the foot by training the whole bunch... Ungrateful sods...

RE: unpopular opinions thread - Grumblesaur - 06-10-2020

(06-10-2020, 11:41 AM)Hubjump Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 08:52 AM)Auzari Wrote: the majority of pvp aces usually have a fragile ego and usually join the winning side or band up together because they're scared of losing

:^)

Their egos cause them to stick to who they know and... Wait no that's basically what you said. How ever I'd say that mainly goes for Snub aces.
And since not everyone likes caps what tends to happen is well you know... It's not fun when your side is sure to lose the snub fight that you're apart of.

Who has the more fragile ego, the snub ace that practiced enough to get good, or the scrub that gets mad about being on the wrong end of a blue message?

RE: unpopular opinions thread - Hubjump - 06-10-2020

(06-10-2020, 08:57 PM)Grumblesaur Wrote: Who has the more fragile ego, the snub ace that practiced enough to get good, or the scrub that gets mad about being on the wrong end of a blue message?

Both.
They're both that.
It's just that one is on the other end more often because of experience.

Edit: Also I have met a great amount of hollow cap players who quit disco all together. It's a shame they just expect to be good without understanding what needs to improve. As for my self well... If anyone here has access to the chat logs going back to 2014 you'll find my caps have exploded more times then I can imagine. It really does take time and practice to get good.

(06-10-2020, 09:09 PM)Hubjump Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 08:57 PM)Grumblesaur Wrote: Who has the more fragile ego, the snub ace that practiced enough to get good, or the scrub that gets mad about being on the wrong end of a blue message?

Both.
They're both that.
It's just that one is on the other end more often because of experience.

Edit: Also I have met a great amount of hollow cap players who quit disco all together. It's a shame they just expect to be good without understanding what needs to improve. As for my self well... If anyone here has access to the chat logs going back to 2014 you'll find my caps have exploded more times then I can imagine. It really does take time and practice to get good.

Considering the humility and willingness to fail that is implicit in and inextricable from the commitment to practice and self-improvement, no. Wrong answer. Perhaps a skilled player suffers little indignity at the hands of their opponents now, but that's not to say they haven't paid their dues along the way.

Asking for blue messages to be removed is asking for the server to cater to one's ego. It's asking for an exemption from the natural consequences of gameplay. Putting in the hours of practice to get good enough to score those blue messages is participating in the server's game environment, and is a behavior to be encouraged in a multiplayer game.

RE: unpopular opinions thread - Hemlocke - 06-10-2020

Remove blues.... are you trying to piss off everyone?

RE: unpopular opinions thread - Squad - 06-10-2020

Unpopular opinions are unpopular. If you want to have a discussion about gameplay, take it there.

(06-10-2020, 09:58 PM)Squad Wrote: Unpopular opinions are unpopular. If you want to have a discussion about gameplay, take it there.

1. If we're going to have a thread about unpopular opinions, it stands to reason that we examine why they are unpopular.
2. Because we're examining why an opinion/idea is unpopular, we're on topic.
3. You're getting after us because on topic in the off-topic forum, which is advertised as "COMPLETE AND TOTAL ANARCHY (within the scope of the rules, of course)".

Here's an (apparently) unpopular opinion:

Flood should be minimally moderated.

RE: unpopular opinions thread - Erremnart - 06-10-2020

Best start for newbie player is to don't expect to kill anything, and roleplay rookie. Skill will come in time.
When it's accepted, then it's impossible to be mad about PvP death.