Discovery Gaming Community
System Ideas - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: System Ideas (/showthread.php?tid=2452)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

System Ideas - Commodore - 02-28-2007

A question: What does "unable to find 'empty_resources.dll'" mean?

System Ideas - Dab - 02-28-2007

It means it cannot find that .dll file.. Meaning you deleted it or moved it into a different file somewhere outside the Freelancer mod/game file.

It says it cant find it in the main directory, and I did not move it.

System Ideas - Nightfall - 02-28-2007

How I think the rumours should sound, a few from Omicron-85:

Quote:They say that the "Ghosts of Razgriz" still exist, the remains of Planet Corsica being their home. I heard that they are building Dreadnoughts out there.

I think it's completely justified to mention the GoR that way. It makes them possible to exist but not necessarily so. Even if they disappear, it's an Outcast special squad that existed and did leave a trace here anyway. Now don't copycat this, think of something your own.

Quote:Edmundo Razgriz was a great pilot and explorer. We owe a lot to him. The Don gave him complete autonomy to rule on Corsica.

This one justifies the name of the Razgriz Black Hole and the Ghosts of Razgriz and giving out some info/justification to the existance of the Corsica Outer Sanctum as a Space Arch - there was autonomy of rule on Corsica, there was a powerful rich man to build such a thing...

Again, don't copycat.

@Commodore: what do you mean by
Quote:How was that black hole made in the medium white = medium black hole mod?

how did they make that BH?

System Ideas - Dab - 02-28-2007

Lucky Nightfall.. Its gonna be difficult, if even possible to mention Luciaden, or even the AW in any way..

Commodore, what BH? More details.

The black hole that was replacing the sun in that mod you talked about.

' Wrote:[sarcasm]
The dilithium crystals are creating a positron field leaving a neutron trail for the tricorder to read, thus enabling our photon powered neutrino bombs do whatever mindbogglingly outrageous thing they are supposed to do... which I'll stop making up 'cause my brain hurts of talking rubbish:)
[/sarcasm]
Yes, and a few people can confirm me having those what I said, I also have posted some screens around the forum. I can look for those and repost if you really want that. I wouldn't post the list of features in public, I'll PM it to you if you want.
An Unknown system sounds like a good idea on the other hand, we do have two Nomad cities already... I also like the industrial zone idea, we could use a few of those.

So ill make those. Don't copy them.

Not sure what you mean there, I haven't seen that one, there is a Black Hole Mod that comes with the FLMM though it's spinning annoyingly fast and takes quite some cpu/gpu time so I made mine spin barely noticeably. That one is made of three objects: the black hole itself, the rings and the gravity well.

I don't know any medium white = medium black...

edit:... And yeah, making an ice system for Tau-63 [Blood Dragons/NovaPG] and not copying:)

' Wrote:FMM's creator had that idea before, there's a mod that replaces New York's sun with it:D
( http://lancersreactor.com/t/forum/topic.as...amp;Forum_ID=18 )

I mean how they made that one

' Wrote:Not sure what you mean there, I haven't seen that one, there is a Black Hole Mod that comes with the FLMM though it's spinning annoyingly fast and takes quite some cpu/gpu time so I made mine spin barely noticeably. That one is made of three objects: the black hole itself, the rings and the gravity well.

I don't know any medium white = medium black hole...

I mean the replacment of the medium white

now about my dll problem, how do I fix it?

' Wrote:I mean how they made that one
I mean the replacment of the medium white

now about my dll problem, how do I fix it?
Hmm, that's the same script I used (I changed it a bit), as for replacing a star, put the object you want to replace it with at the same coordinates and delete/comment out the object you want replaced.

you need to find that dll and put it back where it belongs (most probably ...\Freelancer\EXE\ folder)