Discovery Gaming Community
=LSF= Comments processing center (Feedback) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: =LSF= Comments processing center (Feedback) (/showthread.php?tid=33169)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

=LSF= Comments processing center - Narendran87 - 04-17-2012

Gforce, read the logs yourself. It did seem you wanted to OORP. We werent interested in getting blue messages either. I did try to give you a chance to leave without cubes. What you wanted to do did mess our day too.

=LSF= Comments processing center - Gforce - 04-17-2012

The first encounter was RP'd, it would have been an interesting mix of RP resulting in PvP, but no, the gunboat showed up. Sorry to say, but anyone will tell you a gunboat and a bomber against any transport means the transport looses. So, I tried the next best thing, surprise attack, try and insta the weaker target (bomber) then hope to either kill or escape the larger target (gunboat). Didn't work, oh well.

Now, with our base only 1 load away from the upgrade, and 1:30 in the morning, I wanted that load, badly. So I pulled another card, luring the bomber to the hole, getting him to jump while I waited on the other side, haha, it worked, I got around you. Too bad I wasn't watching my scanner fully. Now the bounty hunter comes into play. If you have the logs from the bomber. You should clearly see a line from my transport saying 5 million on that GRN bomber. GRN is bountied, bounty hunter starts shooting, go figure. So now it's a gunboat and bomber against another gunboat and transport. Little more fair. Ah, but simple numbers demand I die yet again.

GRN gunboat gets killed, hunter gets paid 10 million. So while yes what I did was lame in your eyes, there's no need for all of you to spam the feedback of this faction. I left the faction, now how about you leave the faction alone?

=LSF= Comments processing center - Internity - 04-17-2012

Soooo much noise made over some poor cryocubes...holy...

I don't even want to imagine what could have happened if there would have been two or three transports instead of one.

=LSF= Comments processing center - Alley - 04-17-2012

I'm not sure what they're complaining about is the fact the LSF was there with cryocubes. It looks like it's rather about the whole OORP that ensured and the continuous attempts at still going out with the cryocubes, while a logical choice would have been to leave without the cargo as you were killed (choice that was offered apparently, but disregarded with a NO U) or simply wait for a bit.

=LSF= Comments processing center - Disco - 04-17-2012

' Wrote:The only thing I want to ask is how Gallic factions intend to get their hands on Xenobiotic Filters for base core upgrades.

Gonna RP with planetform?

A big part of me wonders how Sirius is full of bases when it didn't have access to Cryocubes for 800+ years.

RP to get grubby hands on cryocubes/other commodities exclusive to each house is the same as RP to get your hands on some shiny weapons or a Katana VHF (before the tech nerf chart at least). It's simply a means to an end, filler for something that needs to happen anyway. A lot of RP for guns/ships before was like this, and people criticised it as it was clearly obvious that the RP was a means to an end rather than an end in itself. Now people are demanding that kind of RP back...

Actually, if you had a look at some of IDFs role play, you can see right now we have a deal with the Rheinland Police. We give them Cyrocubes, they supply us with Filters. This what LSF should be doing with some unlawful Gallic faction.

=LSF= Comments processing center - McNeo - 04-17-2012

Given that the only sell-point is Cold Bay Depot in Hudson, what you've done is just passed on the problem and made up an excuse to do precisely what I described.

Not that either of you have a choice if you want to have bases, of course.

=LSF= Comments processing center - Disco - 04-17-2012

' Wrote:Given that the only sell-point is Cold Bay Depot in Hudson, what you've done is just passed on the problem and made up an excuse to do precisely what I described.

Not that either of you have a choice if you want to have bases, of course.

So you're saying it's a bad thing to role play, if you are doing it for a specific reason? Role play is based on gains and losses. I'm sure as hell not going to talk to someone for no reason, and be all 'Oh, I wanna be your friend for no reason, and we both don't gain anything.' I want a relationship between factions to be something that gives a gain for both factions. Sure as hell beats just docking on the station. Welcome to diplomacy.

=LSF= Comments processing center - McNeo - 04-17-2012

' Wrote:So you're saying it's a bad thing to role play, if you are doing it for a specific reason? Role play is based on gains and losses. I'm sure as hell not going to talk to someone for no reason, and be all 'Oh, I wanna be your friend for no reason, and we both don't gain anything.' I want a relationship between factions to be something that gives a gain for both factions. Sure as hell beats just docking on the station. Welcome to diplomacy.

When the specific reason exists because of external influences such as rules and economics construction rather than evolution.... yes, I'm saying its a bad thing. To me, it's unnatural because the influences to do that "RP" lie outside of the game environment. Of course, that wont stop me or anyone else doing it for personal gain, but it does mean that you can't justify your actions solely within the game environment.

And then, there is a whole chunk of roleplay in the stories section that's done by people who aren't seeking any specific gain.

=LSF= Comments processing center - Skullz - 04-17-2012

' Wrote:I'm not sure what they're complaining about is the fact the LSF was there with cryocubes. It looks like it's rather about the whole OORP that ensured and the continuous attempts at still going out with the cryocubes, while a logical choice would have been to leave without the cargo as you were killed (choice that was offered apparently, but disregarded with a NO U) or simply wait for a bit.

This is the last post we will give on this. The evidence against our member at the time given by your members clearly show that your member started OORP Q_Q'ing. I really find that this is really poor and has already upset several of our members.

To all =LSF= members: unless asked by a member in the =LSF= High command please refrain from responding in this thread, thank you.

=LSF= Comments processing center - West - 04-21-2012

We from [KNF] are sorry for that BS in Ellesmere just now. It's indie Battleship that put our tag on it.
We forgot to lock our tag, tho now we have done it, once again sorry.

On the other hand, two days ago we got =LSF= transport in Hiroshima, care to explain? 1 2 He ofcourse silently run away.