Discovery Gaming Community
White Cells and Faction Permissions - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: White Cells and Faction Permissions (/showthread.php?tid=61470)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Zelot - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:It's not an opinion so much as an observation.

My opinion would be that you're acting like a spoiled brat, who thinks the world revolves around them, and that you need to get your feet back on the ground and realise that being a faction leader doesn't make you a God.

With great power comes great responsibility, but absolute power corrupts absolutely.

And it's quite apparant that the Corsair leadership has become quite corrupt with power.

You're gonna get requests whether you like it or not. On the off chance there's a tech request you'll agree to then I think you owe it to them to read through them.

If you don't wanna read them, then get someone who does want to.

If the policy of the Council is not to give out our tech to outsiders, why should I violate that policy? And if I do, how is that fair to everyone else?

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Garrett Jax - 06-14-2011

Disagreements are fine, personal insults are not. Please distinguish the difference.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - tansytansey - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:Perhaps you should refrain from forming opinions until such a time as you are knowledgeable in regards to the subject?

Reaver poker chip in your avatar is enough for me to form an opinion. Isn't Zelot in the Reavers too? Or at least used to be if he's not now? Funny that... Also quite funny how the Corsairs seem to be so stingy with their tech, yet were so willing to give them out to the Reavers.

Oh... hm, maybe that's all a coincidence, never mind. Everyone knows the Reaver circle jerk conspiracy is just a big conspiracy theory, right? No one would suggest that.

' Wrote:If the policy of the Council is not to give out our tech to outsiders, why should I violate that policy? And if I do, how is that fair to everyone else?
You've given tech in the past, how is that fair to everyone in the future?

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Hexx - 06-14-2011

To everyone who thinks I'm ignoring them, I'm not. It's a fast moving forum, I'm busy juggling multiple things, and not each and every single post can be replied to personally. Also, your points are addressed in other replies. Just because the post isn't direct right at you doesn't mean it doesn't address your point. Read again if you think otherwise, and if I did indeed miss something you said, post it again.

And to Daedric, I'm sick of this. She is my character, and bluntly put, you don't know what you're talking about. You only have a portion of information about her that I've tried to explain. You did not write the story behind her character. You did not play her out in game. You did not create her, and who she was, as a personality. I did, and I know who she is. You do not.

I focus everything on RP, as such I always pick the ID that fits the CHARACTER best. I did just that in her case. That's all there is to it. If you think otherwise, I'm sorry, you're entitled to your opinion, but in this case it doesn't concern you.

Also, I specifically told you that this topic is not about my ancient character that no longer even exists. I asked nicely for you to drop the conversation about her. You didn't. I then demanded it, and you still go on about it. You're irritating me at this point, Daedric.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Daedric - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:Reaver poker chip in your avatar is enough for me to form an opinion. Isn't Zelot in the Reavers too? Or at least used to be if he's not now? Funny that... Also quite funny how the Corsairs seem to be so stingy with their tech, yet were so willing to give them out to the Reavers.

Oh... hm, maybe that's all a coincidence, never mind. Everyone knows the Reaver circle jerk conspiracy is just a big conspiracy theory, right? No one would suggest that.

Ah, so you admit to forming your opinion based on personal bias. Yes, Zelot is a Reaver. Did Zelot approve the request for Corsair tech the Reavers made? No. The Council made the Reavers work their arses off.

As I said, perhaps you should be more knowledgeable on the subject before you open....excuse me....put your foot in your mouth.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - tansytansey - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:No. The Council made the Reavers work their arses off.
So why can't other people work their asses off too? Or are only bias tech permissions allowed by the Corsairs?

White Cells and Faction Permissions - SnakThree - 06-14-2011

Please post evidence of leader abusing technology distribution.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Zelot - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:Reaver poker chip in your avatar is enough for me to form an opinion. Isn't Zelot in the Reavers too? Or at least used to be if he's not now? Funny that... Also quite funny how the Corsairs seem to be so stingy with their tech, yet were so willing to give them out to the Reavers.

You've given tech in the past, how is that fair to everyone in the future?

There has never been a tech deal in the history of discovery that required more work from the people getting the tech than the Reavers deal with the Corsairs. To suggest otherwise is just stupid.

The major reason the Corsairs are no longer giving out tech is that the Reavers burned them, took the guns and what not and then started killing Corsairs. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

But sure, go around crying conspiracy when you find yourself without a leg to stand on.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Hexx - 06-14-2011

I've gotta go, so sorry if I don't reply. Thank you everyone for the discussion.

In closing...

' Wrote:It's Hexx against the world.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Daedric - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:And to Daedric, I'm sick of this. She is my character, and bluntly put, you don't know what you're talking about. You only have a portion of information about her that I've tried to explain. You did not write the story behind her character. You did not play her out in game. You did not create her, and who she was, as a personality. I did, and I know who she is. You do not.

I focus everything on RP, as such I always pick the ID that fits the CHARACTER best. I did just that in her case. That's all there is to it. If you think otherwise, I'm sorry, you're entitled to your opinion, but in this case it doesn't concern you.

Also, I specifically told you that this topic is not about my ancient character that no longer even exists. I asked nicely for you to drop the conversation about her. You didn't. I then demanded it, and you still go on about it. You're irritating me at this point, Daedric.

I do know what I am talking about, you just happen to disagree with me. That is called having an opinion. It is good to have your opinion, I have mine. As Prim pointed out, you can write up a valid reason for almost anything, I'm sure you could write up a valid reason for her to have a Merc ID.

You're right, I don't know all of the details about her. As I said, I am operating off the information you presented as an example. You can't use something as an example and then cite information you didn't post.

This is a public forum, you have no right nor authority to demand a thing of me. You used her as an example, I merely countered your example. If you can't deal with open debate, perhaps you should refrain from posting in discussion threads. Or creating them for that matter.