Discovery Gaming Community
Xoria for server administrator - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Xoria for server administrator (/showthread.php?tid=8664)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Xoria for server administrator - mira - 05-22-2008

' Wrote:here's the deal. They probably knew xoria will end up being an admin, but these no votes that have explained themselves have three times bigger impact and impression that a yes vote. There is enough of no votes to reflect on xoria and point out what he needs to pay attention to when he / if he becomes an admin.
I hope I explained well enough

m8 no one will listen to us

// Udri nogom oplocu nek ti sise klopocu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! za tog novog kandidata

Xoria for server administrator - gezza999 - 05-22-2008

If the poll had 100% No, then, Igiss would have guessed he's doing something nobody wants. Correct? Just, a lot of people think he will make a good admin.

You double posted, you're in no position to tell Igiss what to do. He appoints the administrators for the server... Not you, right? Or do you have the " I made this mod" badge somewhere? If you want to nominate other people for the admin position, maybe, PM Igiss? With a reason? Not, "MAKE JINX AND MALACLYPSE ADMIN, do it NOW!"

We will all say? Haven't you noticed the... LARGE number of posts, praising Xoria, saying he'll make a good admin, I'm sure he will take onboard the criticism that we have laid down too.

"// Udri nogom oplocu nek ti sise klopocu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! za tog novog kandidata"

That doesn't sound like English somehow. It's an English only server, an English only forum. Say what you're saying there, in English.

' Wrote:If the poll had 100% No, then, Igiss would have guessed he's doing something nobody wants. Correct? Just, a lot of people think he will make a good admin.

You double posted, you're in no position to tell Igiss what to do. He appoints the administrators for the server... Not you, right? Or do you have the " I made this mod" badge somewhere? If you want to nominate other people for the admin position, maybe, PM Igiss? With a reason? Not, "MAKE JINX AND MALACLYPSE ADMIN, do it NOW!"
We will all say? Haven't you noticed the... LARGE number of posts, praising Xoria, saying he'll make a good admin, I'm sure he will take onboard the criticism that we have laid down too.

"// Udri nogom oplocu nek ti sise klopocu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! za tog novog kandidata"

That doesn't sound like English somehow. It's an English only server, an English only forum. Say what you're saying there, in English.

i am not telling him what to do cause i know he will not listen to me,admins have last word and if you ask me this poll is silly, just make him admin

about 2 members i named it was my opinion that they would be a better admin...I still have right on my own opinion dont I?

udri nogom oplocu nek ti sise klopocu is a name of chocolate factory

Xoria for server administrator - frozen - 05-22-2008

lets put it this way. your opinion stays yours, but you do not have the right to try and force someone to agree with you. you voted no, fine. you try and make your point valid to others fine, but you try and force others to agree with you, thats where the problem is atm, mate.

also, stick to english on the forums. whats there to hide in another language? unless your saying something entirely else in there, and putting a different translation down, to mislead?

Xoria for server administrator - Clayph - 05-22-2008

In fact mira, Igiss can do whatever the hell he wants to with his mod. The fact that there is a poll is
sign of Igiss' will to listen to the community. You are just constantly spamming this thread with your whining
about Xoria being an admin. Bad luck, majority of community wants him, if you don't like it - leave, no one
holds you here. Igiss and the admin team will choose the right person to candidate. I for one fully agree with them in this matter.

Btw. the translation from webpage -

Udri nogom oplocu nek ti sise klopocu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! za tog novog kandidata

Play football till your impregnable boobs rumble! For your new candidate!

(It's certainly not perfect, but I am 100% sure it's not anything good.:mellow:)

EDIT: Tony why do you vote, when you have left the server? It shouldn't concern you at all...:dry:

Xoria for server administrator - McNeo - 05-22-2008

I agree with Clayph. No one can simply say "you're wrong" without justifying it. And Mira, you arent justifying it at all. You are simply accusing the yaysayers of kissing up to the admins, which is completely wrong on your part as well as Tony's.

In which case, you would've accused me that same thing when Hood was elected to be an admin, right?

If you have an opinion, you have the ability to share it. But you shouldnt force it on others. Besides, this is exactly the place not to do it, because it will elicit a reaction from everyone, regardless of whether we voted "yes"or "no". And that reaction will not be favourable for you.

**Deja Vu strikes me directly into the head**

perfect example of when a B.I.G. says jump we all jump

jump around whoa whoa whoa

you got it all wrong thats all i will say for now

Xoria for server administrator - chovynz - 05-22-2008

I vote yes.

With "power" comes change. With change some things will get shown up. If Xoria is not the right person for the job, then that will show itself later down the road. He wont have absolute power, but he will certainly have more than "us". If that changes him for the worse that will show up as well.

On the other hand a person won't be able to see what he's capable of unless someone gives him the chance. I think there has been sufficient "Naysayers" comments that will help Xoria to be a better admin than a flat out 100% yes vote.

I think many people overlook that fact that admining is not about power but mostly about slog. What's that you say? Slog is wading through the crap that jealous people throw at you. Slog is moderating the things that shouldnt go in certain places. Slog is looking at the thousand cheaters and saying how can we fix this for the good of the game? It's dealing with the millionth complaint of lag/sanction/oorp/ooc/slinging contest that arises from one persons action. It's dealing with the Vets and newbies together and walking the razor edge of falling into the lions teeth or losing an appeal to the mod.

It's facing criticism from every side (including inside) and being able to hold a straight course despite the very personal attacks that certainly come.

Xoria, you have my vote. Do your best. I don't envy you.

Xoria for server administrator - Teknikal - 05-22-2008

I voted yes the majority of the members who know him better than I feel he's a good candidate and that's enough for me.

Xoria for server administrator - caylith - 05-22-2008

Wow Mira. Calm down, okay? All I wanted was some constructive criticism and names of those you think would make a good admin. No need to get upset. We do take into consideration the no's. But so far it's been no's for: 'I really don't know why but I have a bad feeling', 'I don't know him', 'There are better choices'. Not really much for him to work off of if he does become an admin. Insulting in another language is not the way to go about it. Don't do it again.

Hyung has got it nailed on the head. Being an admin is more a headache than anything. We want someone who can shoulder that responsibility and who is going stick through all the hard times. That's why Xoria's name came up.

Cay