Discovery Gaming Community
Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" (/showthread.php?tid=99185)

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Eduard - 08-09-2013

Robert lifted his hand upwards as its elbow was supporting it on the though, nicely crafted, wooden table, as if Robert wanted to announce a reply over Lucius' commentary.

He refrained. " Morals possess little relevance. They do nothing but provide a consternating impediment towards one's true potential and overall efficiency " this thought emerged in the deepest entrails of his mind.

But carefully listening to the rest of Lucius' talk, Robert realized he couldn't materialize this thought of his through the use of his vocal chords and transmit it forth towards Lucius as it would do nothing but escalate into a possibly inconvenient and uncomfortable conversation.

And thus, he looked for a way to drift the discussion towards another subject:

" Implying the existence of any individual who doesn't possess at least an ounce of morality is absolutely hypocritical, monsieur " he said.

" In the entirety of my honesty, you will never see such hypocrisy originating from me. " he said, accompanying this reply with a faint smile

The next moment, Robert reached for his pocket which found itself at the right side of his chest. His left hand carefully smuggled a cigarette from the tight confines of the same pocket.

He grabbed it tactfully and delicately in his both hands which slowly and carefully unrolled the sheet of paper surrounding the insides. A soft mass of pink was revealed.

That mass of pink was then carefully positioned inside Robert's mouth by his left hand following by a subtle mastication procedure.

" Would you mind if I indulge myself with some bubble gum, monsieur? " he said, taking another of those cigarettes out of his pocket and showing it to Lucius, suggesting an offer, if he ever decided to grab one as well.

" This... Bounty Hunter business " he muttered, looking at the side of the table, obliviously.

" ... If you would permit me, monsieur, I would like to indulge my curiosity and ask you a question regarding this kind of business and these most benevolent and valorous morals of yours " he said, innocently, drifting his view back to Lucius.

He then leaned on the table, closing himself towards Lucius. With a more subtle tone, inaudible to any would be creepers, he asked:

" May I inquire your opinion on the Order? "

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Lythrilux - 08-09-2013

" Would you mind if I indulge myself with some bubble gum, monsieur? "...
Lux noticed that he was being offered a piece of gum by Robert after the statement. He accepted the offer, however he didn't place it into his mouth just yet as he was about to talk.
" May I inquire your opinion on the Order? "
The Order... a term Lux was familiar with. He had run into them on many occasions, often turning a blind eye over having to shoot them. He felt morally objected to not fire upon them. In his mind, he believed The Order were the good guys and the Core were either simply in the way of The Order or the Core was the evil itself. A feeling he had been having for some time due to his 'Sixth Sense' as he became to call it. He reverted to his serious manner, like the one before.
"The Order.... hm?" Lux leaned towards Robert. It was of the utmost importance that the message he was about to convey wouldn't be heard beyond this table.
"I like The Order. Yeah, it's odd I know. Someone in the B H G who likes enemy".
He looked around him with discretion, making sure no one was looking his way.
"I think The Order are doing what is right, they're... eliminating threats to humanity...".
"All this talk about the Core being protectors of humanity... it's false. It is all a lie that has been created via their immense wealth and connections in house governments... they seek nothing but control and power. People say the governments are corrupt.. well... once they meet the Core, their opinion might change".
He then reached into his pocket and withdrew the gum he had gained earlier. He unwrapped it from it's packet and placed it into his mouth and chewed.
"I won't be surprised if after the Core has finished with the Order, the zoners in the Omicrons are next... followed by the machines".
"And I bet you one last, other thing. Something the house governments would never see coming...".
Lux paused for a moment, then collected his thoughts in order to bind together the radical statement he was just about to make.
"Once the Core is finished with the Omicrons, I bet you house space will be next".

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Eduard - 08-09-2013

" And what if the Order will achieve their objectives of "saving" humanity? What do you think they will do next? " he replied with a sour, dried tone.

This conversation clearly surprised Robert, he didn't expect to hear such colourful opinions from someone of Lucius' caliber.

Lucius also embodied a rare honesty. Honesty was, in Robert's opinion, a very rare commodity and it was always an appealing sight to notice someone sporting that commodity, even though Robert knew he didn't possessed that commodity himself.

" How come you didn't join their cause? " he queried, tormented by his curiosity awakened by the gist of this illustrious conversation

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - JaaY - 08-09-2013

"Kenji is.... well...Well, no actually, he's still slicing into people. Currently we've got him down at the iso' suite, still running the spreadsheets of blisteringly disinteresting data extracted from that irritating Arlston type. NOX research and all that tirade; amusing until they vomit over your shoes.. Mind you, now he's done his service I'm still looking for an alternate replacement to continue the tests; Arlston's been stuck in a state of blissful serenity for a number of hours now, and I'm quite concerned at the possibility of him pis<expletive>sing himself or what-will-have-you. Ah, well..."

"Hm...strange. What do you know about Kenji? Did he mentioned his past once? I think I know even more about Susan than about him."

Sean drew himself up, looked at his watch and rubbed his eyes.

"I really don't know what to think about him. I mean, he isn't unfriendly, but...something makes me feel uncomfortable about him fiddling with..."*whispers*"...What if something goes wrong? Are there enough guards in the R'n'D wing?"

Sean sighs, scratching his head and took a look at Achille's glass.

"However, I guess we'll see what the future brings. At least we have enough alcohol when a disaster descends on us."

"...It appears the wine isn't going to cut it, my Bretonian comrade. Indeed, I do concur with you on the subject of shots... Fire at me whatever you have friend, just ensure it's reasonably potent, suitably debilitating and won't blind me within a millisecond of it's consumption.

"Ha! We got some of that stuff aswell. Just let me know when you feel like having a hangover with blackout."

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Lythrilux - 08-10-2013

Lux meditated on the words Robert had just said. What would the Order do next? That was a hard question to answer, and even harder to think about.
"Y'know Robert, I honestly don't know what the Order will do next. I mean, their purpose would've run out..." Lux paused for a moment "They'd probably just vanish and turn into myth and legend. At least that's what I hope will happen".
Then Lux thought about Robert's second question. He already had a response though, it was simple why he didn't join them.
"If I joined The Order, I'd have my ass bounties to hell and back. I'd lose connections within house space too". Lux then leant back in his chair, hands on the back of his head.
"Besides, I think I can do a better job through my way. The Order wouldn't want me hunting criminals. The leash might be too tight".

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Enkidu - 08-10-2013

"...Quite possibly now I think..." Achille reeled, the alcohol searing his skull. "...My God, that's quite repulsive, exactly what is this concoction, acid?" He grinned, reeling slightly."

"Ah, oui, Kenji. Well, he's quite the oddball; level headed yes, but highly focused... dedicated, you might say. Expecially with a certain... subject considered."

He grinned conspiratorially, eyes tracking the Order agent as he strode towards the hangar. "And good riddance to you too..." Achille grimaced. "...One hundred and twenty million at your back, dieu man, you're in for it. Quite rightly of course."

"...The subject being (of course), the matter of the infected. Oui, there is an element of potential risk when handling xenotypes, but the gains... well, see for yourself."

"...It is my belief that the race known scientifically as the K'hara an in laymans terms as the nomads, may prove inherently reasonable. They're not killing machines, nor are they predatory. To elaborate; they are otherworldly, an introduction to an otherwise disintresting balance. As with all invasive species, they'll either displace, consume, breed with or merely disappear under the influences of their primary competitors; humanity, namely."

"...Yet we are not animals, either of our races. We're determined individuals, both seeking an aspect of the other. The Nomads; quite possibly power, manipulation. Humanity... well, much of the same. By the appreciation of the other we grow in unity; look at the semi-nomadic cloaking device technology for instance, or the hybrid weaponry of our admirable Order watchdogs. All breeds unity, as unity breeds all, even in war..."

"...Apologies if I ramble. Anyway friend, I trust companion Kenji with the sterility of my research department; so should you. Nomad research is ever in demand and hey, any act that lines a pocket is a benign one."

*lowers voice*

"...On a high note, I happen to possess the command codes to all of deck 13's airlocks, so if anything untoward starts crawling... pfft. Quite a deterrent, that."

*Chuckles to himself*

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - JaaY - 08-10-2013

"...On a high note, I happen to possess the command codes to all of deck 13's airlocks, so if anything untoward starts crawling... pfft. Quite a deterrent, that."

It made Sean feel uncomfortable, imagining such a case occuring.

"Well, considering that...But what if something would happen to you?
Wouldn't it make more sense, to share the door codes with your staff, so they could lock down the wing by themselves in case of emergency? In the end, the subjects you are working on are relatively harmful...some perhaps even pestilently.
For example, someone finds out that you are working on gathering information about...that drug. He infiltrates Freeport 10, sneaks into the research wing and you catch him in flagrante delicto. He just draws his gun and shoots you, while being observed by an employee. Now, he or she would hit the alert, but couldn't lock the doors, because he or she isn't in possession of the codes. The security arrives, but the intruder is far gone."

Hundreds of people visit the Freeport everyday. Civilians and criminals likewise. Sean took a glass for himself, filled it with bourbon and took a sip.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Shizune - 08-11-2013

A young pilot, probably about 18 walked into the dome, her uniform a tan yellowish color. Her coal black hair falling behind her. She seemed unarmed besides for the single katana holder on her back. She looked around the dome quietly for the person she just arrived with.

"So this is the legendary dome I heard about..."

She stepped to the bar slowly, sitting down in a side booth quietly.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Wolf Spirit - 08-11-2013

As if summoning the devil with the talk of the Order, a short time after the young woman’s after arrival to the Freeport and her way to the dome an Order Guard tagged ship entered the detection range of the Freeport christened as the Khonsu. The ship having arrived in the direction of Freeport Alpha would lead people to assume it had been able to slip by the defenses of the ever vigilantly numerous outcasts, when coming into range it was identified as an Osiris battleship. This ship hailed into the Freeport and started mooring procedures.

Some time later after that a small detail came fourth out of the mooring port two guards were to be seen at the inside of the ships airlock including the Captain who was unaccompanied. Heading into the dome the man in the usual Order outfit although wearing the ‘strips’ to show that he was the captain of the ship, a few Order operatives followed into the bar a short time after although moved off to different locations. He merely seemed to be enjoying the environment of the dome its self.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Eduard - 08-12-2013

" It's good to see that your affinity for the Order hasn't admonished your sense of business " Robert replied toward's Lucius, cutting a smile on his face by spreading his lips wide

A pause surveyed in the midsts of the conversation. Robert used this pause to take a napkin from his pocket, turn his face around and tactfully place the napkin in front of his face, grabbing and capturing the piece of gum and then successfully throwing it into a nearby, green coloured bin that wouldn't stretch higher than the knee of a firm gentleman. All overshadowed by subtlety

He then skimmed the surroundings, obliviously drifting his attention from one table to another, spotting Susan, Sean, Achille, other less notable and perhaps irrelevant personalities, Gregar. He now felt the absence of his leopard.

Relentlessly turning his view back to Lucius, he said:

" What if I would pay you... To kill an Order agent, monsieur? " he asked innocently, testing the border between the man's affinity and sense of business