Discovery Gaming Community
4.87 Bug Reports (Post here instead of making a new one.) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: 4.87 Bug Reports (Post here instead of making a new one.) (/showthread.php?tid=104884)

RE: 4.87 Bug Reports (Post here instead of making a new one.) - Karst - 09-16-2013

==============
REP HACKS
==============

ALG ID is still rephacked to -0.3 with Junkers, despite both sides having agreed to have it removed. Considering we now have bases even closer to each other, I would have thought this would be changed.
Aet: Change request in a bug thread. Ignored.

==============
SHIP HARDPOINTS
==============

The new Uruz is little more than a skeleton frame now, being able to mount only 4 cargo pods while having space for probably 12+
Aet: Quadruple post. Does anyone even bother to read previous posts?

==============
SHIP STATS
==============

The Taureau has the speed of a large transport despite having just 3000 cargo space. Is this intentional?
Aet: As far as I'm aware, yes.

RE: 4.87 Bug Reports (Post here instead of making a new one.) - Tempo - 09-16-2013

Hello guys
I created a new character, and when i try to Launch to Space(Civilian Shuttle), i get the following message: Your Ship must have a mounted power plant to launch.

I searched the forums and googled and didn´t find any post about this(there is a post about a a new collector with the same problem), sorry if there was something about it already. Smile

Aet: Faulty restart, has since been fixed.

RE: 4.87 Bug Reports (Post here instead of making a new one.) - Th3Nu773r - 09-16-2013

(09-16-2013, 06:29 AM)Johnnie-Lapierre Wrote:
(09-16-2013, 06:18 AM)Capt. Picard Wrote: please just make it playable at least....it drops constantly, no point to try and play now. I cant even finish a whole mission....

Funny thing, I have just done a mission.
You know it is still a beta release so what do you expect? It is merely launched, of course it has alot of bugs for now, just wait for them to be fixed.
People can`t do miracles and can`t work all day on the server, they got lifes as well.
In exchange you can thank the admins and developers for this great expansion. Wink

Would it not have been better to roll out to a test/dev server and allow people to jump on with test characters while also allowing them and others to play on the normal server along side?... until issues are ironed out.

It has pretty much made the game not worth playing as its pointless in putting in any effort with any character progression or even to try and "fix" issues with characters after the update until the issues are resolved...... besides if they roll back the Character DB then any changes made since the update will be lost...

just sayin.

Aet: We do try to playtest, but the sheer size of the world and changes made/requested make it impossible to test everything. Unless the playerbase wants to wait five years between releases...

RE: 4.87 Bug Reports (Post here instead of making a new one.) - Spike Seadra - 09-16-2013

==============
Mines
==============

Not sure if this is a bug or smth
i didn't heard any changes on "Mines"
i have noticed in game that mines in space are moving 4x faster than in 86
they are moving and aiming/targeting just way too fast
OR
Maybe this is lag ??

Aet: Probably a side effect from working on server performance - guided weapon tracking improves when there's CPU power available for it. Not a bug in any event.

RE: 4.87 Bug Reports (Post here instead of making a new one.) - Omicron - 09-16-2013

==============
Geb
==============

Noted problems with it:
it cant strafe
it has "invisible" thruster
able to mount and fire disruptors
incorrectly labelled weapons
of all 4 primary cannons, none fire backwards.
entire ship has massive blind spot from above.
insufficient powercore to use its guns properly

Aet: Was handled by Blodo in update 1, retest please.

==============
Bastet
==============

Wrongly hardpointed shield.

Aet: Fixed, good spot.

RE: 4.87 Bug Reports (Post here instead of making a new one.) - Auriec - 09-16-2013

Quote:Some bases not purchasing goods from players (Helium to Erie, H-Fuel to Planet New Berlin)
Quote:POB-related docking is sending players to random bases?

Those issues are probably likely related to each other. I did not find a way to reproduce it so far.

When I docked yesterday at Planet New Berlin and went to the commodity trader, talked to the NPC which opened up the trade window, there were only H-Fuel and the Bretonia & Rheinland MOX shown, which are sold on Edling Mining Facility (Player Base), which happens to be in Munich.
When I tried to sell Platinum Ore, I got the error message that the base would not buy it (the same when you try to sell something not listed in the shop of a player base)

Edling Mining Facility was in the old version, where the system had NavMapScale = 1.200000, in sector G6.
When I undocked from Planet New Berlin I rougly appeared in sector G6 too. The NavMapScale entry is missing in the system, which means it is 1.00000.

What I assume is that using the mooring fixture in New Berlin got me onto Planet New Berlin which had the data (sold commodities etc) of Edling Mining Facility, and when I undocked it put me to the coordinates of where Edling was supposed to be.

The issue was solved as soon as I have restarted the game, and I could not reproduce it since. The same happened to another DHC today.

//edit

==============
NPCs | Hessian NPCs using Rheinland Lawful fighters
==============

Not sure if intended. Screen

RE: 4.87 Bug Reports (Post here instead of making a new one.) - 80hd - 09-16-2013

==============
Trade Lane Name - Pennsylvania
==============

The Philadelphia -> Planet Erie Tradelane is incorrectly labeled (says Planet Tyrone)

Aet: Rechecked, is fixed.

RE: 4.87 Bug Reports (Post here instead of making a new one.) - Ponge - 09-16-2013

==============
Lane name
==============

Virginia:
Richmond Military Academy --> Texas jump gate
Should be:
Richmond Military Academy --> Minnesota jump gate
Aet: Fixed.

==============
Weapon stat/Balancing
==============

Hell, the BS shock ray is useless. It has lower damage than a standard mortar, but has a lower refire than a heavy mortar! This way the DPS is so bad, it should not be listed as heavy weapon. Add a higher DPS, or list it as standard weapon or something.

Aet: Keep in mind that the projectile speed is extremely fast. The shock ray is meant for taking out smaller ships in one shot. It has enough firepower to oneshot fighters and bombers. It isn't an anticapital weapon. Not a bug.

==============
Weapon
==============

The Zapper turrets shoot, even if they are not pointing at the crosshair; useless missed shot, power loss. Transport and BS Zappers tested.
Aet: This is inherent to how these weapons work. If it doesn't work for your ship, don't use them Zappers.

==============
Missed CD slot on Salvager
==============

As far as I know, all transports below 3600 cargo got a CD slot. Yet, the Salvager has no CD slots (and despite the GB weaponry, it is a transport). Add a CD slot, or increase the cargo hold >3600.

Aet: Due to the heavy weapons on it, the Salvager is considered a battletransie, much like the Bison. That class does not get a CD.

RE: 4.87 Bug Reports (Post here instead of making a new one.) - Haste - 09-16-2013

A search claimed I didn't post this yet, so here goes:

Rephacks on the Reaver ID appear to have issues. So far, the most noticeable one is a hostile rephack towards Rogues (where previously there was no rephack at all).

RE: 4.87 Bug Reports (Post here instead of making a new one.) - Plan-B - 09-16-2013

Well ive got major problems - with the new mod itself:

i crosschecked 3 Computers Win7, Win7 64 bit, XP. Anitvir, G-Data internet Security, Avast.

at all systems i get "In der Datei 'C:\FL487\Discovery Freelancer 4.87.0\EXE\shipclass.dll'
wurde ein Virus oder unerwünschtes Programm 'TR/ATRAPS.Gen5' [trojan] gefunden."

means shipclass.dll is reported to be infected.

due to the last hacking attacks on discovery - im not sure if its a real threat.

each time connecting with running antivirus program - and ignoring the warning - account gets a ban.
switching off antivirus software - connection works - which doesnt make me feeling safe

would be nice to hear something official

thx in advance plan-b

Aet: False positive. By now your virus scanner should have received an update that no longer flags Discovery as a potential virus. The DLL in question only contains infocards anyway...