Discovery Gaming Community
The Pirate ID - New Changes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Pirate ID - New Changes (/showthread.php?tid=124513)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Veygaar - 01-10-2015

An Edit to the OP would be good to keep confusion from spreading.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Toan Varcona - 01-11-2015

(01-10-2015, 12:29 AM)Drrobe Wrote: Uncle Finn here, with another important announcement!

We've been watching how people treat/act in regards the Pirate ID. Sadly, we've seen Players using the pirate ID to act more as a terrorist than a pirate. They place demands on navies/police knowing full well that these will never be met, basically just as an excuse to pvp without violating the ID. Looks like we need to change it up a little bit, due to the aforementioned abuse with the ID. You naughty community you...

Henceforth, the Pirate ID as seen here:

Quote:* - Can attack any ship in self-defense or to protect a ship of the same affiliation.
* - Can demand cargo and credits from any ship, and attack them if they do not comply.
* - Cannot use any transports with more than 3,600 cargo, except for the Pirate Train.

Will now read like this:

Quote:* - Can attack any ship in self-defense or to protect a ship of the same affiliation.
* - Can demand cargo and credits from Transports, Liners, and Freighter class vessels, and attack them if they do not comply.
* - Cannot use any transports with more than 3,600 cargo, except for the Pirate Train.

Happy hunting those Transports, Liners, and Freighters! Don't worry LPI, you're safe from being pirated of your Donuts...

hello there , might I suggest this to other unlawful/piratey IDs like hessian/ molly etc. because I've witnessed not just indie pirates making silly demands to just pvp, some examples I and my friends have witnessed and been the target of, things
like 30 million from an empty spatial or 12000 credits to a nephilim, as a once regular player [ like almost all day every day lol ] I got to
see and survive many dark things while playing, because the way I see it its
extremely unrealistic/oorp for a pirate/unlawful fighter/small craft to demand a silly sum from a capital ship or tiny fighter
so they could just pvp, this also occurred quite often in one sided encounters where the victim has absolutely no chance at all
which some of the encounters i've witnessed have been exactly that

just my thoughts,

what does the rest of the community think..

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Emile - 01-11-2015

(01-10-2015, 08:33 PM)Jinx Wrote: Add that to the rather asymetric design of IDs (meaning: you can be attacked by people that cannot be attacked by you) and you get an environment that really is overcomplicated for a lot of people that do not really mean much harm.
you are completely right.

(01-10-2015, 12:29 AM)Drrobe Wrote: Happy hunting those Transports, Liners, and Freighters! Don't worry LPI, you're safe from being pirated of your Donuts...
Yes law enforcers can now simply wait for reinforcements and eat their Donuts and then engage the pirate. Because.. cd is not a engagement, draining 50% of one his shield is. So, why not just remove the id entirely? Pirate id have a big zoi, but compared to house pirate factions they have a lot less spots to dock. Not even have access to cruiser ships compared to transports which are too op something that is mentioned a lot of times lately. So yes i vote for a complete remove, make it Disco RP with no contact. (no pvp damage possible)

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Fluffyball - 01-11-2015

To both of you,

the ID has been changed already and OP needs to be corrected. For now, you can attack every vessel, except for house militaries/police/intel ID, Bounty Hunters ID and Order ID - unless they fly transports, liners, freighters.

Have fun. Smile

Like i said Toris James Gray
(01-11-2015, 01:40 AM)Emile Wrote: Yes law enforcers can now simply wait for reinforcements and eat their Donuts and then engage the pirate.

Its abusive, seems you like it that way? A LPI or LN guy with donuts? Then again, makes the game kinda stupid. Giving the lawful more rights to engage over criminals then the other way around. I notice people always complaining on a lack of pirates, but make it no pvp dmg disco rp server. You might like it Like Toris James Gray.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Garrett Jax - 01-11-2015

(01-11-2015, 02:18 AM)Emile Wrote: Like i said Toris James Gray
(01-11-2015, 01:40 AM)Emile Wrote: Yes law enforcers can now simply wait for reinforcements and eat their Donuts and then engage the pirate.
Its abusive, seems you like it that way? A LPI or LN guy with donuts? Then again, makes the game kinda stupid. Giving the lawful more rights to engage over criminals then the other way around. I notice people always complaining on a lack of pirates, but make it no pvp dmg disco rp server. You might like it Like Toris James Gray.
The ID was stupid before. I like this version of stupid much better. For those people complaining about lack of pirates, they must not fly in NY where they were attacking Liberty lawfuls on a daily basis. Don't worry though, I'm sure these players can find a way to bring the game back around to your kind of stupid in the near future.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - DragonLancer - 01-11-2015

You can write as many rules as you like but sadly this will not change the behaviour a lot of players here.

In other words: I like the old school stupidity.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Karst - 01-11-2015

It seemed reasonable at first, but there are legitimate concerns for abuse here.

Worst case scenario, a ship that's not a freighter or transport starts stalking a pirate ID'd vessel, periodically spamming system chat "Pirate freighter now in B4. Moving South." with absolutely nothing the unfortunate pirate could do about it.

Hell, in a situation like that I'd just shoot them anyway and accept the consequences.

(01-11-2015, 02:46 AM)Garrett Jax Wrote: The ID was stupid before. I like this version of stupid much better. For those people complaining about lack of pirates, they must not fly in NY where they were attacking Liberty lawfuls on a daily basis. Don't worry though, I'm sure these players can find a way to bring the game back around to your kind of stupid in the near future.
so you say that only lawful should be able to start the engagements and unlawful may not? something i and others did point out already? I want to point out that i dislike your way of talking, if you call someone stupid because you lack knowledge or in your case referring to 1 house where YOU think or are yourself involved were this occurs.

(01-11-2015, 01:40 AM)Emile Wrote:
(01-10-2015, 08:33 PM)Jinx Wrote: Add that to the rather asymetric design of IDs (meaning: you can be attacked by people that cannot be attacked by you) and you get an environment that really is overcomplicated for a lot of people that do not really mean much harm.
you are completely right
THIS is how it should be, or are you calling everyone now with a different view about this situation stupid?
sorry i really feel offended here

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Black Widow - 01-11-2015

Does this nerf apply to all unlawful IDs? Can you pirate lawfuls say with a hessian ID?

I only ask as your attempt at a fix could be circumvented by terrorists using pirate faction ids, like Rogue, Xeno, Outcast etc....

(01-10-2015, 12:29 AM)Drrobe Wrote: Uncle Finn here, with another important announcement!

We've been watching how people treat/act in regards the Pirate ID. Sadly, we've seen Players using the pirate ID to act more as a terrorist than a pirate. They place demands on navies/police knowing full well that these will never be met, basically just as an excuse to pvp without violating the ID. Looks like we need to change it up a little bit, due to the aforementioned abuse with the ID. You naughty community you...

Henceforth, the Pirate ID as seen here:

* - Can demand cargo and credits from any ship, and attack them if they do not comply.

Will now read like this:

* - Can demand cargo and credits from Transports, Liners, and Freighter class vessels, and attack them if they do not comply.

Happy hunting those Transports, Liners, and Freighters! Don't worry LPI, you're safe from being pirated of your Donuts...

Updated fix of Pirate ID (GrnRaptor's suggestion)
* - Can demand cargo and credits from all except House Military/Police/Intelligence, Bounty Hunter, and Order IDs unless the target is flying on a Freighter/Transport/Liner.