Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes (/showthread.php?tid=144552)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Shaggy - 11-06-2016

Just have a curiosity question.

Why does the Reseph have 5 turrets and 3 heavy turrets.

1 Normal Turret is Forward Firing.
3 Firing to each side.
4 Firing backwards

Then with your heavy turrets

2 Firing forward and backwards with the 3rd as a downwards rear heavy turret arch.

It is just rather confusing it is a light cruiser, but light enough to not even have 6 normal cruiser turrets?

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Titan* - 11-06-2016

(11-06-2016, 05:18 PM)Shaggy Wrote: Just have a curiosity question.

Why does the Reseph have 5 turrets and 3 heavy turrets.

1 Normal Turret is Forward Firing.
3 Firing to each side.
4 Firing backwards

Then with your heavy turrets

2 Firing forward and backwards with the 3rd as a downwards rear heavy turret arch.

It is just rather confusing it is a light cruiser, but light enough to not even have 6 normal cruiser turrets?

You know having more heavy turret is better

Resheph can fire 2 heavy to front and 3 heavy to rear and sides

Resheph have better arcs than its primary opponent, Thresher

Thresher fires 4 prim and 1 heavy to sides but can fire all guns to front and rear
Resheph still have more firepower also bigger than thresher

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Harley.Quinn - 11-06-2016

@Antonio You're right, I've not tested those civilian Gunboats, but logically I still think they're still the total useless Gunboats in this game. Could you please tell me how did you judge that those adjustments made them balanced and how did you test them? Who took participate in testing them?
Anyway, we can go together and test them, all of those Gunboats and try in duels which are balanced and which aren't. Increasing the armor doesn't change much, neither decreasing the armor and the nanobots of Asco doesn't change much, if the Asco was so much broken, 10-15k less armor won't change things much, isn't it so? If Asco was broken, after these changes it will be still one of the most un-kill-able gunboat in this game.

P.S Duels isn't a case, so how do you judge Gunboats are balanced?

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Tutashkhia - 11-06-2016

Quote:@Tutashkhia I have the perfect solution for you in which you wont have to make a single bit towards an SRP, get full 100% core on your Asco, and pirate your filthy guts out.

Get a Gallic Brigand ID.

Truthfully at this point, the ID is getting moot. Good work Antonio, don't change a thing.

You must be kidding man. Gallic Brigand ID, that's a great thing... where to pirate in an empty Gallia?

P.S These changes are good about Gunboats. Let it be so, let's see how it goes...
About Basic Gunboat turret, it just makes you change ID and the problem is solved, that's all.

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - sasapinjic - 11-06-2016

Kudos for Bustard hull change , shame it cant get pair of more guns to rear , but " C'est la vie " ! Big Grin

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Ile-de-France Shipping - 11-06-2016

(11-06-2016, 06:12 PM)Tutashkhia Wrote:
Quote:@Tutashkhia I have the perfect solution for you in which you wont have to make a single bit towards an SRP, get full 100% core on your Asco, and pirate your filthy guts out.

Get a Gallic Brigand ID.

Truthfully at this point, the ID is getting moot. Good work Antonio, don't change a thing.

You must be kidding man. Gallic Brigand ID, that's a great thing... where to pirate in an empty Gallia?

P.S These changes are good about Gunboats. Let it be so, let's see how it goes...
About Basic Gunboat turret, it just makes you change ID and the problem is solved, that's all.

There are player who are playing and trading in Gallia, but we only enjoy being pirated when people are doing some good rp.

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Tutashkhia - 11-06-2016

@Ile-de-France Shipping Are you trying to say that I'm pirating without any good/normal/bad RP? Please, come one. Don't blame me being like a newbie when pirating somebody.

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Sciamach - 11-06-2016

Considering your RP regularly consists of the phrase "*destroys the pod*" after killing someone

I dunno- powergaming on that scale doesn't exactly put you above newbies on the karma meter... in fact it actually kinda puts you below it~

Thanks for your feedback.
Give me a sign when I encounter your trader/warship ingame, and I will give you a special RP next time.

Really, give me a sign. You used to fly with me, so known Wolfarum-or-whatever-it-was, and its funny to see how things and attitudes are changing.

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Reid - 11-07-2016

(11-06-2016, 06:12 PM)Tutashkhia Wrote: You must be kidding man. Gallic Brigand ID, that's a great thing... where to pirate in an empty Gallia?

Brigands can go to the Taus and Kyushu, if you bothered to read about the faction who's ship you're flying you would know this.