Discovery Gaming Community
Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event (/showthread.php?tid=148652)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - sindroms - 03-12-2017

It is being discussed right now. We wanted to process one of the official event requests first. Now that it has been done, we are returning to the non-official ones again.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Jack_Henderson - 03-12-2017

The cancellation of the event by the Order is a huge mistake.

Taking on the odds, taking and embracing the role that you are given to give your faction a reason to play... that's the way to go.

You would not have lost anything.
You would not have gained anything... but: activity, a chance to play your faction in a meaningful way, a chance to show that you are still around and a faction to be respected.

You just let a situation pass where you could have shone.
A major mistake.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Reid - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 06:07 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: The cancellation of the event by the Order is a huge mistake.

Taking on the odds, taking and embracing the role that you are given to give your faction a reason to play... that's the way to go.

You would not have gained anything... but: activity, a chance to play your faction in a meaningful way, a chance to show that you are still around and a faction to be respected.

A major mistake.
Second. I fail to see how the status quo of pure inactivity is preferable over an event where something is at stake thus bringing people ingame. It's time to stop crying because a toy you don't use might be put somewhere else and do something about it.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Omi - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 06:07 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: The cancellation of the event by the Order is a huge mistake.

A major mistake.

How would you have reacted if I put in an official event request that NEMP bombed Java without contacting you beforehand, levelling RP consequences such as having to relocate to Dounby or something similar for the foreseeable future?

TBH I don't think there's any excuse for trying to push something like this ahead without having consulted the other side first. The only halfway reasonable excuse is that Golanski is a whiny child who'd rather clam the Omicrons for months/years now and block everyone on Skype rather than talk to them like human beings. It's sad, because while I have to agree with him on the point that it's an official event and Order weren't consulted, I feel a little miffed that people can just throw their toys out of the pram before the event has even had a chance to prove itself as being worthless.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Jack_Henderson - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 06:13 PM)Omicega Wrote: [color=#eb35be]How would you have reacted if I put in an official event request that NEMP bombed Java without contacting you beforehand, levelling RP consequences such as having to relocate to Dounby or something similar for the foreseeable future?

Premise: I did not see anything about the event (came home too late), so I do not know whether it would have had any roleplay consequences. So far, events had minor if not no true consequences (like losing bases, having to relocate, etc). Up to now, they seemed to be "reasons to bring your faction and do something new". Events up to now were exciting for most of the factions that were cast as protagonists.

Therefore, I would take the role of your example and roll with it. I find it the most unwise move to pass on a situation in which your faction has the primary role, where you can break your faction routine of doing the same more or less every time. And as there is nothing you can lose (see premise), and only something you can win (activity, break from routine, indies on your ID, pews...), I do not see why anybody who has been cast as the main faction in an event would not take the challenge - however hard it is.

Quote:TBH I don't think there's any excuse for trying to push something like this ahead without having consulted the other side first.

I actually thought that some conversation would have happened, ye.
And of course this is so much better when factions talk and agree on what to do.
It's however already the 2nd time that an event fails... and huge potential is lost.

Sad!*

___

* messages must end like Trump's

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Kauket - 03-13-2017

Except they knew about it and were approached. Besides that;

What about the roleplay? Is it retconned? What do we do with it?

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Ace Razgriz - 03-13-2017

The time tested Order train of thought

Lets just delete it and flame it cause we don't like it and it might god forbid have a negative effect on us!

I could care less the consequences I get for laughing at your stupidity golanski, its just so much fun to see you never ever change your train of thought and have to have your smitten faction members (the few that are left) always have to agree with you. Yep, good community member you are! Keep up the good work!

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Chrono - 03-13-2017

Actually Ace, it was my idea in the first place to boycott the event, and the others agreed with me. Then Golly made it an official thing because of how one sided, underhanded, and wrong the event was. Not sure what's happened since then though cause I went to bed and only just now woke up, which is funny cause didn't you go to bed so to speak when it comes to discovery a LOOONG time ago? Or do you still survive off of drama as usual and only rear your head to make your ex-faction members who you were ALSO once loyal to a fault to look bad when you too were on the same side and train of thought as the rest of us?

Feel free to return to Disco any time and start showing us how it's done though, please? Would be nice to have some of the old blood back. Not that we'll ever let you into the Order again. Smile

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - sindroms - 03-13-2017

Stop sniping at each other.