Discovery Gaming Community
101st Ghosts of Razgriz Faction Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: 101st Ghosts of Razgriz Faction Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=32811)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

101st Ghosts of Razgriz Faction Feedback - Syrus - 01-10-2011

' Wrote:Funny you should say that Tau 23 is your Omicron Alpha when I don't see a home world with an IMG tag inside of it... besides, the IMG and CR are the last ones who should be throwing stones around for "base camping" and "ganking".
Isn't "base camping". It's "having a picknick at Java". Right? Which base should we be camping? Cali? That hurts. Alpha? That's suicide. Smuggler routes? Maybe.

What did I mean by calling Tau-23 "our Alpha"? That's the place were almost all the IMG-action is because it's our main mining place. Tau-37 is even closer to Alpha and ... "other places" have other problems.
While most of your players are around Alpha, most of IMG is around T23.

Already said, we aren't innocent about the ganking. (Though every time I stayed out of a fair fight, at the end I was the person who got shoot down by superior numbers...How did that happen...?! Doesn't matter here. Wasn't your guys fault in 95% of the time.)

' Wrote:But... since it is in my best interest to see to it that the 101st doesn't devolve to the primordial ooze that used to be the other official Tau factions. I will make sure to tell my new members not to do that sort of thing next to Java.
I think I'll ignore the first part. You don't know much about IMG| I guess, how could you? Maybe take a look at your faction and their groups first, before jumping on the "We hate (IMG/)CR!!!"-train. Because that's just like if you were part of that "ooze" that isn't just the "official Tau-factions".

But, I'm happy to see, that you don't want your reputation to become like everyone else's reputation around the Taus and that you preferr not to be "ooze". It's not about "not coming to the Taus", it's about the behaviour around there.

EDIT: Oh, what I forgot...
Yeah, add another system between T37 and Alpha and remove the connection from T23 to Kyushu. Then put the Connection to Kyushu in T37 in one corner and the JH to T23 in a nother.
Or put the new system between T37 and T23 and then move the Kyushu JH there. And also move Cali there. ... And move the JH to that new system where the Kyushu JH is now.

101st Ghosts of Razgriz Faction Feedback - AeternusDoleo - 01-10-2011

' Wrote:And I take it that your unbiased mind thinks that this is fair? Riiiigh... While none of the people who are supposed to run this place has gone so far as to think that perhaps the Outcasts do mine as well, and since there really is no other logical way to explain the amount of ships we need to fight the war other than saying that we do indeed mine, this deduction of mine rings more true by the minute.

Now, your idea is the very definition of meh for two reasons:
1. We need resources.
2. You want to block off our main trade route with radiation.

All I can ask is: Are you insane, or do you just want to defeat your pretend enemies in a spaceship game with such a zeal that you are willing to pull poor ideas such as this out of your rear end?
Meh. Have you ever gone through a neutron star field? It doesn't even scratch the hull of a transport. It does however prevent snubs from going through there needlessly. But I see your point, it is the main Cardi smuggling route. That idea can be scrubbed then. Just irks me someone placed a mining field a jump or two away from the biggest pirate faction's homeworld. I mean, that's just asking for continuous fighting...

As for the resources. Given you literally have a stranglehold on the Cardi trade, being the only producer, I imagine all other factions dependant on Cardi (Lib Rogues, GC... probably a good deal of freelancers and other unlawfuls as well) would supply the Outcasts with all the materials they need. Cardi out, materials and credits in. I do not see why the Outcasts would need to mine, but imagine they could if they wanted to (Outcast IFF/Miner ID not a viable option? Or does a rephack get in the way of that?).

101st Ghosts of Razgriz Faction Feedback - chopper - 01-10-2011

I 'ave no specific complaints towards the 101st.
However, I'd like to support the two IMG fellas that complained.

I don't know if you were around in 4.83 or 4.84, but if you were, you'd know that Cali was absolutely ignored by Outcasts.
It was never used. Ever. No one was based there.
And the only time Outcasts would come to Tau-23 was when they attacked the =CR= (or in 4.83 - =BSG=).
In 4.83, Eta didn't exist so Outcasts had more interaction with the Corsairs and AW.

If you have a look at it now, the only thing that Outcasts do at all is go to the Taus.
And it's not your fault actually, because I can't see anything else interesting for Outcasts to do.
The only thing they are going to do is to pirate miners in Tau-23.
Going to Liberty isn't really good for you guys, since Hackers and Rogues have all the power in there.
Kusari same. Not to mention Rheinland, you are not welcome there.

So, while Corsairs can raid Dublin miners, Cambridge traders, Sigma-13, wage a war with the Hessians in Omegas and fight the Nomads in the Omicrons, Outcasts can go to Taus and shoot miners.
I think Outcasts are so bored with themselves that they don't really know what else to do.
Also, most Outcast indies are pirating Miners just to get a kill. I'v witnessed an Outcast tridente asking a Mining ship to pay him 5 million credits or else he dies.
Mining ship offered all of it's ore because it didn't have any money (mining ships usually don't have money) but the Outcast simply refused and killed the poor fella.
That was stupid. On the other hand, I'v also seen some pirating groups with Pirate Trains that take the ore (either by killing or if the miner drops it) and go away. That was really nice and refreshing.

As for the 101st, I find you guys pleasing to see and interact, contrary to your Tridente swarm indies.
But as you are the only official Outcast faction at the moment (at least the only active one) - I think you could organize the other Outcasts into doing something new and interesting.
In 4.84 101st didn't have any problems ordering indies around, and if they disobey, punishing them. I think Eppyon was in charge back then, eh?
Sorry for the long post, I'm trying to be constructive here.

101st Ghosts of Razgriz Faction Feedback - Dennis Jameson - 01-10-2011

I appreciate your ideas, but... our indies are really impossible to work with. I can produce mounds of screenshots where they mouth off for us trying to give them suggestions on what to do, even going to far as to call us factionlancer fascists alá Nooblet and they generally just join the Outcasts for the pvp.

Yes, I was here during .84 and I was in 101st high command at that time as well, so I know full well how it used to be back then, quite frankly I blame the current situation on two things.

1. The Corsairs seem to boycott us because -some- people in there takes this game way too seriously and seem to think that I'm out to get them.

2. A lack of Outcast storyline put into this mod, and generally having no progression from the muddy, vanilla, role for the Outcasts which is just plain retarded. We are NOT neo-columbian pirates / drug dealers.

My attempt of polishing up the roleplay of the Outcasts as a whole can be found here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88561 and all comments you people may have on that piece of work can go in here, because I didn't write it for myself, I wrote it for the Outcasts and the 101st.

And just to get back to the "buffer" system between Tau 37 and Omicron Alpha idea... I can see why you think that's a good idea, however I must say that for the sake of balance, any buffer system needs to be placed between Tau 23 and Tau 37, as to prevent the entire Taus becoming IMG space which just screws up the system balance further.

Edit

Quote:In 4.84 101st didn't have any problems ordering indies around, and if they disobey, punishing them. I think Eppyon was in charge back then, eh?

The admins has told the 101st that we cannot do that anymore. Blame the admin team who never visits the Taus and takes care of the lulwut problem, removes our rights to deal with the problem ourselves, and blame them for never looking at my faction right 5 requests.

(Oh, and back then we had three factions in the Outcasts who all helped each other in dealing with the indies... and now there is one.)

101st Ghosts of Razgriz Faction Feedback - AeternusDoleo - 01-10-2011

' Wrote:I appreciate your ideas, but... our indies are really impossible to work with. I can produce mounds of screenshots where they mouth off for us trying to give them suggestions on what to do, even going to far as to call us factionlancer fascists alá Nooblet and they generally just join the Outcasts for the pvp.
Join the club. >.>

Quote:Yes, I was here during .84 and I was in 101st high command at that time as well, so I know full well how it used to be back then, quite frankly I blame the current situation on two things.

1. The Corsairs seem to boycott us because -some- people in there takes this game way too seriously and seem to think that I'm out to get them.

2. A lack of Outcast storyline put into this mod, and generally having no progression from the muddy, vanilla, role for the Outcasts which is just plain retarded. We are NOT neo-columbian pirates / drug dealers.
Then what are you? I've been on this server for some time. I can see the Outcasts are overtly becoming friendly to the Nomads - 'specially Chenzo, of late, has become a little... unstable?;). But beyond that, I still haven't been able to see the Outcasts as anything but a massive unlawful force bent on subverting the whole of Sirius through Cardamine. If you are trying to profile yourself as something else it's sadly not working - yet.
As for the Corsairs - in a straight up battle between Titans and Sabres, the Sabres usually come out on top. I guess people just got tired of it. Not that the Corsairs don't have their own inexperienced player problems. Maybe a few events here and there could spice things up. Sails tend to be pew-hungry, and Benitez would join in as well. And if there's caps to be involved there's always HAF to call on.

Quote:My attempt of polishing up the roleplay of the Outcasts as a whole can be found here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88561 and all comments you people may have on that piece of work can go in here, because I didn't write it for myself, I wrote it for the Outcasts and the 101st.
It is certainly useful information. Have you considered adding it to the Outcast Wiki page? Reminds me of a base operations manifest I was working on but never posted... got to find that one again.

Quote:And just to get back to the "buffer" system between Tau 37 and Omicron Alpha idea... I can see why you think that's a good idea, however I must say that for the sake of balance, any buffer system needs to be placed between Tau 23 and Tau 37, as to prevent the entire Taus becoming IMG space which just screws up the system balance further.
Agreed. Anyone psychotic enough to go and mine in 37 should have the extra risk.
And possibly with a hole into Tau 44 from the new system once the CR is booted from there, come 4.86 - that leaves the distance of your smuggling route intact, with the exception of Bretonia. But I believe most of the smuggling goes toward Liberty via Kusari, anyway, right?

Quote:Edit
The admins has told the 101st that we cannot do that anymore. Blame the admin team who never visits the Taus and takes care of the lulwut problem, removes our rights to deal with the problem ourselves, and blame them for never looking at my faction right 5 requests.

(Oh, and back then we had three factions in the Outcasts who all helped each other in dealing with the indies... and now there is one.)
I feel your pain in that one. We had similar problems in the Omegas - something I'm still trying to find a more permanent solution for.

101st Ghosts of Razgriz Faction Feedback - Dennis Jameson - 01-10-2011

Defiant and any other Corsair trolls can just get out of this thread. You are not welcome here after the flaming you produced a while back.

(Call this a preventing blow.)

101st Ghosts of Razgriz Faction Feedback - chopper - 01-10-2011

I'm totally against such system placed in between the Taus and Alpha.
It was already done once, thus Omicron Eta exists.
The only thing it did is isolate Omicron Alpha so Corsairs rarely ever go there.
In the start there were events in Eta and it was really fun. But once they stopped, Outcast-Corsair interaction just died. Eta is a dead system.
If it's done from the other side too, Omicron Alpha will be as boring as Yukon. Literally.
So, I hope no one is even considering such an option.

What could be done is to move some mining fields for the IMG to Tau-31, so miners have an option besides Tau-23.
As it is now, Tau-23 is the mining center in the region. It's responsible for Kusari-Brettonia war.
Outcasts and IMG bash the hell out of each other. GC and Hogosha are frequent too, as well as the KNF.
And in 4.86 we can expect another, third warzone, with Gallic swarms in the Tau-23.
So, it's a bit overloaded when compared to any other system, even with Liberty ones.

And an option for the Outcast could be either changing Omicron Eta so it becomes a real warzone, or giving Outcast something else to do.
If Omicron Eta was a system like Tau-23, with more jump holes and more things to do, both Corsairs and Outcasts would benefit, and IMG would get some time on the other side.
It just needs to be more important then it is now. Corsairs don't care about it at all.

Yes, I know, back then it was RoS (which had massive membership), 101st, BLS and one other I think.
And there were some kind of capital ship licencing run by 101st if I'm not mistaken.
Well, anyway, I wish you all the best in improving Outcast gameplay. It really needs something.

EDIT:

Quote:As for the Corsairs - in a straight up battle between Titans and Sabres, the Sabres usually come out on top.

Well, while it's true that Sabre is a better ship for big fights, in the Omicron Eta events Titans proved quite a force. In some 20 fights, Corsairs did win in the end, with some 12-8.
And those events were really really good, I remember I couldn't wait for the weekly fights in Eta.
But lag was smaller back then, now if you'd mass 40 fighters near the mine field, it'd be unplayable.

And, what do you mean when CR is booted? Tau-44 was made specifically for the =BSG=, that is current =CR=. It's their system and their alone. They even designed it.
How could anyone boot 'em?
But that's another topic.

101st Ghosts of Razgriz Faction Feedback - Ceoran - 01-10-2011

The capital ship registry is one of the things the admins have taken away from the official factions and thus caused more chaos in Alpha.
Also, I'm against adding a buffer-system myself since it would be against vanilla-lore. However, the idea of moving the mining fields sounds good. since Tau-31 is an ice-field, probably Orkney would be better though (yes, still outcast base in the system, but at least the system itself is larger. And after all Dublin has the Molly home base in it too)

101st Ghosts of Razgriz Faction Feedback - Coral Reaver - 01-23-2011

Hello.

I wonder, what is the current status with BAF?

Open allies or secret under-the-table friends?

101st Ghosts of Razgriz Faction Feedback - Dennis Jameson - 01-24-2011

We're not pirating anybody while in Bretonia, we don't shoot BAF, BPA or any other Bretonians in, or outside, of Bretonia... and the last time I checked, the Bretonians has nothing against Cardamine carried for personal use, and thus we are not outlaws in Bretonia.

Now, as for why we would possibly aid the Bretonians... well, it's called taking an opportunity when one presents itself; The people they are shooting are more often than not Corsairs, Corsair sycophants, Kusari nationalists or SCRA insurgents... who just happen to be our enemies. It'd be quite dumb not to take the chance to destroy some possibly future pests, and perhaps to show the Bretonians that we are not as "evil" as the other houses would like to think that we are.

That is our official stance.

Now, if we're going to talk about "ganking" SCRA... I believe that several SCRA individuals has stated that it's okay when they do it because "it's part of their roleplay"... however I'm not going to emulate that behavior, and whichever pilot was involved in that won't be doing it again. It'd be nice if our enemies would return the favor from time to time though.