Discovery Gaming Community
White Cells and Faction Permissions - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: White Cells and Faction Permissions (/showthread.php?tid=61470)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Daedric - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:So why can't other people work their asses off too? Or are only bias tech permissions allowed by the Corsairs?

I'd assume it is because the Reavers made it clear that even those who have proven themselves loyal to the Empire can have a change of heart.

Is Zelot saying there will never be anymore Corsair tech permissions? I've yet to see him say that, I've only seen him say they aren't doing them right now.

Though I love that you tried to bring the fact that I am a Reaver and Zelot is Reaver and that somehow he got the Reavers the guns. Its even funnier when you note that I wasn't a Reaver at that time. Conspir[A]cy!

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Hexx - 06-14-2011

No, Daedric, you don't. Until roles are reversed and suddenly she is the result of your imaginative process, you don't.

I don't write RP to allow equipment choices. I create the character, the RP, and then outfit them with what fits them best. If you don't agree, cool, have fun with that.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - tansytansey - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:There has never been a tech deal in the history of discovery that required more work from the people getting the tech than the Reavers deal with the Corsairs. To suggest otherwise is just stupid.

The major reason the Corsairs are no longer giving out tech is that the Reavers burned them, took the guns and what not and then started killing Corsairs. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

But sure, go around crying conspiracy when you find yourself without a leg to stand on.

Uh... now who's making the assumptions?

I know I wasn't assuming anything, nor was I crying conspiracy. In fact I think I specifically said, no one would suggest there was a conspiracy:)

I don't care if you deny all tech requests. But at least take the time to review them.

You might find there's some you like.

To say it's not fair on others to deny some but accept others, but that's the way it works. It is, however, unfair on everyone to not read anything at all.

The majority of tech requests I go into intending to deny them also, but occasionally I get people who I think deserve it and are putting the effort in.

Why is it fair to them to be denied?

To treat everyone equal when they are clearly not equal is called what kids? Communism!

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Daedric - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:No, Daedric, you don't. Until roles are reversed and suddenly she is the result of your imaginative process, you don't.

I don't write RP to allow equipment choices. I create the character, the RP, and then outfit them with what fits them best. If you don't agree, cool, have fun with that.

I was operating off the information you presented. In that respect, I do know what I am talking about as you gave me the information. Overall do I know much about the character? Probably not, that however wasn't what was being discussed.

I never accused you of writing role play to allow equipment choices. I merely took the example you presented and countered your argument.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Zelot - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:Uh... now who's making the assumptions?

I know I wasn't assuming anything, nor was I crying conspiracy. In fact I think I specifically said, no one would suggest there was a conspiracy:)

I don't care if you deny all tech requests. But at least take the time to review them.

You might find there's some you like.

To say it's not fair on others to deny some but accept others, but that's the way it works. It is, however, unfair on everyone to not read anything at all.

The majority of tech requests I go into intending to deny them also, but occasionally I get people who I think deserve it and are putting the effort in.

Why is it fair to them to be denied?

To treat everyone equal when they are clearly not equal is called what kids? Communism!

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

What is this the Cold War? Are you really trying to tell me I am wrong because equality equals communism and communism must be a bad thing? Wow, you really are scrapping the bottom of the barrel. As I said, we have a policy in regards to tech, I don't intend on breaking that policy, so there really is no reason to waste my time, If you don't like it, too bad. (I feel like I have said that before today.)

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Jeremy Hunter - 06-14-2011

I'd ask if we all could get along, but I know the answer.
I'd ask people to respect other's wishes, but I know the answer.

Everyone had valid points, then it went downhill.

Its a game. Can we not act like this. It is imaginary crap in a world of 1s and 0s. Imaginary. Why are people getting so upset ovrer a game?

Three ideas:

1.) PureTech
Pros-
No requests
Conns-
No diversity
Some roleplay killed

2.) White cell most red cells
Pros-
Eliminate SRP
Allows more RP freedom
Allows people to become more unique and form more alliances (want tech, become friends, stay friends, profit)
Conns-
Influx of requests in crease

3.) Green Cell
Pros-
This thread wouldnt have meaning
No denying all tech
No need to have prior RP
Cons-
Some roleplay lost
Not much diversity

I think option 2 is best.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - SnakThree - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:Please post evidence of leader abusing technology distribution.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - tansytansey - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

What is this the Cold War? Are you really trying to tell me I am wrong because equality equals communism and communism must be a bad thing? Wow, you really are scrapping the bottom of the barrel. As I said, we have a policy in regards to tech, I don't intend on breaking that policy, so there really is no reason to waste my time, If you don't like it, too bad. (I feel like I have said that before today.)

Oh lighten up, that was light hearted humour slipped into this debate, don't take it so litterally and laugh:)

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Hexx - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:I was operating off the information you presented. In that respect, I do know what I am talking about as you gave me the information. Overall do I know much about the character? Probably not, that however wasn't what was being discussed.

I never accused you of writing role play to allow equipment choices. I merely took the example you presented and countered your argument.
Well I'm sorry. There's no way for me to tell you each and every nuance of my character, it would take too long, and it's not the topic I was trying to focus on. You only have a limited understanding of what's been given you, but that's a fraction of the entire story and you don't know the context behind it all.

I appreciate your concern, but I'm not interested in going any further into it. It's off topic.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Zelot - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:I'd ask if we all could get along, but I know the answer.
I'd ask people to respect other's wishes, but I know the answer.

Everyone had valid points, then it went downhill.

Its a game. Can we not act like this. It is imaginary crap in a world of 1s and 0s. Imaginary. Why are people getting so upset ovrer a game?

Three ideas:

1.) PureTech
Pros-
No requests
Conns-
No diversity
Some roleplay killed

2.) White cell most red cells
Pros-
Eliminate SRP
Allows more RP freedom
Allows people to become more unique and form more alliances (want tech, become friends, stay friends, profit)
Conns-
Influx of requests in crease

3.) Green Cell
Pros-
This thread wouldnt have meaning
No weapon denying all tech
No need to have prior RP
Cons-
Soe roleplay lost
Not much diversity

I think option 2 is best.

Option 2 leaves us in exactly the same spot as we are now. A faction says they don't want to share their tech, others say that's not fair.