Discovery Gaming Community
Xoria for server administrator - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Xoria for server administrator (/showthread.php?tid=8664)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Xoria for server administrator - mira - 05-22-2008

' Wrote:Wow Mira. Calm down, okay? All I wanted was some constructive criticism and names of those you think would make a good admin. No need to get upset. We do take into consideration the no's. But so far it's been no's for: 'I really don't know why but I have a bad feeling', 'I don't know him', 'There are better choices'. Not really much for him to work off of if he does become an admin. Insulting in another language is not the way to go about it. Don't do it again.

Hyung has got it nailed on the head. Being an admin is more a headache than anything. We want someone who can shoulder that responsibility and who is going stick through all the hard times. That's why Xoria's name came up.

Cay

k cay...i really don't have any more nerves
Xoria enjoy and cya in space

peachwise :yahoo:

Xoria for server administrator - Culebra - 05-22-2008

Is an admin allowed to run a faction? That could be a conflict of interest there.

I voted yet btw. When I first looked at joining a faction the LH was probably the all around best written and setup. IDK if that qualifies someone to be an admin but that took a lot of work and dedication.

Xoria for server administrator - stone - 05-22-2008

I haven't been here to long but i am voting yes, just because it seams to me there is a lack of server admins available. :nono:

Xoria for server administrator - kacijon - 05-22-2008

Well I Hope he will become.

Xoria for server administrator - sovereign - 05-22-2008

' Wrote:Is an admin allowed to run a faction? That could be a conflict of interest there.

Think [IND], Phantoms, and RM. Yes, they can, and as it so happens those two are very well managed and I've never seen anything remotely resembling ooRP from either of them. Basically, I don't see a problem with it.

Hooray for Xoria, and good luck to you! We'll try to <strike>make your life a living hell</strike> play nice.

Xoria for server administrator - Malaclypse 666 - 05-22-2008

Right. Since my name has been bandied about, here's a pair o' digms for ya.

I voted days ago.. (yes). I PM'd Xoria directly with my endorsement, but indicated that I wouldn't be posting in this whissing match. And indeed, that's what it's become.

mira, I would make a lousy admin. I get cranky way too easily.. the other Admins will attest to that. Just because I write a good tale or make folks smile as I fly past 'em doesn't qualify me for the job in any way, shape or form. I'm perfectly happy to be the community's "gadfly", raising Thud occassionaly when I feel there's hanky panky afoot.

I officially affirm my vote. Xoria deserves the position, and should be able to shoulder the responsibilities.

If Xoria suffers explosive decompression from either the power or the pressures of the job, then there are avenues of recourse. One does not become immortal or immune as an Admin. In Unistat, we call it "Impeachment".

Did someone mention Pie?

Mal

Xoria for server administrator - mwerte - 05-27-2008

*looks around empty thread*

hello? do we get a new admin?

Xoria for server administrator - sovereign - 05-27-2008

' Wrote:*looks around empty thread*

hello? do we get a new admin?

I hope so.

Xoria for server administrator - Igiss - 05-29-2008

Now, a long-waited update for Xoria admin poll.

Results are obvious. As of now, it's 76% for Xoria, 24% against. It's true that other candidates that we had before earned higher % of positive votes, but take into account that number of voters has rised significantly, which in many ways is an explanation for higher "no" percentage.

Xoria has shown good organization skills and ability to systematize information, which he proved many times before on this forum. He's mature (by which I mean both real age and personal qualities), responsible for what he's doing, and can be trusted as an unbiased member of the community. These are the reasons why we are supporting him, and reason why I've started this poll about him, not about anyone else. It's true that many people have been here longer, but longevity is not the first reason for us to consider people as possible admin candidates. I apologize if some of you were expecting to get a chance to become admins as well and we failed your expectations. We are always thinking on possible candidates for future adminship, and maybe sometime...

However, you were not right that this poll is a formality that we use to make assigning a new admin legitimate. Negative feedback is something that we all have to take into account (even more than negative votes). All admins read it, and Xoria himself does. To answer doubts that many members expressed here, we will not make Xoria a server admin with full privileges straightaway. Instead, Xoria will get a 1-month trial to accomodate himself with server maintainance duties and other things that admins generally do. During this trial, you will have a chance to see yourself how well he will perform. Admins will keep a close look as well. If everything goes allright, which we expect, then Xoria will be granted full admin rights.

Xoria's main duties for now will be dealing with faction creation requests, home system requests, and updating the rules. Decisions of faction approval/disapproval will be made by the team as a whole, of course. Xoria will help to provide information that we'll need to make a decision, since this part of the process is far from perfect right now: often we don't know gameplay backgrounds of new groups that seek for approval. As for rules, I'm planning to edit them by myself as it always was, but I'm unable to review multiple suggestions that are being discussed on forums (many of them seem quite useful, but need revision). Xoria won't have access to RD for now, so he won't sanction anyone yet, but he'll also perform certain tasks related to rule violation reports.

So, meet Xoria, or Nathan if you wish the real name... our new trial admin! Good luck!