Discovery Gaming Community
Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 (/showthread.php?tid=98543)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Ceoran - 05-16-2013

(05-15-2013, 01:49 PM)Ceoran Wrote:
(05-15-2013, 10:10 AM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: GMG in Honshu... it -is- part of the ZoI due to Aomori being there, so that really can't be helped. I bet the KNF and KSP will have something to say about it should it happen, though.

Honshu is Samura ZoI as well, yet Samura may only hit the GMG outside of house space. The same applies to all other corporations that may hit their enemies. Why not impose the same restriction on the GMG? Leaving it as it is allows for Blow&Dock-piracy in front of Kishiro and even KSP bases in the system. And if I'm not mistaken that was the same issue South Shields had.

Also, the GMG may pirate Kruger but Kruger may not pirate the GMG which would somewhat make sense for them to attempt to get some fuel/Helium.
Likewise Samura may pirate Synth but Synth may not pirate Samura, which they maybe should be allowed to balance things out. Maybe even limit it to interdicting each others food shipments to make it more reasonable.

Bumping this since it has gone unanswered yet.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Jack_Henderson - 05-16-2013

(05-16-2013, 12:19 AM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: Revision 4 posted. Hopefully this is getting somewhere. [...] "May treat as combat target" tuned down in many cases. The worry that this would promote less instead of more roleplay is valid - it's in many cases replaced with shooting transports with specific cargo instead (such as FA/LWB shooting any Synth-loaded ships).

Thank you. It is really a clever idea to link the "kill on sight" to the cargo and not to the ship class.

And awesome work in general.
Putting it up for discussion and listening to hundreds of voices that want to have a say must be pretty tough.

Thank you for doing it.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - HassLHoFF™ - 05-16-2013

(05-14-2013, 05:00 PM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: ; dsy_license_helghast
NAME
Artificial Intelligence ID

INFOCARD
Artifical Intelligence ID

The AI ID signifies the character an Artificial Intelligence. Most AI's descend from Planet Gammu, where environmental conditions caused human settlement to fail, leaving only sentient machines behind, who then continued to evolve. AI's are fully selfaware and autonomous, and not under the control of any other faction.

Vessels carrying this quasilawful ID are controlled by an Artificial Intelligence, who :

- Can attack pirates, terrorists and lawfuls in self-defense or in defense of another AI ship.
- Can actively hunt pirates, terrorists and lawfuls in systems that do not contain a jumpgate.
- Cannot attack transports and freighters, except in selfdefense.
- Cannot use any transports with more than 3,600 cargo.
- Cannot participate in unlawful actions except as described above.

Allowed ships: Fighters, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats, AI Cruiser

I have to say especially as the leading part of the AI Consensus logistic division that changing the max. cargo to 3,600 is quite unfair.
The 4,2k restriction has allowed us for SRP 4 Akegatas and myself AI is installed in a Renzu liner.
Setting the ID predominant for autonomous & and independent AI's is also unfair, for parties like the consensus that are on their way for unifying the most AIs, and offering a new interesting RP based on AI ID only.

I have also to say creating some infrastructure by building a base in omicron kappa is enormous exhausting, even though we currently have the 4,2k transports. I really don't like to think how killing this would be by just being allowed to use 3,6k transports.

Furthermore RPing an AI in an AI faction results often an automated unwelcome that possibly could be seen as kinda like RepHack.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Omicron - 05-16-2013

Quote:; dsy_license_novapg
NAME
Reapers of Sirius ID

INFOCARD
Reaper of Sirius ID

The Reapers of Sirius are a group of mostly Outcasts who have broken away from their heritage. A large portion of them are Cardamine addicts. The group is attempting to settle in the Cayman system, and better their standing with its lawful neighbours by guarding civilians.

Pilot carrying this lawful ID is a Reaper of Sirius, who :

- Can attack pirates and terrorists in self-defense or to protect a lawful ship.
- Can engage any ships currently involved in combat within their Zone of Influence.
- Cannot use transports with more than 3,600 cargo.

Allowed ships: Fighters, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats
Zone of Influence: Omegas, Omicrons
This ID may only be used if you are a member of the official player faction.

Right now it allows cruisers and battleships which faction runs a few (Outcast design). Ask consulted before, we were asked to wait until 4.87 release to discuss the ID proposal or has player faction ID policy changed?

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Duvelske - 05-16-2013

(05-16-2013, 11:19 AM)HassLHoFF Wrote:
(05-14-2013, 05:00 PM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: ; dsy_license_helghast
NAME
Artificial Intelligence ID

INFOCARD
Artifical Intelligence ID

The AI ID signifies the character an Artificial Intelligence. Most AI's descend from Planet Gammu, where environmental conditions caused human settlement to fail, leaving only sentient machines behind, who then continued to evolve. AI's are fully selfaware and autonomous, and not under the control of any other faction.

Vessels carrying this quasilawful ID are controlled by an Artificial Intelligence, who :

- Can attack pirates, terrorists and lawfuls in self-defense or in defense of another AI ship.
- Can actively hunt pirates, terrorists and lawfuls in systems that do not contain a jumpgate.
- Cannot attack transports and freighters, except in selfdefense.
- Cannot use any transports with more than 3,600 cargo.

Allowed ships: Fighters, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats, AI Cruiser

I have to say especially as the leading part of the AI Consensus logistic division that changing the max. cargo to 3,600 is quite unfair.
The 4,2k restriction has allowed us for SRP 4 Akegatas and myself AI is installed in a Renzu liner.
Setting the ID predominant for autonomous & and independent AI's is also unfair, for parties like the consensus that are on their way for unifying the most AIs, and offering a new interesting RP based on AI ID only.

I have also to say creating some infrastructure by building a base in omicron kappa is enormous exhausting, even though we currently have the 4,2k transports. I really don't like to think how killing this would be by just being allowed to use 3,6k transports.

Furthermore RPing an AI in an AI faction results often an automated unwelcome that possibly could be seen as kinda like RepHack.

i think i know why they have done this. As AI has even only 1 YES 1 rephack. It would just be used as some powertrader id as you could dock everywhere with a 4200 cargo ship. in and outside house space. I guess this is the reason WHY.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - West - 05-16-2013

Quote:Samura Industries
- Cannot land on Kishiro bases.

Kishiro Technologies
- Cannot land on Samura bases.

After some discussions in Kusari Gov chat we would like to ask for this to be removed. What corporations do outside house don't really change situation inhouse where government would demand open docking for any lawful kusarian on any lawful base. Also conidering that some major resources for PoB sells only on Samura bases.. it will shutdown any attempts for Kishiro to make PoB without oorp stuff.

in .86 we have that pirating line.. but nothing really changed.. yes we hate each other, but not to the point to close docking ports and watch how BD/GC destroy your ship.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Thyrzul - 05-16-2013

(05-16-2013, 07:05 AM)Hone Wrote: Your just repeating yourself, what cant you do under "may hunt lawfuls" that you could do under "may treat" lines?

I don't really know... maybe treat transports as combat targets?

In my opinion that was the point of those IDs, so that characters can fully roleplay the terrorist nature of those two factions factions.

Now what is the Maquis ID? Exactly a Brigand ID without Kyushu. Lost it's uniqueness completely. I don't really understand why it had to be removed in exchange for gunboats, I've never seen any complaints against that line in the Maquis ID, neither at Xenos.

And even Xenos seem to be reduced to the level of general unlawfuls with the lack of gunboats, however I can not say much about them.

Why "fix" (screw, imo) what was not broken?

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Ceoran - 05-16-2013

(05-16-2013, 03:54 PM)West Wrote:
Quote:Samura Industries
- Cannot land on Kishiro bases.

Kishiro Technologies
- Cannot land on Samura bases.

After some discussions in Kusari Gov chat we would like to ask for this to be removed. What corporations do outside house don't really change situation inhouse where government would demand open docking for any lawful kusarian on any lawful base. Also conidering that some major resources for PoB sells only on Samura bases.. it will shutdown any attempts for Kishiro to make PoB without oorp stuff.

in .86 we have that pirating line.. but nothing really changed.. yes we hate each other, but not to the point to close docking ports and watch how BD/GC destroy your ship.

/signed by Samura.

Also, not allowing another citizen of your house to dock when he is chased by a pirate is something that I'd call "failure to render assistance in an emergency" and at least where I'm living that's a crime.
Since the houses are the civilized parts of Sirius I'd imagine them to think likewise.
It's also getting even stranger since the local corporations won't find shelter everywhere while foreigners do.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Jack_Henderson - 05-16-2013

I don't see why Kishiro and Samura are different to BMM, Kruger, IMG, DHC who have no-docking rephacks but are not hostile... just rivals. Corporate conflicts are a lot fiercer than in reality in Disco, e.g. mining factions can pirate each other, etc.

I don't mind Kishiro-Samura being able to dock at each other's bases... don't get me wrong. I just saw the parallel.

RE: Proposal: ID changes for 4.87 - Duvelske - 05-16-2013

(05-16-2013, 04:23 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: I don't see why Kishiro and Samura are different to BMM, Kruger, IMG, DHC who have no-docking rephacks but are not hostile... just rivals. Corporate conflicts are a lot fiercer than in reality in Disco, e.g. mining factions can pirate each other, etc.

I don't mind Kishiro-Samura being able to dock at each other's bases... don't get me wrong. I just saw the parallel.
Well its simple:
Kusari house: Kishiro and Samura
Rheinland Big GrinHC and Kruger

IMG does not belong to any house. so they have access in this case to bs ships. Have to agree with the Samura and such. it makes no sense that house corporations are fighting each other. Their house lawfulls will not allow it.