Discovery Gaming Community
Official faction activity - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: Official faction activity (/showthread.php?tid=61466)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Official faction activity - Serpentis - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:I think 20 hours for trading factions, 50 hours for unaffiliated ID factions, and 80 hours for house militaries/outcast/corsair is reasonable. Militaries are a BIG responsibility. Kishiro? Not as much.

EDIT: Wondering about factions like Xenos, Rogues, etc.

Really man, can I ask you a favor?

You maintain a official faction, oh wait, you havent.

So, what makes your arguments valid AT ALL?!

Ive handled 2 in my days, and one died cause of RL, the other is pushing it cause of RL from members.

YOU, do not know anything about handling an official faction, let alone handling its members, making sure they WANT to be online.

Inactivity is NOT supposed to be a Faction killer.. RL exists, and if you just refuse to see that. Then I maintain my last statement about you having no RL.

Thank you.

Official faction activity - Ingenious - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:Really man, can I ask you a favor?

You maintain a official faction, oh wait, you havent.

So, what makes your arguments valid AT ALL?!

Ive handled 2 in my days, and one died cause of RL, the other is pushing it cause of RL from members.

YOU, do not know anything about handling an official faction, let alone handling its members, making sure they WANT to be online.

Inactivity is NOT supposed to be a Faction killer.. RL exists, and if you just refuse to see that. Then I maintain my last statement about having no RL.

Thank you.

If you are inactive, it is your responsibility to step down and let someone whose RL permits to lead the faction properly. Please stop taking shots at me through saying I have no RL. No, I have not ever led an official faction, but if I were leading one and didn't have RL time to anymore, I'd pass it to someone else. What else should I do? Hang on to my post through inactivity?

edit: and if your entire faction is inactive, then let someone else run the NPC faction . . . not too hard to figure out . . .

Official faction activity - alphadog - 06-14-2011

The problem is there often -is- nobody else to take over leadership. Thats why factions die in the first place.

' Wrote:The problem is there often -is- nobody else to take over leadership. Thats why factions die in the first place.

It is better to leave the spot open and let the ground lie fallow and regain fertility for future success instead of hanging on to a bad patch of land while being inactive.

Official faction activity - Panzer - 06-14-2011

Meh off.

Me and my men are here for our own enjoyment, not for show.

That is exactly what is happening now. New problem, nobody takes up the empty spot. So, what is worse, an inactive faction that does some official stuff sometimes, or no faction at all? Making the requirement higher will only kill more factions, leaving open gaps that will not be filled. Using your own definition, -that- is terrible ooRP.

Official faction activity - Rapur - 06-14-2011

I think it's good as it is. The only thing that bothers me is the 1 official faction/ID rule.

Edit: The 1 RP event/month sounds cool, though.

' Wrote:That is exactly what is happening now. New problem, nobody takes up the empty spot. So, what is worse, an inactive faction that does some official stuff sometimes, or no faction at all? Making the requirement higher will only kill more factions, leaving open gaps that will not be filled. Using your own definition, -that- is terrible ooRP.

Currently, the one-faction-per-ID rule is the primary killer of activity and thus the actual antagonist. I would entertain a scenario where this rule is removed and activity hour requirements were made proportional, but not so high. If you're going to hold on to your ID and play king of the hill, get ingame. Seriously.

Official faction activity - Panzer - 06-14-2011

What activity killer? 180+ logged characters is the norm, not the exception.

Without specific examples of what you mean, all your arguments are a little vague. Who suffers from these rules, which factions are limited because of that, how, and how will your suggestions change that?