Discovery Gaming Community
System Ideas - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: System Ideas (/showthread.php?tid=2452)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

System Ideas - AlexPaladinStorm - 03-05-2007

Technically, the Coalition had developed in-system Warp Generators that could reach across the Sol system instantaneously, and the Alliance stole them and made them portable enough for fighters and other ships. With that in mind, how come travel hasn't improved, and seems to have gone retrograde in some ways, about nine centuries later, with the exception of alien-based technologies (Jump Gates and Trade Lanes)?

EDIT: Though the Trade Lanes are still slower than the Warp Gates.... -.-

System Ideas - Nightfall - 03-05-2007

' Wrote:Well, based on my weird ideas of making highly dangerous, high-paying bounty systems, I've been messing around with Freelancer Explorer (I want to contribute with a few maps).

let's say for now that I'm a little concerned about your jumpholes, I'm sure there's no Tau-84 to Omicron-85 jump in Omicron-85 (I also don't remember a Tau-84 altogether). Anyway, try using the existing ones (plenty of those around) without adding a jumphole/gate or whatever without a reason.
Needs to be thought better, but generally I like your ideas.
Anyway, it would be very nice to sit down and talk about who's making what in their systems so we have variety in the systems. Also, it would e nice for the ones making the systems to make them as bugless as possible.

just my two cents

System Ideas - endlessvoid - 03-05-2007

' Wrote:let's say for now that I'm a little concerned about your jumpholes, I'm sure there's no Tau-84 to Omicron-85 jump in Omicron-85 (I also don't remember a Tau-84 altogether).

Tau-84 is a new, made from scratch system i'm doing. The guard systems will have jump holes to the new systems. (Or maybe Jump Gates)

' Wrote:Anyway, try using the existing ones (plenty of those around) without adding a jumphole/gate or whatever without a reason.

The only system I could think about doing it that way is the one below Liberty Navy, which connects to Hackers - Unioners - Junkers, but I wasn't sure about the Junkers since they're sort of neutral with L.Navy, Hackers and Unioners...

' Wrote:Needs to be thought better, but generally I like your ideas.
Anyway, it would be very nice to sit down and talk about who's making what in their systems so we have variety in the systems. Also, it would e nice for the ones making the systems to make them as bugless as possible.

just my two cents

Ill test my systems, with every ship possible and every corner on it:)

System Ideas - Dab - 03-05-2007

Igiss doesn't exactly want us making brand new systems, or new jump holes.. Being brand new jump holes to new systems from old, then getting transported over the internet can make them highly prone to crashes. Thus, Igiss makes the systems and jump holes, and then we edit them. If we want new jump holes, we would have to ask him to edit them into our files, if we get his permission to even have them in there in the first place.

Thats why you should be using pre-existing systems.

System Ideas - Panzer - 03-05-2007

An idea of mine If I may:

Tere could be a few systems in the mod, that would be "ready for usage", but be completely unpopulated both by humans and nomads. Those "wild" systems would contain uninhabited (or unhabitable) planets, asteroid fields, suns and nebulas, but completely no civilized life (not even nomads). They could be full of goodies, like minerals and wrecks. But also be very dangerous to go through or explore. Due to..let's say... deadly radiation (as near the neutron star in omega 41) or large fields of volatile gases. Maybe even some "hostile wildlife" (see the new NPC factions thread), in other words: all mother nature could ever think of to make a player's life miserable. It would be cool if those systems were of cosiderable size, so that exploring it took some serious time (I believe this already has been suggested). In short, make a system as if there never was any civilization in it, make it dangerous, but profitable to explore, oh, and of course, give it some nice scenery:happy:

System Ideas - endlessvoid - 03-10-2007

' Wrote:Igiss doesn't exactly want us making brand new systems, or new jump holes.. Being brand new jump holes to new systems from old, then getting transported over the internet can make them highly prone to crashes. Thus, Igiss makes the systems and jump holes, and then we edit them. If we want new jump holes, we would have to ask him to edit them into our files, if we get his permission to even have them in there in the first place.

Thats why you should be using pre-existing systems.

Yeah, i've noticed that new systems causes the old savegames to crash... Unless you start your game back from start. Ill post some systems, some new ones, some pre-existing ones, if Igiss likes them, then its his decision to add them...:)

System Ideas - Dab - 03-12-2007

Tip: Don't try selling more than the 3-ship limit on one base. It WILL crash the game. So sayeth the Omicron-80 editor..