Discovery Gaming Community
GRN feedback thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: GRN feedback thread (/showthread.php?tid=60805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: GRN feedback thread - Thunderer - 02-02-2014

I've accidentally found this place in search for something else and realized I've left no comments - for one of my favourite factions.

RE: GRN feedback thread - Technogeist - 07-04-2014

Dribblers.

RE: GRN feedback thread - Omi - 07-04-2014

Thank you for the feedback...?

RE: GRN feedback thread - FallenKnight - 01-29-2015

I would like to fill a blank of complaint against few members of GRN. I am not here because "ship exploded and its not cool". I will try to explain my point of view as short as possible and yet detailed. I don't plan to open "fight" in your feedback because that's not the way to handle problems. This subject about the attitude during battles is super important and would like to know how you would feel best to implement it - for I see that you don't plan to bother at all.

GRN|Emile.Evreux
GRN|Ferdinand.Mounier
GRN|ONI-'Effrayant'
GRN|Thomas.Leveque

These players were online, fighting in Manchester. From what I've been told they were "veterans/skillful" players in fighters only. I've evaluated that they were 4+1 indie vs ~7 in the group of BAF. But - these 7 were not together. People were asking for assisting vs very good fighters in snubs so I decided to bring my gunboat (never had intentions to return it in 1 piece). I haven't flew for 2 years so my outdated skills would be more than fair against ~3-4 snubs right? When I came to the field I saw only one destroyer from State|(I had no idea it was there in first place) so I immediately told the player to retreat and let me fight fairly the remaining forces.
I did my best to openly start a fight in RP but what I've witnessed was something I could recall as "indian assault". One of the GRN told me to "retreat" or be destroyed. Considering I was alone I decided to do so by closing to the trade lane. Nevertheless one of them begun to CD me, shot the trade lane and opened fire on me with absolutely no notification.
I was shocked for few seconds, thinking what to do because - what would you do first? Open fire? Open //? First they give an option in RP then they scratch this out for the sake of the "blue Oscar". I've managed to contact one of the GRN| and told him that it was not good move to do so with no notification but he possibly have ignored me.
So after they've finished the destroyer all decided to finish of my ship - Absolutely no problem - I let them do so in the end but I couldn't hide my shock from the attitude of official faction in such important moments where fair play can be proved to be part of your guidelines.

Here is another thing - Cashew (who was there from the beginning) have told me that the fight begun as clean 2v2. But later evolved in to 5v2. And in between all this - a random cresy (who was not requested to come) arrived for unknown reason. In one word - chaos.
My questions are: Why are top 5 GRN veterans/pros jumping on 2 BAF like these BAF can stand a chance against them? Is this how it should have been handled? Is this the way to express your hatred towards BAF?

I've been gone for some time but what I've witnessed today was no different from what I've seen back then, which leads me to believe you guys don't care about fair-play at all. If I am wrong then why none of these official 4 members didn't step in to evaluate the battle and deploy reasonable amount of its forces? Why not approaching one of the BAF (highest rank) and propose a good battle like the old times?

-Moments like these are only ruining the good behavior between the players - what would you expect next time? BAF to do this upon you? That is not the way to solve this. You hit me, I will hit you - it must end. Be fair or try to be fair each battle and you will see others will do the same.

PS: And please...really...stop sending your best pilots like that. Its an overkill. Its BAF problem they dont "know how to fight"? No - its BAF problem they dont have aces.

RE: GRN feedback thread - Jayce - 01-29-2015

Quote:PS: And please...really...stop sending your best pilots like that.
The top 5 GRN veterans are Dan, Carter, Redon, Omi, and... me?

You flew a hostile gunboat up to a fight in progress with a cap involved, and you expect to tell us your life story? You expect us to write you a book?

RE: GRN feedback thread - The Kijima Clan - 01-29-2015

Hi guys, I think the misunderstanding has come from the fact the Gunboat showed up very late into the fight, when the rest of the forces had been destroyed/retreated. don't get me wrong I was destroyed before I saw him killed. but I do recall you asking him to withdraw and I didn't myself see him engage the GRN| forces. I wasn't around after but more RP from what I saw could have been given
Quote:You flew a hostile gunboat up to a fight in progress with a cap involved, and you expect to tell us your life story? You expect us to write you a book?
Perhaps don't get sarcastic when people are posting on your feedback thread, makes you look like an idiot.

RE: GRN feedback thread - Jayce - 01-29-2015

We asked him to withdraw, and he didn't.

RE: GRN feedback thread - FallenKnight - 01-29-2015

@Rantari, I dont know you but thank you for the understanding and the support you are providing towards my post. Its good to see another player noticing that something was not totally right about today's GRN RP. Not that I am happy of that problems are on the line.
@Jayce, I didn't respond to you first sarcastic post - because like I stated - this is not the place to start fights especially towards taunts. You see rantari also noticed that your RP were very limited and also - that you are sarcastic in the wrong place.

"We asked him to withdraw - he didn't" - is very cheap excuse especially when I was ...retreating...haven't you read my post? Why do you think I had to explain my "life story"??? So you could understand your mistakes from my point of view, thats why. You (or whoever was there) told me to retreat...By the time I came, during that time - I did not threaten you nor opened fire. I was sitting in one place...RP-ing with the destroyer to leave...talking with Group Chat...talking with you...and after I saw the battle is over - I took your "permission" to retreat and moved at the trade lane. There is where you decided to ...why not just kill me even if you told me to go. That's the problem.
So instead be sarcastic or looking for a way to show yourself as the innocent side "that did nothing" - try to understand me and just don't do it again for the sake of RP and fairplay.

Thank you for giving me chance to retreat, I did appreciate that - sadly you let me no choice to answer your proposal as intended. I would understand you if I did opened fire - declaring hostile actions even after being told to run - but I havent done that ...if you were there and paying attention - I LET that GRN take my whole shields down without moving an inch or firing on him... I was hoping he would be reasonable or someone from your "commanders" would ask him "what are you doing? he is leaving" - but...that didn't happened. And that is why I am here - to file a complaint towards the attitude and actions of these players.

PS: Be happy that I am trying to be reasonable and delivering structural feedback instead to write single sentences and expect understanding - you are making a joke of me. That is not fun at all and if you believe this is the right way to solve problems, then you are simply revealing that something is wrong on your side.

RE: GRN feedback thread - Pancakes - 01-29-2015

Why should enemy forces let a hostile Gunboat that arrived at the scene of a fight between snubs (obviously without regard to how imbalanced gunboats are against snubs), let you go away? So you could come back 20 minutes later and shoot at them?

This makes little sense from both inRP and ooRP standpoints. If you want to have a quick gateway from fights - don't fly a capital ship into them.

When did your enemy owe you the courtesy of just scuttling out of a fight?

RE: GRN feedback thread - An'shur - 01-29-2015

FallenKnight, you are right about the ganks. I remember 10 fighters/bombers and a Perilous against my lone fighter. But it is aimless to complain because some people will never change.