Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes (/showthread.php?tid=23848)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Akura - 07-28-2009

I think this is a very bad idea, more cons than pros here, sometimes its just an honest mistake.

Who cares if someone F1s, just set it to beam the back to their last base, less room for error...

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Unholy1 - 07-28-2009

Pirating a trader that says 1 moment then logs off to avoid the toll is annoying.
So honestly quite a few people care.

But I do have to ask cannon,
If the whole server crashes will this be took as an F1?

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Discovery UK - 07-28-2009

That's something that I'm concerned about. . . GC seems to crash fairly frequently (which is understandable due to the amount of players, overclocking and such), and if people are disconnected during a crash, that's going to cause more than a few problems.

' Wrote:BTW: Mwhahaha... I know your full name now Cannon:POr should I say... *says cannon's real name*
That's not advisable - not everyone wants to have their real names given out to people they don't know. . .

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - alexcomboy - 07-28-2009

Says the guy who told me it...
Oh! And Cannon... *says "the words" again* said it wouldn't effect anyone if the server crashed - obviously - as FLHook doesn't work properly when it crashes.
But I'm still worried about that lag we got a while back... The whole server just red-lagged for a few minutes, during DDoS, but it didn't disconnect everyone, just some people.
Now if that happened again...
BTW: Josh and Akura... I hope you don't mind me quoting this... Ok, so you probably will, but never mind...
[21:14:42] Akura: more cons that pros
Also, Eagle Utopia's mod disables all the buttons while in space on the F1 menu... Except for "Options" and "Return to game".
Can't this be done in 4.86?
Although... A lot of people (like me) still have access to the ethernet cable.
And I suppose that also doesn't disable ALT+F4.
EDIT: Also Cannon, I think there's a hell of a lot more people thinking this is a bad idea.
From now on, I'm doing /pingtarget on all No.Reason's victims... Everyone with decent ping... Well that's obvious.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Korrd - 07-29-2009

' Wrote:Yes, the F1 cargo drop has been disabled for the last three days, i.e. no cargo is dropped if you disconnect by either lagging out or F1.
Yeah.
The funny part is, people still reported cargo loss even while the plugin was disabled...
That's why those reports lost some truthfulness on my eyes.:rolleyes:

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Unseelie - 07-29-2009

Why can't there just be message that they've F1ed, and then the character be kept in space for 60 seconds, as usual?

The intent of the proposed rule is to get rid of F1ing violations. If pirates know, and can kill their target, then there's again, no benefit to F1ing. So one can institute -that- policy, with the onus on the pirate to capture the cargo (as is their job anyway).

I do note that both systems involve drastically reducting the penalty for F1ing.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Baltar - 07-29-2009

' Wrote:Is there a way to monitor whether or not someone disconnects through f1 or timing out?

What about when people drop connection because the problem is server-side, or a DOS attack or whatever happens and a lot of players are "departed" in space, are they effected?

EDIT: Idea! apply the cargo drop within 5km of wrecks, get rid of the damn campers!

Whole-heartedly agree. Its those who F1 that need to lose their cargo. Those who lose connection due to the weather taking out their power or connection shouldn't lose anything.

' Wrote:Yes, the F1 cargo drop has been disabled for the last three days, i.e. no cargo is dropped if you disconnect by either lagging out or F1.

Cannon ... absolutely think this tool is a great idea to deter folk from F1'ing out. Hope you guys can figure out how to distinguish between an F1 and lagout. If you do, might wanna make a couple notices when they disappear ... 1) "Player X has experienced a temporal distortion." for those who lost connection unintentionally ... and 2) "Player X lost all hull integrity ... all that remains of his ship is scrap metal and cargo." for those who F1 out.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - alexcomboy - 07-29-2009

Or we could have a console message when someone logs out, and it enables a command on the character that jettisons the cargo... Notifying everyone in the area of course.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Stoat - 07-29-2009

' Wrote:Why can't there just be message that they've F1ed, and then the character be kept in space for 60 seconds, as usual?

The intent of the proposed rule is to get rid of F1ing violations. If pirates know, and can kill their target, then there's again, no benefit to F1ing. So one can institute -that- policy, with the onus on the pirate to capture the cargo (as is their job anyway).

I do note that both systems involve drastically reducting the penalty for F1ing.

Totally agree with Unseelie on this one.

I've had 3 people F1 on me in the last couple of days. The cargo wasn't dropped (obviously I now know that bit has been disabled) and the ships didn't hang around long enough for me to blow them up. A solo bomber needs more than a few seconds to do this. Hence the gits that F1'd on me get away scot free. This needs to change. The instant message that an F1 has been pulled is great, just extend the time they are suspended in space to a minute again. Please.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - kingvaillant - 07-29-2009

' Wrote:Totally agree with Unseelie on this one.

I've had 3 people F1 on me in the last couple of days. The cargo wasn't dropped (obviously I now know that bit has been disabled) and the ships didn't hang around long enough for me to blow them up. A solo bomber needs more than a few seconds to do this. Hence the gits that F1'd on me get away scot free. This needs to change. The instant message that an F1 has been pulled is great, just extend the time they are suspended in space to a minute again. Please.

Can it be possible for those F1ing in front of other people to have their ship stay in space for MORE than a minute? like 1:30. (while keeping the time to 10 seconds for those F1ing in front of group members or in the middle of nowhere)

And yes, as I said one hundred times, just a message and a long time hanging in space. that's it.