Discovery Gaming Community
Official faction activity - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: Official faction activity (/showthread.php?tid=61466)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Official faction activity - Ingenious - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:I've been trying to find a new leader or co-leader for RepEx for years. Literally. Every time I hand it off, the new leader disappears. In that time, there have been no unofficial factions for Republican. I have stated multiple times that I'm open to other groups setting up, and possibly merging.

But RepEx is still on the very edge of in activeness. Now tell me, if that slot lies empty, who is helped?

Also, isn't refusing to roleplay with people ooRP?

Nobody is helped if the slot lies empty. That is too bad that you cannot find a more active leader. I wish it were different. Hopefully lowering the activity requirement for traders will alleviate the situation somewhat.

To your side remark: Yes, it is. However, lately, taking a sanction has become preferable to dealing with some people in this community, and you can hold me to that one.

' Wrote:It is pretty clear to me that you have an axe to grind with factions. Maybe you had a bad experience with factions. So now you are going to try and pull the old, "I have a different opinion than you, so I am going to try and ruin your fun." I haven't seen any part of your "proposal" that is geared toward improving factions, only trying to run them out of business.

I have an axe to grind, but not with factions in general. I have an axe to grind with factions possessing a disproportionate amount of power.

Official faction activity - Athenian - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:I have an axe to grind, but not with factions in general. I have an axe to grind with factions possessing a disproportionate amount of power.

Which ones would that be?

Official faction activity - Zelot - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:I have an axe to grind, but not with factions in general. I have an axe to grind with factions possessing a disproportionate amount of power.

Yes, factions hold a disproportionately small amount power compared to the Admins and Devs. We should try to fix that.

I am not sure how making things harder on factions takes power away from them. If you want to remove some of the rights, ask for that. Don't ask to make is so hard that factions can't stay in business.

Ask for what you want, not some other thing, cause when you ask for one thing and hope to get another, it makes you seem underhanded and disingenuous.

Official faction activity - Jihadjoe - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:policies that alienate independents.
Tell me what these are.

Now go and read the first post you made in this thread.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88221

Infact you suggest here that you should be careful with official factions and not associate yourself with them overly, to avoid becoming prominent, and thus avoid sanctions.

In that thread, you advise indies not to join official factions, and alienate themselves from them. This attitude is actively discouraging of official faction activity and recruitment. This coupled with your thread here demanding more official faction activity is contradictory at best...

"DO NOT JOIN OFFICIAL FACTIONS"
*watches as people are put off from joining official factions*
"AH-HAH! Now I can put pressure on factions to be more active and make them look bad."

You also say that official factions should respond to communication channel stuff in a timely manner... In the link I posted you said players should avoid forum exposure in order to avoid becoming a target. This is also contradictory.

I suggest you swap roles with me for a month.

I will tell you that you have to be more active, respond to everything immediately and fly thirty billion hours every day of your life, never sleep, never work, never eat, and do nothing but run a faction... And at the same time I will tell independants not to join a faction, using scare tactics like saying "You will get sanctioned if you do".

While I give you a hard time, you will run the faction, keeping the members happy, the people you interact with in game happy (both enemy and allied, neutral, demanding, easy going, the lot), work in the Liberty Government, hold down a job and a social life, and function in an admin capacity... And then you tell me if you resent posts like the one you made in this thread after experiencing that.

Give it a try. Then, if you do a better job than me... That's when you have the right to call me lazy. Okay?

To me, this whole thread looks like a poorly concealed attempt at killing a good number of extremely competant factions because you simply dislike the idea of them existing in the first place.

Do you per chance have a bad experience of say... Getting kicked out of an official faction? Would you like to talk about it?

' Wrote:Tell me what these are.
Now go and read the first post you made in this thread.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88221

Infact you suggest here that you should be careful with official factions and not associate yourself with them overly, to avoid becoming prominent, and thus avoid sanctions.

In that thread, you advise indies not to join official factions, and alienate themselves from them. This attitude is actively discouraging of official faction activity and recruitment. This coupled with your thread here demanding more official faction activity is contradictory at best...

"DO NOT JOIN OFFICIAL FACTIONS"
*watches as people are put off from joining official factions*
"AH-HAH! Now I can put pressure on factions to be more active and make them look bad."

You also say that official factions should respond to communication channel stuff in a timely manner... In the link I posted you said players should avoid forum exposure in order to avoid becoming a target. This is also contradictory.

I suggest you swap roles with me for a month.

I will tell you that you have to be more active, respond to everything immediately and fly thirty bilion hours every day of your life, never sleep, never work, never eat, and do nothing but run a faction... And at the same time I will tell independants not to join a faction, using scare tactics like saying "You will get sanctioned if you do".

While I give you a hard time, you will run the faction, keeping the members happy, the people you interact with in game happy (both enemy and allied, neutral, demanding, easy going, the lot), work in the Liberty Government, hold down a job and a social life, and function in an admin capacity... And then you tell me if you resent posts like the one you made in this thread after experiencing that.
Give it a try. Then, if you do a better job than me... That's when you have the right to call me lazy. Okay?

That post was a satire. Was that not obvious?

Official faction activity - ProwlerPC - 06-14-2011

I honestly feel the snag is that we all aren't on the same page about what this "...disproportionate amount of power." actually entails. If we can have a definition of it then perhaps we can, from there, look at which factions are the one's you seem to be alluding. Perhaps?

' Wrote:I honestly feel the snag is that we all aren't on the same page about what this "...disproportionate amount of power." actually entails. If we can have a definition of it then perhaps we can, from there, look at which factions are the one's you seem to be alluding. Perhaps?

I have stated the disproportionate amount several times.

An example of disproportionality: a faction that constitutes 0.01% of server activity but owns, governs, and polices 15% of the real estate. Tell me that is not disproportional!

Official faction activity - Zelot - 06-14-2011

How bout this Ingenious,

What is it you want to see happen?

Official faction activity - Dab - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:That post was a satire. Was that not obvious?
I think what's obvious is your complaining regardless what official factions do.

You hate them, okay. I don't think they care. Go hate them all by yourself, you don't have to drag everyone else in with you.