Discovery Gaming Community
RE: The sanction of the Hess/Bret Combined Forces BattleGroup - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: RE: The sanction of the Hess/Bret Combined Forces BattleGroup (/showthread.php?tid=78843)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: The sanction of the Hess/Bret Combined Forces BattleGroup - Hell Hunter - 04-24-2012

Why'd they even get put in lost without cargo, just to let the lolcaps have revenge and take the unmounted stuff as a 'reward'?
really.

RE: The sanction of the Hess/Bret Combined Forces BattleGroup - Linkus - 04-24-2012

' Wrote:[Image: tumblr_m1yx4yrZel1qi13xvo2_500.jpg]

Y u no play nice Teschy? Q.Q

RE: The sanction of the Hess/Bret Combined Forces BattleGroup - Benjamin - 04-24-2012

' Wrote:Many things about player bases are ooRP. I wonder how Corsairs acquired Cryocubes, hmm, and Xenobiotic Filters. Base construction necessitates ooRP actions, or at least very heavy metagaming

Corsair: hey farmer can I have some cryocubes?
Farmer: hey samura can I have some cryocubes?

Or

Corsair: hey indie 5k, can I have those cryocubes
Trader: no
Corsair: 2 late baby

Also some pages ago re:cambridge and hessians. Vlaz, that infocardl - corsair smuggling routes in to Bretonia are 41 and 5. Hence ronneburg, the minefields and all the wreckls.
Cambridge isn't a sair smuggling route in to bretonia, it's a sair smuggling route in bretonia.

RE: The sanction of the Hess/Bret Combined Forces BattleGroup - teschy - 04-24-2012

' Wrote:What a witty and mature retort. Kudos.

I never claimed to be either, I was just pointing out the fact that it's not required to sign yourself twice with the same name.

' Wrote:Y u no play nice Teschy? Q.Q

I saw Laowai reading the forums and I wanted to see if I can get his attention, since he's an admin and all. I'm sure he's all into this stuff right now.

RE: The sanction of the Hess/Bret Combined Forces BattleGroup - Laowai - 04-24-2012

' Wrote:I saw Laowai reading the forums and I wanted to see if I can get his attention, since he's an admin and all. I'm sure he's all into this stuff right now.

After months away im using this thread as a primer for what I need to get used to again.

RE: The sanction of the Hess/Bret Combined Forces BattleGroup - Snak5 - 04-24-2012

' Wrote:After months away im using this thread as a primer for what I need to get used to again.
Not worth the trouble with such community as a whole, ech?

RE: The sanction of the Hess/Bret Combined Forces BattleGroup - Prysin - 04-24-2012

' Wrote:After months away im using this thread as a primer for what I need to get used to again.

welcome back i spose....

RE: The sanction of the Hess/Bret Combined Forces BattleGroup - EisenSeele - 04-24-2012

Can we get a consensus here as a playerbase to decide how to carry on from here?

Since a sanction took place, do we act as though the temporary alliance of a Hessian capfleet in Bretonia and the BAF never happened? (a sanction being the Admin's way of saying lolno, should never have happened - does that mean it is retconed out of rp?)

I'm leaning towards the thought that the transporting of the hessian/baf ships into nomad territory is OORP and to be ignored ingame, but it'd be good to be on the same page as others with this regard as it, if considered inrp, has many times many possible consequences (BAF mapping of the omicrons for future reference for some sort of expedition when resources permit, opening of some BAF to nomad infection, as possible consequences).

RE: The sanction of the Hess/Bret Combined Forces BattleGroup - Alley - 04-24-2012

' Wrote:Can we get a consensus here as a playerbase to decide how to carry on from here?

Since a sanction took place, do we act as though the temporary alliance of a Hessian capfleet in Bretonia and the BAF never happened? (a sanction being the Admin's way of saying lolno, should never have happened - does that mean it is retconed out of rp?)

I'm leaning towards the thought that the transporting of the hessian/baf ships into nomad territory is OORP and to be ignored ingame, but it'd be good to be on the same page as others with this regard as it, if considered inrp, has many times many possible consequences (BAF mapping of the omicrons for future reference for some sort of expedition when resources permit, opening of some BAF to nomad infection, as possible consequences).

Sanctions are OORP. The teleport to lost is more of a good warning for stupidity in my opinion and the unmount of all valuable items such as CAUs a different kind of punishment than a common delete everything and credits. It makes you suffer and think about what you did wrong.

Therefore it's likely that the bret/hessian alliance for the destruction of the base never happened as well.

RE: The sanction of the Hess/Bret Combined Forces BattleGroup - Knjaz - 04-24-2012

' Wrote:Therefore it's likely that the bret/hessian alliance for the destruction of the base never happened as well.

Afaik, it's better to be this way, for everyone.
Otherwise we'll all might have to deal with "RP Consequences" that may come, for example, from teh Rheinland's side, what definitely won't help to keep things according to pre-written lore.